Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420894 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #9765 on: May 28, 2011, 10:45:39 am »

While maps don't record underground, my friend was wondering this: Will a map track your position while you're underground, and show your position relative to your place above ground?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9766 on: May 28, 2011, 11:35:59 am »

(I haven't played the versions with maps yet, but I've read Notch's blogs)
Maps do not record your position, the center of the map is when you first use it and that doesn't change

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #9767 on: May 28, 2011, 11:37:07 am »

Wow its an epic battle against bugs 1.6.5 v is out, with MORE BUGS :D poor notch.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #9768 on: May 28, 2011, 11:40:51 am »

And this thread is almost to on page 666.
Oh, the irony.

EDIT: Haha!
EDIT2: Why hasn't he updated either Tumblr with 1.6.5?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 11:45:01 am by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #9769 on: May 28, 2011, 11:49:57 am »

And this thread is almost to on page 666.
Oh, the irony.

EDIT: Haha!
EDIT2: Why hasn't he updated either Tumblr with 1.6.5?
He's afraid that he made more bugs. Which he did ...

Edit: i'll call this "code collapse" - when program reaches such a point that fixing bugs makes all kinds of new bugs

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9770 on: May 28, 2011, 12:51:42 pm »

A code singularity. Once it has gotten this dense, it is impossible for any functionality to escape.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9771 on: May 28, 2011, 12:55:12 pm »

I think Notch just bought a ton of crack with all the money he made several months ago and only in the past few weeks he woke up form the resulting coma and started to program again. ez was the one who was posting on the blog the whole time. He still retains the wide-awake productivity of the crack alongside the terrible side-effects. Every waking hour is programming and fixing bugs now.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9772 on: May 28, 2011, 06:26:32 pm »

I think Notch just bought a ton of crack with all the money he made several months ago and only in the past few weeks he woke up form the resulting coma and started to program again. ez was the one who was posting on the blog the whole time. He still retains the wide-awake productivity of the crack alongside the terrible side-effects. Every waking hour is programming and fixing bugs now.

He makes more bugs just so he can fix them so he doesn't have to go to sleep. Sleep brings the nightmares. Sleep brings the fear.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9773 on: May 29, 2011, 08:17:31 pm »

I have built myself a nuclear reactor and set it up to have materials safely piped in from a distance. My god this mod is amazing.

...now if only I had something to DO with all that power. Time to make a terraformer I suppose.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9774 on: May 29, 2011, 08:24:48 pm »

V1.7 will be an adventure update apparently.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #9775 on: May 29, 2011, 09:14:32 pm »

I have built myself a nuclear reactor and set it up to have materials safely piped in from a distance. My god this mod is amazing.

...now if only I had something to DO with all that power. Time to make a terraformer I suppose.
Damn i wish there were temperature simulations (mm) melted rock crater thats glowing in the night where the reactor was.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9776 on: May 29, 2011, 09:19:30 pm »

Well the reactor CAN explode and take a rather large chunk of the world with it. So I've buried mine at the bottom of the ocean.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9777 on: May 29, 2011, 09:31:42 pm »

My partner in MC stuff (stana419 if you guys ever find him on a server or something), had built a super power loop (water wheels, 2 reactors, geotherm, the works), and of course it overloaded, and then that pair of reactors kinda just fried a nice piece of the world. cut to three days later, we had 6 stuck on one loop.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9778 on: May 29, 2011, 11:27:00 pm »

How can I easily find australian servers?
The only one I found so far is the normal "EGN minecraft" server and their PvP one.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9779 on: May 30, 2011, 04:02:00 am »

Finally decided (after realizing I would have to walk over 3000 tracks fitting in boost tracks to keep my fort-to-town transportation working) to download industrial craft and start a new world. (goodbye my diamonds, obsidian, and ridiculous amounts of everything else  :'()

Is there any sequence that is incompatible with each other? Do all the latest versions of the modloaders and such work with 1.6 and each other? Or do i need to download certain versions of everything?

Any additional info on how to download all this stuff would be appreciated.
Pages: 1 ... 650 651 [652] 653 654 ... 1380