Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2421922 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #10035 on: June 14, 2011, 10:18:12 pm »

Wait, you don't use the steampunk texture on planehacked?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10036 on: June 14, 2011, 10:19:06 pm »

I've been meaning to download the Dokucraft pack for a while, but I'm not using steampunk either.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10037 on: June 14, 2011, 10:28:57 pm »

Default all the way baby. If I can make something look good in default, it looks good in just about every other texture pack.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10038 on: June 14, 2011, 10:36:21 pm »

Default all the way baby. If I can make something look good in default, it looks good in just about every other texture pack.
'sup default buddy. Rocking the vanilla flavor.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10039 on: June 14, 2011, 10:43:09 pm »

I'm fine with it not launching things, it was kinda silly to see them do that. Same with entity blocks, I'm fine with the challenges this creates in the game. It does feel a lot less like a mod and more like a feature of the game.

Also one of the devs slightly changed the look of the cobblestone texture. It's basically just lighter now and edited to help tiling a bit, but hopefully it'll make cobblestone monsters look better now. Apparently there is also going to be cobblestone brick, but I can't confirm that.
I wonder if sticky pistons pick up minecarts.  I also think it would be cool if you could push a storage bin (and push it) into a cart to make a storage cart and use a sticky piston to pull it back out.  You could make an automated storage system that way.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10040 on: June 14, 2011, 10:44:11 pm »

I've been enjoying default lately as well.
It feels so much more satisfying to get buildings looking good with vanilla textures.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10041 on: June 14, 2011, 10:49:48 pm »

I'm fine with it not launching things, it was kinda silly to see them do that. Same with entity blocks, I'm fine with the challenges this creates in the game. It does feel a lot less like a mod and more like a feature of the game.

Also one of the devs slightly changed the look of the cobblestone texture. It's basically just lighter now and edited to help tiling a bit, but hopefully it'll make cobblestone monsters look better now. Apparently there is also going to be cobblestone brick, but I can't confirm that.
I wonder if sticky pistons pick up minecarts.  I also think it would be cool if you could push a storage bin (and push it) into a cart to make a storage cart and use a sticky piston to pull it back out.  You could make an automated storage system that way.
I hope pistons will launch minecarts. That'd be so cool.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10042 on: June 14, 2011, 10:50:40 pm »

It feels so much more satisfying to get buildings looking good with vanilla textures.

Exactly! Which is why cobble updates scare me :\
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10043 on: June 14, 2011, 11:24:48 pm »

Exactly! Which is why cobble updates scare me :\
Get a texture pack which only changes the look of the cobblestone to make it look like it does now  :P

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10044 on: June 15, 2011, 12:02:02 am »

I hope pistons will launch minecarts. That'd be so cool.

Given that they don't launch entities any more, I seriously doubt they'll launch minecarts, which are entities. By the same logic, it's highly unlikely the sticky pistons will be able to pull minecarts either. (And you wonder why we're depressed they took entity movement out?  :P )

That said, IIRC the Powered Rail sections can implement minecart launching - put them up against a solid block, and they accelerate a (stopped) cart away from said block. Using sticky pistons to pull carts off the tracks might not be possible, but something similar could be done with a switching station, using detector rails and redstone-manipulated junctions.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #10045 on: June 15, 2011, 01:28:53 am »

Also you can put powered rails on slopes negating the need for a solid block behind the rail.
1=0

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #10046 on: June 15, 2011, 07:10:28 am »

*hifive*
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10047 on: June 15, 2011, 07:13:48 am »

*hifive*
Heheh. Vanilla.

Here too, but vattic's 32x32 texture pack. Close enough.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10048 on: June 15, 2011, 07:17:36 am »

I personally love Misa's 64x pack; it's just a massive improvement on the original, without changing too much.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #10049 on: June 15, 2011, 12:49:55 pm »

OK, how about this:

Modify a map to be a flat disc with a hole in the center. The band of the disk would be maybe 12 chunks wide (or maybe however large a biome generally is), and the central hole would be about 64 in diameter.

This would, in essence, create a round world.

The other thing I'm considering is a world one chunk wide, making something like a first-person side-scroller. The mere 16 blocks would encourage extreme economy of space. Players would also need to travel through other's constructions to get anywhere.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 668 669 [670] 671 672 ... 1380