Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419382 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8820 on: April 08, 2011, 01:15:37 pm »

That would require me to find those metals in the first place. I can't even find any coal, let alone any iron.

Go west dig down, young man, go West dig down.”
                — (mis)attributed to Horace Greeley.

Gotta move this thing to the Dwarf Fortress Slogans page.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8821 on: April 08, 2011, 01:19:47 pm »

Who here uses both the planes mod and the Milleinaire mod?

I've heard of planes, anyway I could get a link to the other? (Or perhaps, both, since not everyone might have heard of planes)

A google search just brings me to a bunch of news sites talking about how notch is a millionaire, and actually forcing it to search for "Milleinaire" gives me absolutely nothing.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=247048 < Millenare (sorry seems I was spelling it wrong.  Mod maker is french I think.  Don't worry though, all important bits are english.  Theres just a bit of french thrown in for flavor.)

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1032&t=198188 < And just in case here's the planes mod too.
Planes is disappointingly incompatible with IndustrialCraft by way of the one block that it uses (why oh why did he have to choose ID 230, right in the middle of the list of IDs that IC uses, with no config to change it? :\)
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8822 on: April 08, 2011, 01:21:01 pm »

Even simpler:

"Strike the Earth!" - Urist McMiner

Planes is disappointingly incompatible with IndustrialCraft by way of the one block that it uses (why oh why did he have to choose ID 230, right in the middle of the list of IDs that IC uses, with no config to change it? :\)

...Jay, you can change the block IDs that IC uses.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8823 on: April 08, 2011, 01:24:28 pm »

Not when that block is the solar generator, and doing so will force me to replace over 200 blocks (along with losing all of those resources), I can't.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #8824 on: April 08, 2011, 01:26:13 pm »

Ohhhh...right.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8825 on: April 08, 2011, 01:31:21 pm »

I made the ID change after I got tired of one world so it didn't bother me too much. (I'm wearing IC bronze armor in that screenshot with the runway) But it does suck if you have dozens of solar generators already built.

You could always get too many items when you change the ID though and just use TMI to replace all your generators when they turn into plane workbenches, then use the trash feature to remove extras and the benches.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

poca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8826 on: April 08, 2011, 02:26:40 pm »

That would require me to find those metals in the first place. I can't even find any coal, let alone any iron.

Use planks to make a boat (and a backup). Look for cave systems from the water. If you get discouraged just delete that world and make another.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8827 on: April 08, 2011, 04:47:51 pm »

Use planks to make a boat (and a backup). Look for cave systems from the water. If you get discouraged just delete that world and make another.
Just mine a bunch of wood in the daylight.  Make a workbench.  Dig a hole in the ground (or the side of a cliff if you made a wooden pick in the bench) and make some charcoal out of the wood if you can't find coal.  Make some torches and start digging.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #8828 on: April 08, 2011, 06:17:35 pm »

Not when that block is the solar generator, and doing so will force me to replace over 200 blocks (along with losing all of those resources), I can't.

There's a tool called NBtoolkit that can edit a map, changing all blocks of one ID to a different ID.  Assuming 230 is the offending block ID and 160 is an unused one, you'd do something like

Code: [Select]
nbtoolkit.exe replace -b 230 -a 160 -w "%APPDATA\.minecraft\saves\World 1"

Limitations: I believe it only alters placed blocks, not inventory or chest-stored blocks.  And you would need to edit the IC config file at the same time.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8829 on: April 08, 2011, 10:00:22 pm »

Did you know that Notch is a fucking wizard? Try the seed "BILLY MAYS HERE" and see for yourself. Alternatively, try "it's a shammy, it's a towel".
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8830 on: April 08, 2011, 10:30:41 pm »

Did you know that Notch is a fucking wizard? Try the seed "BILLY MAYS HERE" and see for yourself. Alternatively, try "it's a shammy, it's a towel".
Rest in peace.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8831 on: April 08, 2011, 10:55:31 pm »

I tried them and they looked very normal, whats so special about them?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8832 on: April 08, 2011, 11:29:21 pm »

There's a tool called NBtoolkit that can edit a map, changing all blocks of one ID to a different ID.  Assuming 230 is the offending block ID and 160 is an unused one, you'd do something like

Code: [Select]
nbtoolkit.exe replace -b 230 -a 160 -w "%APPDATA\.minecraft\saves\World 1"

Limitations: I believe it only alters placed blocks, not inventory or chest-stored blocks.  And you would need to edit the IC config file at the same time.
Oh, that works.  I just bit the bullet and installed both Planes and Millenaire.  Go figure.  At least they weren't otherwise incompatible with my current install...

I really really hope Notch moves away from the sprite index system that we have in place now...
256 sprites (the 16x16 grid terrain.png) is obnoxiously low for any number of mods.  Hell, even just IndustrialCraft on its own is going to be getting fairly close to hitting that cap shortly...

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #8833 on: April 09, 2011, 02:48:10 am »

I really really hope Notch moves away from the sprite index system that we have in place now...
256 sprites (the 16x16 grid terrain.png) is obnoxiously low for any number of mods.  Hell, even just IndustrialCraft on its own is going to be getting fairly close to hitting that cap shortly...

I've seen several unsubstantiated reports that there is a sprite limit breaker in the works, by a modder named Shockah.  The IC modder has said so, and I saw it mentioned in a different mod thread but can't remember which.  (Maybe Kaevator's SuperSlopes?)

And I just found this thread.  So there's hope.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8834 on: April 09, 2011, 04:45:14 am »

Pages: 1 ... 587 588 [589] 590 591 ... 1380