Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420370 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #9615 on: May 10, 2011, 12:48:03 pm »

I am going to ask the question that has been asked many times.

What is the current best mods to use and what do they do? I got on the forums last night and it looked like Industrial Craft was out of date.
"current best" is kind of subjective... based on "what they do"  So better questions would be "I want to add more creatures, what mod is best for this?"  "I want to have an add-on that makes all the blocks into jello squares, which mod does this best?"
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9616 on: May 10, 2011, 12:54:06 pm »

Fair point. I am not that interested in just adding more monsters, but I am interested in most everything else. More crafting, more blocks, that sort of stuff would be interesting.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #9617 on: May 10, 2011, 01:00:00 pm »

A mod that makes absolutely everything a physics block except for bedrock. If you dig ANYTHING... WHUMP.

Maybe leave metal or cobblestone blocks in pansy mode.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #9618 on: May 10, 2011, 01:04:28 pm »

A mod that makes absolutely everything a physics block except for bedrock. If you dig ANYTHING... WHUMP.

Maybe leave metal or cobblestone blocks in pansy mode.
The world would collapse on starting. You'd have to at least leave smooth stone and ore alone.

Not to say it SHOULDN'T be done, but caves are nice to have :P

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9619 on: May 10, 2011, 01:36:33 pm »

There's a mod out there called Pseudo Physics, I don't know the current status or version, but it basically allowed unsupported structures to collapse.  You could still build roofs and ceilings and similar, but you need to provide proper support to keep them from falling.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9620 on: May 10, 2011, 02:31:31 pm »

The physics weren't that great. I saw a video of it.

Proper physics would be close to X material can extend X amount of squares away from support and other real physics equations rounded into whole numbers.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9621 on: May 10, 2011, 03:15:22 pm »

Fair point. I am not that interested in just adding more monsters, but I am interested in most everything else. More crafting, more blocks, that sort of stuff would be interesting.

IndustrialCraft adds more blocks, more crafting, and even an entirely new 'fluid/power' system with electrical energy (not really a fluid in the sense of a liquid like water, but it obeys its own somewhat complex rules based on the blocks you use). I believe Plasmacraft adds more crafing and blocks (centered mostly around some new liquid-like substances like acid) and plays nicely with Industrialcraft.

That's about the extent of my knowledge of MC mods.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9622 on: May 10, 2011, 09:23:33 pm »

Bunch o' cool stuff here.
  • Cactus Crafting (for starting in the desert)
  • More trees
  • Dairy
  • Coral and a Diving Suit (separate mods, but for shame if you don't use them together :b)
  • Block that turns normal biomes into the nether
  • BEEEEEEEEEEEES
  • And other stuff.

PivAd

« Reply #9623 on: May 15, 2011, 08:48:06 pm »

If anyone is experiencing lags, you can use Optifog mod. Just search around google "minecraftforums optifog" and you will eventually find it.

:)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9624 on: May 16, 2011, 12:27:00 am »

All I have to say is, hooray IC is back.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9625 on: May 16, 2011, 07:02:54 am »

Hey, something's borked with my minecraft stuff. I was using TFC's modmanager and I used the delete mod function, and now when I try to log in it says login failed, and I can't play offline because it says not downloaded. Any ideas to what caused this?

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9626 on: May 16, 2011, 07:25:44 am »

Hey, something's borked with my minecraft stuff. I was using TFC's modmanager and I used the delete mod function, and now when I try to log in it says login failed, and I can't play offline because it says not downloaded. Any ideas to what caused this?
Maybe the modmanager accidentally removed one of the class files MC needs? Try redownloading.
I'm not sure about the log in thing, though.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9627 on: May 16, 2011, 09:22:53 am »

Now I finally have IC, what should I aim for first? Being a total noob to all this modding business.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9628 on: May 16, 2011, 09:25:01 am »

Get the juice extractor, then the macerator.

Maybe a metal furnace, too.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 09:26:57 am by Darvi »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9629 on: May 16, 2011, 09:33:55 am »

Now I finally have IC, what should I aim for first? Being a total noob to all this modding business.
Get the juice extractor, then the macerator.

Maybe a metal furnace, too.

Well, last I checked, you kinda need a generator to power those things, so a generator first. Then quickly the extractor and macerator after that, followed by a metal furnace. Once you have those up and running, production speeds up immensely and it's really up to you what you want to build after that.
Pages: 1 ... 640 641 [642] 643 644 ... 1380