Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420356 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8505 on: March 31, 2011, 05:58:20 pm »

I think MCNostalgia might be able to revert it.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8506 on: March 31, 2011, 06:00:24 pm »

I could upload an older version.

I'm not sure if that's completely legal. Notch doesn't like people redistributing his .jar. Also, ThreeToe might ban you. Fair warning. :P

Yay! Wolfies!

Yeah, redistribution of the game files is bad. Sure, it's 'for a good cause', but anybody could download and play it.

good(ish) guide to the update. http://gamerant.com/minecraft-1-4-update-guide-johnj-76552/

Now this is interesting. Most notably, in the "Stuff Notch didn't bother mentioning in the update notes" category, holding 'Shift' makes you adhere to ladders, so you won't fall off them. Also, he points out that a wolf's tail is it's health meter; if that tail drops low, it's time to hand your pup a few pork chops.

EDIT: Oh, now that's a laugh. IndustrialCraft is proudly sporting a shiny new [1.4] version tag. What this means, of course, is that he believes in the [Day.Month] date format.  ::)

EDIT EDIT:
I think MCNostalgia might be able to revert it.
Huh... that would work, except the author hasn't bothered updating it for the newest version. Hence, there's no diff patch between 1.4 and 1.3_01 (or 1.4 and any other version), and so it won't work. If Cyborg gets his act together finds the time to update his mod, it'd be invaluable, especially since, according to the IndustrialCraft thread, Minecraft 1.4 features 'increased obfustication' that'll make modding much, much harder in the new version.  :'(

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2011, 06:42:32 pm by Thexor »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8507 on: March 31, 2011, 06:40:50 pm »

Most notably, in the "Stuff Notch didn't bother mentioning in the update notes" category, holding 'Shift' makes you adhere to ladders, so you won't fall off them.
Now this is interesting.  That guy is incredibly ignorant.
Quote from: The update notes
* Holding shift while climbing will hang on to the ladder
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8508 on: March 31, 2011, 07:46:40 pm »

Also, be sure to buy some stuff from the Mojang E-Store!
I am suitably amused, but I do wonder why Notch hasn't started making Creeper plushies yet. :P
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8509 on: March 31, 2011, 08:21:49 pm »

I am suitably amused, but I do wonder why Notch hasn't started making Creeper plushies yet. :P
This makes me think of this scene from The Rock.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8510 on: March 31, 2011, 08:29:03 pm »

Also, be sure to buy some stuff from the Mojang E-Store!

Because it's not legal for him to fill plush toys with sacks of gunpowder.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #8511 on: March 31, 2011, 08:37:59 pm »

Would'ja look at that!  That "Welcome to the Minecraft Store" isn't a graphic, it's text.  And in a very familiar font, but one that I don't have on my system.

(rummage, search, parse...)

Oh hay, free TF2 font.

Q: does anyone know if this font is actually freeware?  Like maybe Valve released it?  It's small enough, only capital letters + european language variants + cryllic(?) + numbers + a few symbols.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #8512 on: March 31, 2011, 09:30:42 pm »

Well, clicking on the expensive coming soon a few times...

"WARNING: Press Cancel if you are prone to seizures."

Of course, the iPod framerates are scaled back quite a bit, so I watched seizurebackground.gif in slow motion.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8514 on: April 01, 2011, 12:11:07 am »

I have combined the millenaire mod in to my combination of floodgates industrialcraft and mo creatures.

Big framerate hit unfortunately.  but it's still more than playable.  It's just not "buttery smooth" anymore.  It is interesting.  Especially since I set my mine up right on the border of one (and my mine has apperantly been enveloped with the city territory, since the woodcutters are putting saplings above my cave and I'm occasionally finding a woodcutter bouncing around in my house.

It's pretty amusing watching the town get decimated by bears and foxes and lions.  Dude could really put some defenders in their villages.  I have taken it on myself to be the village's personal defender.  While making some smoothstone and glass for them on my downtime.  I've been sleeping through the night though, because there isn't a single thing I could do to stop an ogre from rampaging through and flattening the whole place at night.

yet still...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is just begging for me to plant a nuke in the town hall.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8515 on: April 01, 2011, 12:13:41 am »

Could I get a link to that mod, good sir? With the town-making AI :D

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8516 on: April 01, 2011, 12:17:05 am »

We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8517 on: April 01, 2011, 12:26:26 am »

Huh... that would work, except the author hasn't bothered updating it for the newest version. Hence, there's no diff patch between 1.4 and 1.3_01 (or 1.4 and any other version), and so it won't work. If Cyborg gets his act together finds the time to update his mod, it'd be invaluable, especially since, according to the IndustrialCraft thread, Minecraft 1.4 features 'increased obfustication' that'll make modding much, much harder in the new version. 

Notch is epic troll.o

Hmm i refuse to  code the motherfucking Modding API instead waste my time on dogs,cookies,fake store, Achievements,stats but then i make it harder to mod it.

Nice one,notch.

Note:
Obfuscated code is source or machine code that has been made difficult to understand for humans.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8518 on: April 01, 2011, 12:33:26 am »

Well then, I may be staying with 1.3 longer than I predicted, since new files will have to be obfuscated too, correct?
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8519 on: April 01, 2011, 01:42:18 am »

Mmm, it depends. According to the IndustrialCraft guy:
Obviously, this mod is not yet MC 1.4 compatible.
As well, bugging me / spamming in this thread will not change anything.
Before i can update this mod, i need to wait for
-MoreIDs
-ModLoader
-MCP Package
to be updated. Without all three this mod CANNOT be updated.

Searching Google (MC forum's search is down), I found zilch for MoreIDs. ModLoader (still ridiculously well-hidden in a footnote for some random mod) doesn't appear to have been updated, given that its parent thread hasn't been updated since November. And MCP proudly states that it supports V1.3_01, while the forum thread contains this joyful little tidbit:
Try like, a week or more. De-obfuscating 556+ class files isn't exactly a picnic.

So, uh, yeah. You might have to stick with 1.3_01 a little longer than predicted.  ;)
Pages: 1 ... 566 567 [568] 569 570 ... 1380