Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419736 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8745 on: April 07, 2011, 01:36:35 pm »

I just got a nice Idea~
Testing it out.
Interested. Tell us more.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8746 on: April 07, 2011, 02:24:59 pm »

I just got a nice Idea~
Testing it out.
Interested. Tell us more.
Using redstone to light up a pool floor.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8747 on: April 07, 2011, 02:37:24 pm »

Redstone is washed away by water.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #8748 on: April 07, 2011, 02:39:10 pm »

...Great. Well, thanks...

Floating island set-up goooo
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8749 on: April 07, 2011, 02:42:20 pm »

You could use a glass-bottomed pool with redstone beneath it.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8750 on: April 07, 2011, 02:43:33 pm »

NINJA'D: Just do a glass floor under the pool, with redstone torches underneath connected to repeaters. It would be Discotastic.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8751 on: April 07, 2011, 02:44:21 pm »

Or lava channels held back by pistons?

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8752 on: April 07, 2011, 02:50:31 pm »

Or lava channels held back by pistons?

Lava channels could look awesome, though I'm not certain how pistons would help...?

(Actually, personal preference: I really don't like the look of lava when seen through water. It just looks... odd. But hey, it'd provide a nice glow, and there's the inherent awesomeness factor of using magma.  :D)

NINJA'D: Just do a glass floor under the pool, with redstone torches underneath connected to repeaters. It would be Discotastic.

Hell yes.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8753 on: April 07, 2011, 03:06:13 pm »

Nothing really special, but I'm kinda proud of my newest home.

Behold! The world's most asymmetrical cobblestone tower!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
  It even has a runway!  Rebuilt to not spawn creepers like my last one did!   Ever land your plane on a creeper?  It's ‼FUN‼.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8754 on: April 07, 2011, 03:10:29 pm »

... I should really put some points in creativity one day.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8755 on: April 07, 2011, 03:24:49 pm »

or luminators, if you are playing industrialcraft.

Don't worry about that, darvi... creativity will come when you least expect it.

edit: the luminator comment is for the pool.

edit: I find the lack of simmetry of that tower disturbing. But it is still larger than anything I have ever built.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2011, 03:26:31 pm by andrea »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8756 on: April 07, 2011, 03:36:39 pm »

Man, my constructions just keep getting smaller.  I started off building big fuckoff blocks of concrete in the shape of castles.  The last one was pretty rockin' except I had no idea what to do with it, and it's still trapped on my old computer.  Now, I've just got a glass-windowed lighthouse.  It's tall, maybe, but I'm not impressed with it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8757 on: April 07, 2011, 03:55:08 pm »

I want Notch to add in water and magma flows that are something, anything MORE LIKE REALITY. Like draining a lake, etc. I dont need no stinking snow, WTF is that gonna do?

I know he wont do this because he failed early on and gave up and gave us his "solution". It seems to me that this is the type of thing that cant be modded either. OH well, I bet someone else will make a better game that has this someday...
This douchy bullshit again?

Minecraft is ultimately about building junk. Notch could add a water system with better flows and stuff, but it's very difficult to make good-looking flows easily and deal with people exploiting it. The current system works well for people who want to use liquids and flows in constructions. A 'better' flow system may fit the world generated lakes and oceans better, but it would be a pain in the ass to manipulate in constructions. Waterfalls would be impossible and such.

And I'm not gonna allow this passive-aggressive whining about how somebody else is gonna surpass him because he makes terrible decisions that are not specifically what you want now instead of any other conceivable feature ever. Go ahead and say you wanted something else added so we can ignore that idiotic response.
Such anger...
HIS RAGE WILL BLOT OUT THE SUN

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8758 on: April 07, 2011, 04:08:08 pm »

I want Notch to add in water and magma flows that are something, anything MORE LIKE REALITY. Like draining a lake, etc. I dont need no stinking snow, WTF is that gonna do?

I know he wont do this because he failed early on and gave up and gave us his "solution". It seems to me that this is the type of thing that cant be modded either. OH well, I bet someone else will make a better game that has this someday...

Minecraft is ultimately about building junk. Notch could add a water system with better flows and stuff, but it's very difficult to make good-looking flows easily and deal with people exploiting it. The current system works well for people who want to use liquids and flows in constructions. A 'better' flow system may fit the world generated lakes and oceans better, but it would be a pain in the ass to manipulate in constructions. Waterfalls would be impossible and such.

And I'm not gonna allow this passive-aggressive whining about how somebody else is gonna surpass him because he makes terrible decisions that are not specifically what you want now instead of any other conceivable feature ever. Go ahead and say you wanted something else added so we can ignore that idiotic response.
Such anger...
WE ARE ANGRY THAT YOU DISLIKE THE WAY THIS GAME WORKS, DO NOT INSULT THE HOLY NOTCH FOR WE WORSHIP HIM AND GIVE HIM MONEY

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #8759 on: April 07, 2011, 04:13:00 pm »

Such anger...
THEN WE SHALL WHINE IN THE SHADE
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.
Pages: 1 ... 582 583 [584] 585 586 ... 1380