Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420237 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8415 on: March 29, 2011, 12:57:07 pm »

bleh do download industrialcraft mod I have to download 2 other mods and do a bunch of technical stuff, too troublesome.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8416 on: March 29, 2011, 01:19:17 pm »

bleh do download industrialcraft mod I have to download 2 other mods and do a bunch of technical stuff, too troublesome.
Fool! We are PC Gamers! It is our true path in life to do overly complicated things in order to play games! Rejoice in your downloading of multiple mods for compatibility requirements! Rejoice in your setting up of emulators! Rejoice in your downloading of drivers and fan made patches! Rejoice in your having to read a 200 page manual and an entire wiki in order to play your games!

For we are PC Gamers, and it is in our hobby's complexity that we derive enjoyment from what simpler men cannot.

Because it's too complex for simpler men, and stuff.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 01:29:35 pm by Leonon »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8417 on: March 29, 2011, 01:22:21 pm »

Fool! We are PC Gamers! It is our true path in life to do overly complicated things in order to play games! Rejoice in your downloading of multiple mods for compatibility requirements! Rejoice in your setting up of emulators! Rejoice in your downloading of drivers and fan made patches! Rejoice in your having to read a 200 page manual and an entire wiki in order to play your games!

For we are PC Gamers, and it is in our hobby's complexity that we derive enjoyment from what simpler men cannot.

haha I do indeed read entire Wikipedias on games but only if they spark my interest. But all the possible comparability errors....Industrialcraft doesn't spark my interest enough for that.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8418 on: March 29, 2011, 01:55:18 pm »

I heard a church organ and a cuior quior group of angels singing in my head when I read that.

Also sigged...sorta...ran outta room and had to drop the link and the bottom.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 02:00:58 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8419 on: March 29, 2011, 01:56:56 pm »

haha I do indeed read entire Wikipedias on games but only if they spark my interest. But all the possible comparability errors....Industrialcraft doesn't spark my interest enough for that.

I'll be the first to admit that the guy that made IndustrialCraft is already hard enough to follow along with... HAYO!  But the mod itself is fun to play with and overrode my urge to stab the man in the freaking throat.

Also, it wasn't really that hard.  Download mods, extract, open minecraft.jar in favorite zip program, delete meta something, copy the files from all three mods into it, save, run Minecraft.

(Also, "choir")
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8420 on: March 29, 2011, 01:59:28 pm »

Installing mods is rather easy.
Install winrar.
Open the minecraft.jar with winrar. (You can find the folder it is in by opening the texture pack folder button in the minecraft texture and mods option when you log in)
Open the zip with the mods in them. And drag the needed files onto the in winrar opened minecraft.jar (Though you with industrialcraft you need to drag the files and folders inside the three main folders)

You can probably replace winrar with any other zip program but I haven't tried any other.

Edit.

Hehe three replies before I could post. Wow that was fast.

Oh and I also forgot to mention that you need to delete the META-INF folder as well :P

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8421 on: March 29, 2011, 02:38:42 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The wires melt as soon as current is applied but the double helix is definitely something worth looking into.

Installing mods is rather easy.
Install winrar.
Open the minecraft.jar with winrar. (You can find the folder it is in by opening the texture pack folder button in the minecraft texture and mods option when you log in)
Open the zip with the mods in them. And drag the needed files onto the in winrar opened minecraft.jar (Though you with industrialcraft you need to drag the files and folders inside the three main folders)

You can probably replace winrar with any other zip program but I haven't tried any other.

Edit.

Hehe three replies before I could post. Wow that was fast.

Oh and I also forgot to mention that you need to delete the META-INF folder as well :P
Or just use Mod Manager

UPDATE:
I played around with the double helix design and here's the best I came up with so far.

This one is short but it should be infinitely repeatable. There's 18 MFEs in there.

UPDATE2:
It seems the MFEs can be stacked vertically with no problem if there's a switch cable between them. attaching a redstone current to the switches allows the current to flow upwards. I have no idea why I hadn't noticed this before.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:17:31 pm by Leonon »

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8422 on: March 29, 2011, 08:24:29 pm »

Working on my sandstone and birch wood villa. It looks pretty handsome right now, but some of the terraces need work and the pathway up to it needs work done on the railing system. I'll need a lot more iron to connect it to the cart system, and the only viable way is to branch from my cellar in the castle (very far away) and go under the ocean, then make a booster system to take me almost straight up.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #8423 on: March 29, 2011, 08:47:03 pm »

When I went to bed yesterday, IndustrialCraft was at 4.00

I guess Alblaka just works... Industriously...

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8424 on: March 29, 2011, 08:58:36 pm »

It seems the MFEs can be stacked vertically with no problem if there's a switch cable between them. attaching a redstone current to the switches allows the current to flow upwards. I have no idea why I hadn't noticed this before.
Probably because you can't connect an input to the top or bottom of the MFE?
Staircases work, and if you put two wires on the flipping verticals, you can take them as high as you need in any form-factor, as long as it's at least two wide.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8425 on: March 29, 2011, 09:04:13 pm »

Probably because you can't connect an input to the top or bottom of the MFE?
Actually you can.

UPDATE: Just did some more testing and vertical stacks going down using switch wires to prevent backflow works perfectly. The current refuses to flow upwards when using a vertical stack though even with switches and redstone current.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 09:44:58 pm by Leonon »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8426 on: March 29, 2011, 09:57:48 pm »

...Buh.
That developer is just a twat about actually describing his mechanics correctly in that godawful advertisement crap, apparently.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8427 on: March 29, 2011, 10:48:03 pm »

...Buh.
That developer is just a twat about actually describing his mechanics correctly in that godawful advertisement crap, apparently.
You do seem to enjoy complaining about mod developers an awful lot recently...

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8428 on: March 29, 2011, 10:56:12 pm »

I think that's a merited complaint. I would probably download IndustrialCraft if he just had a straightforward description of the mod's features. I mean, the in-character description thing can be done- just check out the DataRealms mod forums for great examples of this- but there's something about the way he talks that makes me hate indiscriminately. Also, after I read it I started yelling "HAYO" in my sleep.

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8429 on: March 30, 2011, 12:58:19 am »

I tried upgrading to Industrial Craft v4.20 today and it seems to have made it impossible to run the game. Whenever Minecraft starts it just hangs on the updates screen at the "done loading" stage. Testing revealed that the game runs just fine from my unmodded backup .jar, so I doubt this is a networking issue. I have the mod loader and More IDs installed since they're prereqs for Industrial Craft but have no other mods installed. Has anyone else run into this and/or found a ready fix for it?

EDIT: Asking on the industrial Craft thread just got responses saying it was an ID conflict with other mods. The morons.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 01:02:03 am by HLBeta »
... and then it explodes!
Pages: 1 ... 560 561 [562] 563 564 ... 1380