Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419749 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8160 on: March 24, 2011, 08:28:56 am »

You can't install industrial with a mod manager
I havn't been.
I've done everything right, all new more id's mod, newest mod manager, and newest industrial craft.
It causes black screen even though I am doing it right, I've been installing more complicated mods for a LONG time.
Do you have any other mods? If you do, you should make a folder and extract all of them into there. If you see any replace/rename prompts, they aren't compatible. (Not completely sure about that, though. :P) You could also edit the config if any of the block/item ids are conflicting with other mods.

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #8161 on: March 24, 2011, 08:32:29 am »

Er, industrial mod makes the screen black for a while. Be more patient and see if it loads.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8162 on: March 24, 2011, 08:36:23 am »

Yea it does cause minecraft to load a bit slower, but all mods do that.  I guess it's related to the power of your computer so I guess it could take a bit to load. 

But it only takes 2 seconds on my +computer+. So I imagine it can't take all that long to load even on a XX‼Computer‼XX.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8163 on: March 24, 2011, 08:39:56 am »

Industrial Mod was causing a black screen for me too, and reading through the thread for it, I figured out my problem, you may have the same one.

Find the config file for it, and make sure that if you do not have the  better picks and the nanosuit in your minecraft.jar that they are disabled in the config.

For some reason, mine were enabled when I never installed them.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #8164 on: March 24, 2011, 12:48:35 pm »

Today I dreamed I was in a strange blocky world... And that it was getting dark and I desperately needed coal to make torches.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8165 on: March 24, 2011, 04:13:22 pm »

Er, industrial mod makes the screen black for a while. Be more patient and see if it loads.
Does it also on purpose cause it to crash? No? Well then. No mods conflict with it,I tried installing just that mod plus mod loader and it crashes. ONLY that mod.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8166 on: March 24, 2011, 04:28:14 pm »

Really the only things I can think of is

A)yer META.inf file is not deleted (which seems unlikely since other mods work)
B) you have either industrial pickaxe or the nanosuit installed but not turned on or "#" not removed from the tag in the Industrial config
C) Industrial pickaxe or nanosuit turned on in the config but not installed
D) the config in the wrong place with industrial pickaxe or nanosuit installed
or E) A file was put in the wrong place in the minecraft.jar file somehow.

E actually happened to me once.  I dragged from one copy of winRAR to the other and because my mouse was over a folder when I released the button winrar put the file in there instead of the minecraft.jar root those class files are all supposed to go.

But that's really all I can think of that could cause a crash.

Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8167 on: March 24, 2011, 05:00:44 pm »

I'm actually having inexplicable crashes as well, but with Mo Creatures specifically, so is it perhaps not Industrial at fault here?

EDIT: Inexplicable not.  DrZhark conveniently forgot to mention ANYWHERE that Mo' Creatures is built on ModLoader v4, whereas everything else I'm using is v5.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 05:10:51 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8168 on: March 24, 2011, 05:31:33 pm »

Installed Mo Creatures yesterday. Playing today, I walk away without pausing my game, but leave my crafting screen up.

I come back to find myself dead, with my entire wooden house torn down, and only the door left stand. Way ahead of me is an ogre.

I really dislike those guys.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8169 on: March 24, 2011, 05:54:45 pm »

I'm actually having inexplicable crashes as well, but with Mo Creatures specifically, so is it perhaps not Industrial at fault here?

EDIT: Inexplicable not.  DrZhark conveniently forgot to mention ANYWHERE that Mo' Creatures is built on ModLoader v4, whereas everything else I'm using is v5.

Odd, I'm using v5 modloader and mo creatures is working fine for me.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8170 on: March 24, 2011, 05:59:27 pm »

Well, what other mods do you have installed?
Obviously there is something off regarding its pre-reqs list, in that case.
(There is anyway, as it lists "ModLoader", no specific version <-- VERY BAD PRACTICE)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8171 on: March 24, 2011, 06:11:04 pm »

I'll check. GUIapi, Modloaderv5, Audiomod, FloodgateBeta 1.3, Mo Creatures, MoreIDs, IndustrialCraft

That's all my mods in the order I installed them according to my mod notes.  I think the only one that isn't a prereq for the main two is FloodgateBeta.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 06:12:59 pm by Greiger »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8172 on: March 24, 2011, 08:12:41 pm »

Well, what other mods do you have installed?
Obviously there is something off regarding its pre-reqs list, in that case.
(There is anyway, as it lists "ModLoader", no specific version <-- VERY BAD PRACTICE)
It's actually can use both versions. Look below the download link. There's an alternate download for ModLoader v4.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8173 on: March 24, 2011, 09:59:57 pm »

Hm.  Is this in bad taste?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8174 on: March 24, 2011, 10:06:42 pm »

Hm.  Is this in bad taste?

Kinda.  Combine it with a StalkerCraft modpack, and then it'll be totally cool.

Nighttime soon, stalker.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 1380