Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420012 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8355 on: March 27, 2011, 10:31:12 pm »

Where the hell are people getting the resources for all these massive solar arrays and stuff?  Jay had 4 nuclear reactors, and I see these screenshots with dozens of solar panels.

I thought I was doing damn good to have 2 solar generators hooked up to a MFE and a single nuclear reactor.  Am I missing some godlike mining method or something?
So far the only problem I have is getting Iron.  I have 8 solar panels up and I just built 10 more (but I was thinking about finding a new place to build up since my original operations are kind of a cluster-fuck of learning.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8356 on: March 27, 2011, 10:54:11 pm »

Yeah, that texture pack pretty much made me want to cut out my eyes. Opinions, I guess, however.

Anyone know a good 16x texture pack? Non-painterly.

I use Moontrain's Lucid Pack. It's basically an attempt to revamp the original graphics and make them not suck without looking too different from vanilla Minecraft.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8357 on: March 27, 2011, 11:21:48 pm »

Where the hell are people getting the resources for all these massive solar arrays and stuff?  Jay had 4 nuclear reactors, and I see these screenshots with dozens of solar panels.

I thought I was doing damn good to have 2 solar generators hooked up to a MFE and a single nuclear reactor.  Am I missing some godlike mining method or something?
Diamond mining drill. Try it out some time. It is OVER 9000 times faster than a diamond pick. Hell, a normal drill is faster than a diamond pick, by a long shot.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8358 on: March 27, 2011, 11:32:02 pm »

This industrial mod is sounding like the first one I'd actually try. Maybe I'll grab it.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8359 on: March 28, 2011, 12:22:10 am »

Yeah, that texture pack pretty much made me want to cut out my eyes. Opinions, I guess, however.

I use Moontrain's Lucid Pack. It's basically an attempt to revamp the original graphics and make them not suck without looking too different from vanilla Minecraft.
There's also Quandry's Pack which does the same thing.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8360 on: March 28, 2011, 12:25:22 am »

This industrial mod is sounding like the first one I'd actually try. Maybe I'll grab it.
It's about equal to what I understand Awakening is to DAO.

There's also Quandry's Pack which does the same thing.
That one changes too much for it to have the same feel as vanilla.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile
« Reply #8361 on: March 28, 2011, 02:38:58 am »

I really like the Lucid Pack. I have Jolicraft installed if I get sick of things, but that doesn't happen often. Nice for "change just because" though.

I tried some HD packs for a (brief) time and found I hated them, especially the mob graphics ... those faces. So terrible. 16x16 for life.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8362 on: March 28, 2011, 02:56:37 am »

I like the john smith texture pack. The best thing about it is that it makes cobblestone nice to look at.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8363 on: March 28, 2011, 03:33:37 am »

Does anybody have a link straight to a download for this "ModLoader v5" that every fucking mod in the world says is absolutely indispensable, but nobody ever provides a damn link to?  Because the Minecraft forum's search function is currently offline, and Googling for it is useless.

Seriously, if everybody is going to sing its praises and start their instructions with "have ModLoader v5 or you're an idiot", you'd think at least one OP would have a link for it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8365 on: March 28, 2011, 03:45:22 am »

First result under site:minecraftforums.net modloader v5.

When a thread is titled "Shelves!" and says "Read the whole thing", I'm sure as fuck not going to.  Still begs the question why Googling for "ModLoader" doesn't turn up an actual "ModLoader" thread.

And it still doesn't link to a ModLoader thread, just the downloads.  I kinda like to see the OP for it, so I know what the fuck I'm doing.  It's like this mystical magic utility just sprang into being and everyone knows about it but me.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8366 on: March 28, 2011, 03:55:48 am »

That is the thread.
All it does is make it so that you can have class files that aren't one of the generic two-letter ones already part of minecraft.jar.
Essentially, it makes it so you can easily uninstall a mod without getting a new jar, opens up possibilities for modders, much like the Elder Scrolls script extenders, and allows mods to be a little more friendly with each other.

This is the download link in case you missed it amongst that wall of text (yeah, it's pretty buried for something so vital).

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #8367 on: March 28, 2011, 03:59:55 am »

Question about industrial craft:
How do you destroy machinery (e.g. auto miner) without turning it into "machine"? I destroyed rubber extractor with metal pick and it turned into machine i would not like that to happen with autominer :/

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8368 on: March 28, 2011, 04:00:38 am »

That is the thread.

This is the download link in case you missed it amongst that wall of text (yeah, it's pretty buried for something so vital).

Really?  That's the home-thread for ModLoader?  No wonder I had no idea what anyone was talking about, and such trouble finding it all this time.  If he's the guy who made it, I'm sure I wouldn't be the first person to tell him that ModLoader should have it's own Google-at-a-glance thread.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8369 on: March 28, 2011, 04:58:45 am »

So apparently 1.4 is coming soon.
Pages: 1 ... 556 557 [558] 559 560 ... 1380