Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420013 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #9540 on: May 05, 2011, 08:11:17 pm »

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=211244
Oh man this thing looks like minecraft heaven.

Uhh.... No pun intended.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9541 on: May 05, 2011, 08:41:02 pm »

I wish that such simple things like youtube didn't threaten to crash my computer. I did manage to watch the ep you linked before getting scared and x'ing out.

It didn't help that it was a 33 minute long video either.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9542 on: May 05, 2011, 09:02:54 pm »

The Nether is a network of desolate, fiery caverns filled with bloodstained Cobblestone and sticky Soulsand; it lies beneath the very soil of our Minecraft world.

Gonna have to stop them there.

The Nether is nowhere in relation to the minecraft world. It's a completely different plane of existence. It's not beneath the Void or anything, it just cannot be reached by physical means.

Cool other stuff, but as usual with mods like this it doesn't mesh well with the vanilla Minecraft elements. It's a different world to be played separately from vanilla. Industrialcraft worked for me because it embraced and enhanced the default world.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #9543 on: May 05, 2011, 11:21:33 pm »

Are you SURE your ML and MC versions match?
YES. They are both 1.4. :P
Not to be a broken record, but… please triple-check.

There's a difference between Minecraft 1.4 released on April Fools' Day, and Minecraft 1.4_01 released a few days later that removed the joke chest.

Mods for one (mostly) won't work on the other.  It's likely to blackscreen on startup.

Beyond that, I suggest backing up your current bin folder, forcing an update, then using the MCNostalgia tool to downgrade cleanly.  Verify it works, backup again, and install ModLoader.  And verify again.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9544 on: May 06, 2011, 01:44:50 pm »

When the hell is IC coming out for 1.5? I'm putting off on a new game for that damn mod.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9545 on: May 06, 2011, 02:00:42 pm »

Soon.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9546 on: May 06, 2011, 02:58:49 pm »

Are you SURE your ML and MC versions match?
YES. They are both 1.4. :P
Not to be a broken record, but… please triple-check.

There's a difference between Minecraft 1.4 released on April Fools' Day, and Minecraft 1.4_01 released a few days later that removed the joke chest.

Mods for one (mostly) won't work on the other.  It's likely to blackscreen on startup.

Beyond that, I suggest backing up your current bin folder, forcing an update, then using the MCNostalgia tool to downgrade cleanly.  Verify it works, backup again, and install ModLoader.  And verify again.

Maybe it's missing ModloaderMP, which is a separate hack.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9547 on: May 06, 2011, 03:41:04 pm »

Oh, hey. Mo creatures is back, baby.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9548 on: May 06, 2011, 04:44:42 pm »

Ok sorry I had to say this cause I just read it.

I saw minecraft described as: "Unceasing tedium: the videogame"

Only made me laugh because it was a rather accurate sum up. Mind you in the same way you could call Super Mario world "Sewage Worker: Crocodiles in your toilet" or something like that (ugh I am not very good at it)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 05:58:28 pm by Neonivek »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9549 on: May 06, 2011, 06:19:31 pm »

I'm digging the voice in this. It's just really smooth.
http://tindeck.com/listen/qvgo

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9550 on: May 06, 2011, 08:36:50 pm »

Minecraft hasn't really been that tedious for me, since I go out of my way to find adventure, and I found it in the most huge, monster infested cave system I've ever seen. Perhaps, once I've trekked through it and conquered it's entirety, I will get my hands on some obsidian and visit the Nether.

Also, I finally figured what I'm going to do with all this gold I found: make powered rails and build a roller coaster mine cart. It will be awesome.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9551 on: May 06, 2011, 10:53:51 pm »

I'm working on finding diamond so I can get to the Nether. I already have a lava source in my super cave, which, due to a torch place ment error, had creepers and shit every where, and I need a bow and some arrows before I go back.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9552 on: May 06, 2011, 11:00:18 pm »

I'm working on finding diamond so I can get to the Nether. I already have a lava source in my super cave, which, due to a torch place ment error, had creepers and shit every where, and I need a bow and some arrows before I go back.

You could just cast yourself your nether portal. No need for diamonds then, just bukkits.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9553 on: May 06, 2011, 11:45:24 pm »

If you're interested in information about ores, this post has everything you ever wanted to know about mining. (Actually, it probably has considerably more than you really wanted to know about mining, but hey, information overload is a good thing, right?)

Basically? Dig for diamonds between layers 10 and 16. The lower limit is where magma is present; the upper limit is where diamonds start getting rare.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #9554 on: May 06, 2011, 11:51:24 pm »

Yes, above layer 16 they have a rate of approximately 0 per cubic kilometer.
Pages: 1 ... 635 636 [637] 638 639 ... 1380