Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420898 times)

Tradanbattlan

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_DECENCY]
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #9750 on: May 26, 2011, 08:51:26 pm »

I could literally just stare at the ground looking for invisible shrubs to break. Thank goodness I'm not forced to see them, at least. Those invisible shrubs are ugly.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9751 on: May 26, 2011, 08:59:09 pm »

I finally wussed out and bought the game, despite playing for about a month on an unregistered copy. Sort of.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9752 on: May 26, 2011, 09:34:19 pm »

Alright, so I have Buildcraft and Industrialcraft installed on the old version I have saved in a separate folder. I really hope the extraction pipes work on an on/off basis instead of a state change signaling to extract a block. It's difficult to form a system that can handle any problems that come up, from furnaces getting full to different resources entering the system. Lets say I want to make an automatic system that takes junk from a chest, enters it into a recycler and crafts the scrap boxes automatically. If the recycler gets full or a different item comes along it doesn't go back in the pipe, it just pops out, so I have to place a chest at the end and have it extract to the system again. This causes half the resources heading to the recycler to divert to the overflow chest, and I need to rig up some blinkers to repeat the extraction pipes for them. And I need that chest because any problem needs it to get handled.

Blerrggg. I know some of you have some Industrialcraft setups that would be cool to see.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9753 on: May 27, 2011, 01:00:11 pm »

Has anyone else noticed their tools spontaneously vanishing lately? Because it's been happening quite a lot to me ><
*Hugs*

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #9754 on: May 27, 2011, 01:01:13 pm »

I've been exploring a fairly large network of caves in a game I just started.  It's crazy how easy it is to get lost, because these tunnels just weave in and out of each other, but there's resources and large, open caves galore.

If anyone's interested, you start out in some snowy place and have to travel a small ways to get there.  It's a great spelunking map - It feels like what all exploration should be in Minecraft.  Lots of lava, water, natural obsidian, and it rewards taking small peeks around places where you wouldn't think you'd find anything, like lakes of magma.

Seed: "Kinetic" (No quotation marks)

Make your way to these coordinates:

X: 198
Y: 53
Z: -579

There should be two holes in the ground nearby.  Just dive and be prepared to dig just a little bit, once you find the opening you'll find a fork in the tunnel.

I only found it because there was a zombie nearby - After hearing him I "cheated" to find him and discovered the place.  F3 is my favorite button, especially since I just keep finding new places to explore down here with it.  I keep getting lost down here.

Merchant: That's a bug that occurs if you drop your tools and then use them.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9755 on: May 27, 2011, 01:03:06 pm »

Has anyone else noticed their tools spontaneously vanishing lately? Because it's been happening quite a lot to me ><
In SMP, yes.  I also noticed that wood hoes do not wear out when cutting wheat, but they do when you prepare dirt.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9756 on: May 27, 2011, 01:03:13 pm »

Any specific tools?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9757 on: May 27, 2011, 01:05:09 pm »

Anyone else find that trapdoors are a bit of a disappointment? Could have at least let us place them, then remove the support block.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9758 on: May 27, 2011, 01:05:29 pm »

Merchant: That's a bug that occurs if you drop your tools and then use them.

Cheers, I shall avoid dropping tools for the time being then.
*Hugs*

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9759 on: May 27, 2011, 01:09:17 pm »

Anyone else find that trapdoors are a bit of a disappointment? Could have at least let us place them, then remove the support block.
Not even doors work that way. The only disappointment I have is that the doors are placed on the bottom of the side instead of the top. I can work with it, but it does limit a few things.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9760 on: May 27, 2011, 01:10:21 pm »

Not even doors work that way. The only disappointment I have is that the doors are placed on the bottom of the side instead of the top. I can work with it, but it does limit a few things.
Gotta agree with this, having the trapdoor not being flush with the floor looks really fugly.

Also, shift click crafting. Do like
*Hugs*

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9761 on: May 27, 2011, 10:14:06 pm »

I was putting in some sweet lava and glass floors because I couldn't find any coal (surface lava, seed is the stuff in quotes here: "nethackerdungeoncrawlerrogueadventurer"), and then I saw a creeper in front of my door and realized how horrible it would be if the creepers got in and blew up...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9762 on: May 28, 2011, 12:07:56 am »

...wow. Just looked up and installed buildcraft/industrialcraft after reading Duke's posts in confusion. I'm... gonna be busy for a while.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #9763 on: May 28, 2011, 03:40:12 am »

...wow. Just looked up and installed buildcraft/industrialcraft after reading Duke's posts in confusion. I'm... gonna be busy for a while.
Yeah buildcraft+industrial craft is awesome combo. It would be cool to add milenair (or how it's spelled) to the mix but there are no (AFAIK) blueprints for UBER industrial villages and probably sprite (and/or tile) limit would be reached.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9764 on: May 28, 2011, 05:43:46 am »

Yeah buildcraft+industrial craft is awesome combo. It would be cool to add milenair (or how it's spelled) to the mix but there are no (AFAIK) blueprints for UBER industrial villages and probably sprite (and/or tile) limit would be reached.

Millenaire was compatible with Industrialcraft on 1.4, so there's a good chance that that hasn't changed.  Apparently Buildcraft does some odd thing where it finds open IDs to use, so that might be fine too.  Unfortunately, the way I understand Milllenaire's blueprint system to work makes it physically impossible to have a blueprint with blocks from a different mod without going in and modding the capability in yourself.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 649 650 [651] 652 653 ... 1380