Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2421760 times)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #10155 on: June 22, 2011, 03:10:51 am »

Meanwhile, a giant argument has erupted about adf.ly on the forums. Much flamewarring ensues. Personally I am anti-adf.ly as I have experienced it attempting to install a virus to me from one of it's ads. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/398180-poll-and-discussion-use-of-adfly
I wonder why the poll doesn't include texture packs as plenty of those use adf.ly, mine doesn't, however. No Script and Adblock plus likely saved me from any viruses.

Probably because the poll was done by the admin of the  Mods section and is posted there, instead of the texture pack section

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #10156 on: June 22, 2011, 04:14:37 am »

Meanwhile, a giant argument has erupted about adf.ly on the forums. Much flamewarring ensues. Personally I am anti-adf.ly as I have experienced it attempting to install a virus to me from one of it's ads. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/398180-poll-and-discussion-use-of-adfly

http://yogiverse.com/showthread.php?11017-Modders-report-in!-YOG-compilation-Pack!

YOG compilation pack is the new NOW (same 'director'/chief modder) and is looking awesome, they got proper permission from the creators this time and it's shaping up nice!
Wow, Lewis is kind of a dick.  I've seen trolling and anger, but he literally just told someone (plasticcraft's creator to be exact) "Get out".  And nothing else.  Also, seeing as how this is burning everywhere else on the internet, we should probably not start this argument here as well.  This forum seems more mature in general, but still.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #10157 on: June 22, 2011, 04:16:47 am »

http://yogiverse.com/showthread.php?11017-Modders-report-in!-YOG-compilation-Pack!

YOG compilation pack is the new NOW (same 'director'/chief modder) and is looking awesome, they got proper permission from the creators this time and it's shaping up nice!
Wow, Lewis is kind of a dick.  I've seen trolling and anger, but he literally just told someone (plasticcraft's creator to be exact) "Get out".  And nothing else.  Also, seeing as how this is burning everywhere else on the internet, we should probably not start this argument here as well.  This forum seems more mature in general, but still.

It's an old SA Meme of sorts.. And to be fair: that image was taken on Lewis's own forums which he owns. He can tell anyone to get out.

It has been objectively proven that Adf.ly has spread viruses in the past in the thread on MC now. There is no argument at this point that any rational person can really make. The 0.04 cents per hit is just not worth even 0.01 percent of users getting a virus.

Now I am tired and so I'm going to
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 04:20:49 am by Tilla »

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10158 on: June 22, 2011, 07:35:18 am »

0.04 cents per hit? stuff that. Easier to spend the time setting it up to just go and beg on the street, if you make a buck that's still 2.5K hits.
Magma is overrated.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10159 on: June 22, 2011, 07:37:30 am »

Think of how many people play minecraft.
Think of how many people download mods.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10160 on: June 22, 2011, 07:49:31 am »

I'm just gonna use this a lot to show Derek how little one should be offended by this. No harsh feelings to anybody on the receiving end.

And new generated feature, chasms.

http://i.imgur.com/YNhtV.png

Pretty large image, so just linked. Cave systems intersecting this thing will be great to settle in. Still digging the warm glow of the torches.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 07:51:59 am by Duke 2.0 »
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10161 on: June 22, 2011, 07:51:32 am »

D:
Sadface.

Pretty large image, so just linked. Cave systems intersecting this thing will be great to settle in. Still digging the warm glow of the torches.
:D
Notsadface
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10162 on: June 22, 2011, 07:53:16 am »

Redstone torches had better have a red blow.

Gonna make a Sixth House base in the next version.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10163 on: June 22, 2011, 07:54:41 am »

That sexy lighting looks like it may make my pc die
*Hugs*

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10164 on: June 22, 2011, 08:31:37 am »

:D
Notsadface
Same here :D
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10165 on: June 22, 2011, 10:36:56 am »

Redstone torches had better have a red blow.

Gonna make a Sixth House base in the next version.

They're the same as other torches. The new lighting system is pretty straightforward; there's skylight and blocklight. Skylight, which has a bluish tinge, comes from the sky (duh) and cycles with the day. Block light, which comes from any other source is a warmer orange. As far as I can tell, your light level is the highest of the two values in a given block.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10166 on: June 22, 2011, 10:39:33 am »

wow. minecraft forums are down.
 ::)
in other news, what mods do you use?
I use mostly PlasticCraft and Industrial Craft, with some smaller mods as well. I'm trying to get SDK's and Flan's mods working as well (Guns+Planes+Vehicles...)
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10167 on: June 22, 2011, 10:41:38 am »

I use the NOW! pack, but it doesn't really add much worth adding except Battle Towers and Millenaire.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10168 on: June 22, 2011, 10:43:04 am »

o.0
*looks it up*
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Duriel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10169 on: June 22, 2011, 11:30:45 am »

wow. minecraft forums are down.
 ::)
Actually, it seems like every Curse-related site is down. :o
An invisible lurker.

I have a YouTube channel!
Pages: 1 ... 676 677 [678] 679 680 ... 1380