Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2421727 times)

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #10185 on: June 22, 2011, 05:01:15 pm »

chasms
YES.
Nations at War
HELL YES.
accepting public applications
HELL. #@$%ING. YES.
To go into more detail: If we make a Bay 12 nation, I am so gonna get in on it. Sending application now...
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 05:08:59 pm by SirAaronIII »
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10186 on: June 22, 2011, 05:45:12 pm »

Another supporter for a Bay12 nation. Let's strike the earth! Remember to praise the miners if Diamond is found. :P Applying.
"Why? We're the Good Guys, aren't we?"
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10187 on: June 22, 2011, 06:23:10 pm »

Another supporter for a Bay12 nation. Let's strike the earth! Remember to praise the miners if Diamond is found. :P Applying.

I would be down; at diamond level, for a bay 12 nation.
 I will send an application when I get back.
Thank you based dwarf.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10188 on: June 22, 2011, 06:35:42 pm »

Ok, weaponry to use: Magma buckets, TNT (gonna need to kill lots of creepers, and it's not allowed to make farms where they can't kill you. Gonna be fun...), and of course, traps. Lots and lots of traps. I have some ideas for some freaking evil piston traps. Plus some nice fortress hiding with them. Plus some auto fortifications. And of course, let's not forget the lever room, that can control everything (including the mandatory magma release), without a single label, of course.
"Yes, but that rather hinges on doing certain things and not doing others." - Paraphrased from Discworld.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10189 on: June 22, 2011, 06:52:16 pm »

I think the first thing we have to do is be pooled together, and pick choice land from day 1.
We need in house organization
Thank you based dwarf.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10190 on: June 22, 2011, 07:26:00 pm »

Traps won't really work too well. They know that structures are pointless in wars, provide zero protection and are more of a nuisance than any conceivable help. The plugin autorepairs damage to structures after a war ends except for chests and valuables like metal blocks. Just place your chest room somewhere central for your people to defend.

Lava curtain optional.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #10191 on: June 22, 2011, 07:39:00 pm »

Will be joining, after I get my name adjusted (for some reason my MC name is different than my name everywhere else).

Also, kiershar shares his wisdom in case we are going to be underground deep.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #10192 on: June 22, 2011, 07:45:13 pm »

The site you are trying to reach is currently in emergency maintenance due to critical hardware failures. We expect this maintenance window to last approximately 5 more hours. We apologize for the inconvienance.
Bluh.
So much for grabbing some mods and trying to get back into Minecraft again.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10193 on: June 22, 2011, 07:48:14 pm »

Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10194 on: June 22, 2011, 07:51:26 pm »

Traps won't really work too well. They know that structures are pointless in wars, provide zero protection and are more of a nuisance than any conceivable help. The plugin autorepairs damage to structures after a war ends except for chests and valuables like metal blocks. Just place your chest room somewhere central for your people to defend.

Lava curtain optional.
I'd say depend on the trap. I was thinking of making a underground fortress and trapping a corridor or another, say, using pistons to trap someone in a small space and flooding the chamber with magma. Or, say, trapping them, then making the available space smaller than the player, getting him crushed. It all depends on how pistons work.

For the important chests and valuables, I'm considering putting it DEEP on a undescript location, very well hidden, with no clear way to it, no way to find it, inside a obsidian panic room, and the few corridors that it have with the kind of traps I've mentioned. When 1.7 is released and we get pistons I'm going to put a few of them to test. I've also got some success with shaped charges (TNT, all directions but one with strong blocks to limit the non intentional damage. The precise nature of them also depends on pistons, how resistant they are, and if the sticky pistons grab only a single block or more.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10195 on: June 22, 2011, 07:54:45 pm »

Don't forget, there's no point in making stuff so hard to get to that the people who actually want to use it can't get to it
*Hugs*

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #10196 on: June 22, 2011, 08:01:39 pm »

http://www.planetminecraft.com/resources/mods/
PLanet Minecraft is still up.
And yet...  Where exactly would I get the Modloader or any of the other innumerable prerequisites that are not on there?

EDIT: It's a good thing I remembered about MCModCenter
EDIT2: ModloaderMP isn't on there, and I can't find a mirror.  No IndustrialCraft for me :/
EDIT3: Nor GUIAPI for Nandonalt's mods/etc.
Bluh.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 09:06:35 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10197 on: June 22, 2011, 08:08:37 pm »

Don't forget, there's no point in making stuff so hard to get to that the people who actually want to use it can't get to it

That actually doesn't seems too problematic. It all depends on piston behavior, but I should be able to make hidden bases relatively well. Say, a simple mountain side that you need to put a lever on the wall and pull it to open. Just remember to remove it after use. It's going to be hard to remember though, maybe taking a screenshot with the place. It also works well as hidden areas inside the base.

A possibility for another time is also a floating castle. Not hard to see, but should be annoying to get too. For our own use we could use a piston elevator maybe. If they extend longer if stacked, it can do a nice elevator. I just have to think how to make an elevator to allow people getting down without someone on ground level to help them.

Also, for warfare, we need to demonstrate the power of artillery. So, here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyJta8yKQhg The cannon

Also known as : WE ARE TOTALLY GONNA MAKE THAT! PROJECT FUCK THE WORLD, MINECRAFT EDITION.  :p
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 08:46:27 pm by Felius »

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #10198 on: June 22, 2011, 09:15:38 pm »

It would be incredible to build a V3 style super cannon pointed at an enemy's kingdom.  It would also be incredibly TNT expensive, and the fuse on the projectile could possibly be too short.  But even landing one shell would be completely worth it.

Bonus points for making the mouth of the cannon into a dwarf or dragon face.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

Felius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10199 on: June 22, 2011, 09:26:28 pm »

It would be incredible to build a V3 style super cannon pointed at an enemy's kingdom.  It would also be incredibly TNT expensive, and the fuse on the projectile could possibly be too short.  But even landing one shell would be completely worth it.

Bonus points for making the mouth of the cannon into a dwarf or dragon face.

Oh yeah, it's absurdly unpractical and expensive. It's totally freaking awesome though. Although we don't strictly need to build it at our kingdom with a fix target. If you have the materials in hand you can build them very fast, like, in a couple minutes, so it's feasible to just quickly build them on enemy lands and start firing.

When the wiki comes back and I can check the redstone circuitry page I'm gonna play with the design a little bit, see the max range we can get on it, check how many shells can be feasibly fired and so on.
Pages: 1 ... 678 679 [680] 681 682 ... 1380