Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2418535 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #9090 on: April 15, 2011, 12:28:47 pm »

Edit: Notch posted This Image in his twitter. Can anybody make out what the notes read? One of them mentions something on Grief, so here's hope for grief protection. He also verified a fix for the side textures of grass.
All I get is:
Code: [Select]
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Request has expired</Message>

No picture.  Did we stop using image hosting services?  Imgur, img.ie?

Try this then? http://twitpic.com/4l1odm

Edit: Another mod - slightly more realistic physics for constructions. Probably really annoying to work with in practice but neat! http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=247598&sid=696a622a3d4842a83acb093dbf449ec4
Sigh... twitpic == blocked at work because it has 'twit' in it and we can't have twitter access.  That would be terrible.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #9091 on: April 15, 2011, 12:59:06 pm »

Creepers are basically mob griefers anyway.

Creeper mafia, huh?

Don Creeponi: Listen up, knuckleheads. We've got a problem. Some Player thinks he can muscle in on our turf. Can't allow that, now can we?

Creepers: No, sir!

Don Creeponi: So. Tony, I want you to go bang around his house. If he shows his face, blast him. And see if you can get somme that Spider gang to help you out. Get the jump on him.

Creeper Tony: I'm on it!

Don Creeponi: Guido, go hide out in the forest. If he tries to go through there, well, you make him pay the toll.

Creeper Guido: Hehe. Pay the toll. Got it, boss.

Don Creeponi: And Mario, I want you up on the cliff face. Let him see you. Put some fear in his heart, yeah? And if he comes after you, you drop right down on that bastard and give him what for! Now, hop to it!

Creeper Mario: Hopping away, sir!

Don Creeponi: Excellent. No damn Player is gonna build on my turf if I have anything to say about it!
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 01:28:27 pm by Mephansteras »
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9092 on: April 15, 2011, 01:01:36 pm »

... I'm off to the discussion thread.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9093 on: April 15, 2011, 01:05:43 pm »

And of course their plan is foiled by the Skeleton Outlaws, ruthless backstabbing SOB's that will shoot down other mobs if they get in their way. Terrible shots though.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9094 on: April 15, 2011, 04:37:30 pm »

No more putting 1 ladder every 2nd space. :(
Good, I hated the whole lolskip space ladders. Pissed me off so much.
But how will we deal with things where we want to jump, like a hanging ladder.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

poca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9095 on: April 15, 2011, 04:50:52 pm »

Creeper Guido: C'mon kid. We're going to make this Player pay the toll.

The Kid:: Why?

Creeper Guido: The Don asked us to do this thing. Once We've done it we will be made!

The Kid:: But you'll be dead. What good is being made if you're dead?

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #9096 on: April 15, 2011, 05:57:03 pm »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9097 on: April 15, 2011, 06:19:58 pm »

Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9098 on: April 15, 2011, 08:27:11 pm »

Ladders now give you two when you craft. Also, he's now fixed the grass texture on the side of the blocks, and added snow particles as you walk through snow.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9099 on: April 15, 2011, 10:09:59 pm »

Ladders now give you two when you craft. Also, he's now fixed the grass texture on the side of the blocks, and added snow particles as you walk through snow.

He'll make up for ladders when you get eight or sixteen of them, instead of one or two, like for tracks.  And I wonder what he means by "fixed" with side-textures.  What was wrong with them?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9100 on: April 15, 2011, 10:15:57 pm »

He'll make up for ladders when you get eight or sixteen of them, instead of one or two, like for tracks.  And I wonder what he means by "fixed" with side-textures.  What was wrong with them?

Grass on the side of blocks previously did not update with respect to biomes. So if you had modded grass biome colours you would get some really stark effects between the top and sides of the same block of grass with dirt on it.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9101 on: April 15, 2011, 10:28:37 pm »

I'm loving this digger in the Industrial mod.

Now if only this ore density finder would get me numbers higher than 20 anywhere other than everywhere. I got a sixty over caves I had already cleared out, how does the rest of the world lack anything at all?

Also more Tin than I know what to do with.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:30:29 pm by Duke 2.0 »
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9102 on: April 16, 2011, 12:09:01 am »

I'm going to have to second not really understanding how the alternate ladder system isn't going to work. Will you not be able to climb ladders you can't reach with your feet? Will ladders block attempted progress from below unless there's another ladder there? Will the maximum height you can climb on a ladder be a teensy tiny bit too short to reach the next one?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9103 on: April 16, 2011, 12:57:42 am »

He'll make up for ladders when you get eight or sixteen of them, instead of one or two, like for tracks.

Ladders don't take iron.  And remember that one log can produce one ladder recipe, plus a stick left over, if I do my math right.  Ten seconds at a tree = 40 or 80 pieces of ladder?  :|
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9104 on: April 16, 2011, 12:58:49 am »

He'll make up for ladders when you get eight or sixteen of them, instead of one or two, like for tracks.

Ladders don't take iron.  And remember that one log can produce one ladder recipe, plus a stick left over, if I do my math right.  Ten seconds at a tree = 40 or 80 pieces of ladder?  :|
Your math screwed up a little down there.

It doesn't take me ten seconds to harvest 40 or 80 logs. What is your secret to extreme lumberjacking?
Pages: 1 ... 605 606 [607] 608 609 ... 1380