Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419097 times)

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #9255 on: April 21, 2011, 07:48:35 am »

I love caverns in this game. I just stumbled across a big one whilst mining, found about 4 veins of iron, several veins of coal and a couple veins of gold. Better yet, I've found magma and a waterfall right next to each other, just waiting to make a big block of obsidian. The only trouble is that I can hear lots and lots of zombies on the dark side of the magma/waterfall.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9256 on: April 21, 2011, 10:37:38 am »

I see Rivatuner is Nvidia only, is MSI Afterburner what you'd recommend for a Radeon?
I thought the Catalyst drivers let you do this...  I'm not at home right now, but I swear I saw the fan speed control settings in the control panel for it.  (I have a 5870)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

poca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9257 on: April 21, 2011, 12:44:49 pm »

Wolves don't attack creepers, and I still melee creepers nicely without them exploding and don't hear them making any weird sounds.

Thanks for the reply. Maybe it is because I keep fighting them in the water. I'll go find some terrain I don't mind losing and see if they're the same.

poca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9258 on: April 21, 2011, 12:54:39 pm »

Is there any way to go back an update after you update?

Mojang doesn't make previous versions available.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #9259 on: April 21, 2011, 01:35:13 pm »

Is there any way to go back an update after you update?

Distributing the minecraft.jar file is both illegal and against the Minecraft license terms.

What you can do is use a binary diff utility like bsdiff, xdelta3, or jojodiff.  They can start with a known file, apply a set of patches, and end up with a different file.

The minecraftforum.net mods appear to frown on this, but it's both legal and license-compliant as far as I can tell.  Doing it only distributes small pieces of the copyrighted files, which are unusable by themselves.

Watch http://zerror.com/mods/minecraft/downgrade/ for a 1.5-to-1.4.01 patch, or do some Google searching on terms like +minecraft downgrade binary diff difference patch.

Or maybe http://wubcraft.dk/index.php?topic=528.0

Or http://www.nextgenupdate.com/forums/minecraft-discussion/375864-how-downgrade-your-minecraft-any-version.html

Edit:
I see Rivatuner is Nvidia only, is MSI Afterburner what you'd recommend for a Radeon?
I thought the Catalyst drivers let you do this...  I'm not at home right now, but I swear I saw the fan speed control settings in the control panel for it.

I detest the CCP.  Utterly hate it.  Intrusive piece of ****.  I guess I'll install it though.  Temporarily.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 01:38:55 pm by 0x517A5D »

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9260 on: April 21, 2011, 02:01:31 pm »

I'm not really sure it's as complex as all that. I'm sure someone somewhere has a legit archive of previous versions, without having to rebuild binaries down from an updated version. Surely you can have multiple executables lying around and the only thing you'd have to manually change is where minecraft saves the data (so that you're not using a 1.5 jar in 1.4), which doesn't need to be in the same place as the executable.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9261 on: April 21, 2011, 02:07:54 pm »

I'm not really sure it's as complex as all that. I'm sure someone somewhere has a legit archive of previous versions, without having to rebuild binaries down from an updated version. Surely you can have multiple executables lying around and the only thing you'd have to manually change is where minecraft saves the data (so that you're not using a 1.5 jar in 1.4), which doesn't need to be in the same place as the executable.

The problem isn't finding someone who has old versions; the problem is legally distributing them. Namely, distributing them isn't legal.  :P

If you have maintained a archive of previous versions, you may use it as you please. You may not, however, legally hand previous versions out - that's pretty much the definition of piracy, and legally is no different from handing out the current version.

Diff patches are a middle ground - they're useless if you don't already have a legit copy of Minecraft, and they shouldn't contain enough copywritten code to be considered restricted.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9262 on: April 21, 2011, 04:56:35 pm »

It started raining in my world and I was just staring outside at it. I heard thunder and I started looking around trying to see it. It was so cozy. :) The only problem is that I lost that feeling when the clouds started glitching up causing weird lines in my vision.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9263 on: April 21, 2011, 06:09:32 pm »

clouds started glitching up causing weird lines in my vision.
Can you make a screenshot next time? I haven't seen that before.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9264 on: April 21, 2011, 06:33:11 pm »

Blerg, I'm running out of motivation to continue with IndustrialCraft in singleplayer. Anybody know any good servers with it? Seems like a good way to see good wiring designs.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9265 on: April 21, 2011, 06:35:45 pm »

I thought the Catalyst drivers let you do this...  I'm not at home right now, but I swear I saw the fan speed control settings in the control panel for it.
I detest the CCP.  Utterly hate it.  Intrusive piece of ****.  I guess I'll install it though.  Temporarily.
Running Windows I assume?  Windows 7?  And you complain about CCC?  I still can't get that stupid ass piece of shit (Windows) to leave it's hands off my z:\Rift folder so I don't have to keep taking ownership of it to patch the game.  I also explicitly remember disabling auto-updates so I can pick the ones I want to install and last time I rebooted it installed something.

I can't wait for game devs to quit writing software for that horrible system because that's the only reason I still have Windows.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9266 on: April 21, 2011, 07:04:50 pm »

Blerg, I'm running out of motivation to continue with IndustrialCraft in singleplayer. Anybody know any good servers with it? Seems like a good way to see good wiring designs.
I tried it in multiplayer just running off of my own computer, it... didn't work so well.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9267 on: April 21, 2011, 08:21:20 pm »

Running Windows I assume?  Windows 7?  And you complain about CCC?  I still can't get that stupid ass piece of shit (Windows) to leave it's hands off my z:\Rift folder so I don't have to keep taking ownership of it to patch the game.  I also explicitly remember disabling auto-updates so I can pick the ones I want to install and last time I rebooted it installed something.

I can't wait for game devs to quit writing software for that horrible system because that's the only reason I still have Windows.
The fuck'd you rather they write it for?
Mac?  HAHA.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9268 on: April 21, 2011, 09:21:36 pm »

Goddammit, I still can't play Minecraft.  I installed those an auto-fan system, to manually force my GPU fan to spoil up, since for some reason it stopped responding to Minecraft.  This accomplished nothing.  So fuck it I said, and deleted everything.  The Minecraft launcher and the entire root folder except for the saves, and downloaded a fresh exe.  This time, the GPU fan actually picked up like it's supposed to and had every time I played until about a week ago, but the program still crashed after less than a minute, the fastest crash yet.

What the Hell is going wrong here?  Minecraft has been crashing with the past three releases, but didn't used to, it's going faster, and I've even totally clear the program.  What else can I do?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9269 on: April 21, 2011, 09:23:32 pm »

You seriously think Macs are better then Windows OS?

Wow...

Aqi, I had the same problem. Black screens after random amounts of time, changing fog didn't help, etc.  What graphic card are you using? I actually had to get a entire new computer for mine to work.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 09:28:50 pm by Rex_Nex »
Pages: 1 ... 616 617 [618] 619 620 ... 1380