Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420026 times)

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8340 on: March 27, 2011, 05:19:08 pm »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8341 on: March 27, 2011, 05:38:05 pm »

I tried out the ruins mod myself, but for some reason it wouldn't spawn any ruins any appreciable distance from the spawn.  I hope yer screenshots mean that was fixed.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8342 on: March 27, 2011, 05:40:46 pm »

Is there any list with mods? 'cause I'm kinda getting lost.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8343 on: March 27, 2011, 05:49:43 pm »

I tried out the ruins mod myself, but for some reason it wouldn't spawn any ruins any appreciable distance from the spawn.  I hope yer screenshots mean that was fixed.

Could be that there was an issue with that, could be that you copied the files wrong, or it could just be the fact that I jacked up the spawn rates in ruins.txt.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8344 on: March 27, 2011, 07:56:14 pm »

Could be that there was an issue with that, could be that you copied the files wrong, or it could just be the fact that I jacked up the spawn rates in ruins.txt.

*snip*
Or just that ruins are random in general.  I haven't adjusted the frequency at all, and on the last map I generated, I spawned on top of one.

Also, am I the only one that finds that texture pack (that you're using) eye-searing?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8345 on: March 27, 2011, 08:03:30 pm »

Also, am I the only one that finds that texture pack (that you're using) eye-searing?
No, it's horrifying to me. I could never play that.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8346 on: March 27, 2011, 08:26:03 pm »

It looks like the new Switch Cable can make 48 current solar flowers viable since it can have 5 attached to it.

EDIT: I just realized the Switch Cable allows giant generator columns since it can receive input current from the top and output it at the bottom while being hooked to 4 generators.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 08:49:11 pm by Leonon »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8347 on: March 27, 2011, 08:53:12 pm »

It gets imput from the top, too? I thought it didn't do anything with it while set to the bottom.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8348 on: March 27, 2011, 08:56:51 pm »

Where the hell are people getting the resources for all these massive solar arrays and stuff?  Jay had 4 nuclear reactors, and I see these screenshots with dozens of solar panels.

I thought I was doing damn good to have 2 solar generators hooked up to a MFE and a single nuclear reactor.  Am I missing some godlike mining method or something?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8349 on: March 27, 2011, 08:59:26 pm »

The recipe text says MFEs can absorb power from all six sides as well, though I don't understand how that interacts with the ability to send power up/down. I guess a generator can't be fed power if it's sitting on an MFE? But the MFE might send power up a wire if the generator is not directly on top of the MFE, so I don't know.

On mining: the mining drill for one, it is way way faster than iron tools at least (not sure how it compares to gold or diamond). Finding resources can be luck based, I guess. There are also mining "robots" but I don't know how expensive they are resource-wise to find make.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 11:21:39 pm by Niveras »

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8350 on: March 27, 2011, 08:59:48 pm »

To each his own.
Personally, I find the smooth lighting and high-res texture packs horrendous.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8351 on: March 27, 2011, 09:00:55 pm »

To each his own.
Personally, I find the smooth lighting and high-res texture packs horrendous.
You are right here on two counts. To each his own, and anything above 32x is trash. Even 32x is iffy and I never use 'em.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8352 on: March 27, 2011, 09:57:21 pm »

*snip*
Or just that ruins are random in general.  I haven't adjusted the frequency at all, and on the last map I generated, I spawned on top of one.

I thought I went blind looking at it to be honest.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8353 on: March 27, 2011, 10:11:20 pm »

Yeah, that texture pack pretty much made me want to cut out my eyes. Opinions, I guess, however.

Anyone know a good 16x texture pack? Non-painterly.

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #8354 on: March 27, 2011, 10:14:50 pm »

Jolicraft and Cave Story are the other two packs I have and use.
Pages: 1 ... 555 556 [557] 558 559 ... 1380