Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2418651 times)

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #9150 on: April 17, 2011, 06:18:43 pm »

...bat-pack...
They are a bit weird. They only recharge after you completely deplete them.
Still, should I make another one and not try to charge it 'till it depletes to prevent what I assume is a bug? I really don't mind sinking tin into these things but my miners have yet to hit redstone and it's a pain to collect all the logs needed for cables.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9151 on: April 17, 2011, 06:29:11 pm »

Your right click after attempting to charge it probably turned the bat pack off, which is why it wasn't used when you were running with the mining drill. I don't think there's enough info in your post to call it a bug, but I agree that the batpack could use an indicator as to whether it is on or not. Who knows if that is possible, though. Batteries change but that's because uncharged and charged batteries are functionally different items, and they have to go through an object process to make that change anyway (e.g. placed in an MFE, or using them in a mobile recharger), rather than simply a 'right click while held.'

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9152 on: April 17, 2011, 06:36:54 pm »

I did the whole right-click dance several dozen times and I still have uncharged tools. And yes I made sure there was still a charge in them when I used them with the pack on.

I hear the modder was working on removing the need to right-click the pack, so I'll try patching the thing and see what happens.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9153 on: April 17, 2011, 06:37:44 pm »

...bat-pack...
Still, should I make another one and not try to charge it 'till it depletes to prevent what I assume is a bug? I really don't mind sinking tin into these things but my miners have yet to hit redstone and it's a pain to collect all the logs needed for cables.
Wait. Bat-packs? Can you use the x6 pack of batteries as a super battery now?

As far as rubber goes, you need to get a extractor ASAP. This let's you convert 1 log to 1 rubber, rather than 5 to 1.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9154 on: April 17, 2011, 06:39:08 pm »

1:1 ratio of logs to rubber is still a pain in the neck. I might start using this gold for extra cables.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9155 on: April 17, 2011, 06:42:31 pm »

...bat-pack...
Wait. Bat-packs? Can you use the x6 pack of batteries as a super battery now?

As far as rubber goes, you need to get a extractor ASAP. This let's you convert 1 log to 1 rubber, rather than 5 to 1.
No, the 6x battery storage unit is just that, storage. The battpack is something you use to keep things like the drill charged.

poca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9156 on: April 17, 2011, 06:42:36 pm »

...bat-pack...
I've dropped my bat-pack prematurely into an MFE and still worked after that. It will charge fine after you deplete it but only then. Run it out and you'll see! :)

Your right click after attempting to charge it probably turned the bat pack off, which is why it wasn't used when you were running with the mining drill.

I don't think this happens. I was right clicking every time I take my drill out of my hotbar and then I read somewhere that it just needs a single right click per game session (or after loading game) to activate some logic.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9157 on: April 17, 2011, 09:40:01 pm »

Anyone think the new version of minecraft is going to affect anything on old worlds?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #9158 on: April 17, 2011, 09:45:50 pm »

Anyone think the new version of minecraft is going to affect anything on old worlds?
As always, the only missing features will be things that are generated as part of the world.
Of which there is nothing new, as far as I know.

Storms seem to be randomized, most likely UNIX-timestamp-seeded.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9159 on: April 17, 2011, 11:56:31 pm »

Could be based off of biome too, perhaps. We know they are divided up by rainfall amounts, with deserts not seeing any rain.
Hope that changes though. Deserts should at least get very rare rain.

Or sandstorms. Sandstorms would be neat.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9160 on: April 18, 2011, 12:02:44 am »

Some deserts get quite a lot of rain.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9161 on: April 18, 2011, 12:20:39 am »

Yeah, I know. I live in what's considered the wettest. By strictly rainfall, we shouldn't really be a desert but we are. Annual rainfall average is 12 inches.

Though, most of that comes during monsoon season. Perhaps minecraft deserts should get violent but rare thunderstorms.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 12:23:31 am by Lightning4 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #9162 on: April 18, 2011, 12:41:19 am »

Now that I've discovered the terraformer in the industrial craft mod, I want to take a terraformer, a lot of dirt, some extraction pipe, a bunch of buckets, some cable, and a geothermal generator into the nether.

Make a wide flat area of dirt, plop down the terraformer, run a wire to it underground and connect to a geothermal generator, probably through an MDU to buffer the power, then use miner/extraction pipe to efficiently extract magma into buckets for power. I wonder if it would force grass and trees to grow, as well as flowers.

My testing in the real world resulted in a flower filled oasis in the middle of a desert.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #9163 on: April 18, 2011, 12:30:19 pm »

Urg... Learning how to industrial craft...
I can't really find anything that is important..
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #9164 on: April 18, 2011, 12:59:10 pm »

Urg... Learning how to industrial craft...
I can't really find anything that is important..
2nd tier my bro.
It takes time and a very good cave.
Pages: 1 ... 609 610 [611] 612 613 ... 1380