Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419493 times)

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring: Attack_Attack_Attack]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #9375 on: April 27, 2011, 02:58:23 pm »

did you delete the META-INF file?
Yes. I did.
Tell me your mother isn't a Great Old One, please.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9376 on: April 27, 2011, 03:05:44 pm »

then, I have no clue. I just installed it and it works fine.

do you have the latest minecraft version?

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9377 on: April 27, 2011, 03:06:24 pm »

1.5_01 yeah

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9378 on: April 27, 2011, 03:16:57 pm »

any other mod which could cause problems?

warhammer651

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9379 on: April 27, 2011, 03:17:38 pm »

entirely unmodded

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9380 on: April 27, 2011, 03:22:49 pm »

Perhaps we should introduce our friends to one another, and combine their castles into a fantastic huge superadventure?

Unless, of course, they are the same person. Or... *gasp* WE are the same person... o.o?!
Actually I meant the youtube thing. Had just discovered it a few minutes earlier via their lets play of Portal 2 co-op.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9381 on: April 27, 2011, 03:24:50 pm »

Cardiovasculatory activity: elevated.
Face: flushed.
Reflexes: accelerated.

You know how you watch Minecraft videos on Youtube, the guy gets ambushed by mobs and dies, and you find it hilarious? It was kind of like that, minus the death.

Meh, I'm not the best at explaining. This is explanation enough.

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #9382 on: April 27, 2011, 03:52:02 pm »

entirely unmodded

I'm not sure but it might need modloader.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9383 on: April 27, 2011, 04:40:25 pm »

it doesn't... I haven't installed the modloader for 1.5 yet, but I can run the mod .

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9384 on: April 27, 2011, 05:06:55 pm »

« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 05:10:52 pm by Jack_Bread »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9385 on: April 27, 2011, 05:57:36 pm »

How does it "Not work"? All you do is copy all the files and put it in the Minecraft.jar. Thats it, there's nothing else to do. No other mods needed.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #9386 on: April 27, 2011, 06:03:43 pm »

My initial thoughts and findings on Biospheres:

Very often you're leaning out over the void.  Tape that shift key down.  (Q: is there a run/sneak toggle mod, perhaps using Capslock?

Since you can't build down, and resources are often near the bottom of spheres, it's rather important to dig down at the center of a sphere, then extend a floor out from the lowest block you can find.

(Has anyone ever tried building downward by placing a water source pouring into space, allowing the stream to carry you down, placing blocks as you go, then swimming back up?  Scary idea.)

It's crowded.  Since (at a guess) 7/8 of the horizontal map squares don't have a single valid spawn point at any height at all, the spheres fill up very quickly with all types of mobs.  I killed off some squid in a pool, and within 10 seconds more had popped in.  It's much the same for hostiles.  If you leave even a single block uncovered by torchlight, a monster will spawn there during the night.

It's probably a good idea to wall off all bridges in every sphere you visit, just to prevent movement of mobs along them.  Even the peaceful ones can headbutt you off the bridges if the siderail placement is bad.

Spheres where ghasts spawn should be treated with caution.  Do not let that glass break, else you'll have ghasts floating everywhere.  (Hmm.  climb up the outside, break holes in a 5x5 pattern, drop gravel down, preventing spawning?  Probably not enough gravel in the map.)

Weather is funky.  I saw that the mod has special code to deal with weather, but I haven't seen any examples yet.  All I've seen is rain & snow outside, on the bridges, with no weather effects inside.  I hope there is per-sphere weather.

Trees are rare.  But wood is common.  It's just dangerous to obtain.

It's not compatible with MoreFlowers.  It doesn't crash, the new flowers just aren't placed.

It's not compatible with IndustrialCraft.  Almost, though.  Everything works, just the three new ores aren't placed when chunks are created.

What I did, that looks like it works, is use NBToolkit to change all iron ore to tin ore, then gen iron ore again, then change iron ore to copper ore, then gen iron ore yet again.

I didn't try to get uranium to place, and if I did I'd probably randomly change some of the diamonds to uranium instead, making it even more important to build out to the small obsidian spheres.

And if I decide to play a serious Biospheres/IndustrialCraft map, I'll start with some naked speedruns to expand the map size before I mess with ore placement.  Heh, maybe I'll grab a 'naked' skin when I do my streaking.

I'll also install that torches-anywhere mod and light up the domes of my claimed spheres.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9387 on: April 27, 2011, 06:14:52 pm »

Wait..... NO DIAMONDS?!?!?!

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #9388 on: April 27, 2011, 06:26:59 pm »

Biosphere has diamonds.  They're just, y'know, inside an obsidian sphere.  Rather a chicken-and-egg situation.

Or do you mean my proposed diamonds-to-uranium?  I was thinking of only changing 25% or so, not all.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9389 on: April 27, 2011, 06:33:01 pm »

Biosphere has diamonds.  They're just, y'know, inside an obsidian sphere.  Rather a chicken-and-egg situation.

Or do you mean my proposed diamonds-to-uranium?  I was thinking of only changing 25% or so, not all.
Obsidian spheres? I haven't seen any of those. I see lots of exposed diamonds in the small moonlet-things. It a real tease. :(
Pages: 1 ... 624 625 [626] 627 628 ... 1380