Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419901 times)

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8130 on: March 23, 2011, 12:37:17 am »

Arhg. Double doors are a bitch to program. Especially when you don't have much room and are trying to hide the circuits. :\
EDIT: ESPECIALLY when you're trying to use a button as an input. -_-
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 12:40:31 am by Jack_Bread »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8131 on: March 23, 2011, 01:11:37 am »

Yo, just explaining what I've been doing.

Earth Nation is best nation.

Is that your server? If so, I want an invite! That's damn cool!
Nah, I just play on it. The real credit belongs to the guys on the PA forums that put this together. It seems to be semi-exclusive to those forums to help keep dicks out, so you'll need an account there to get in.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8132 on: March 23, 2011, 12:21:39 pm »

I have set off a nuke in a pristine* bit of terrain.  The results are stunning.

Spoiler: Before (click to show/hide)

I think I'll be moving my reactor a bit farther away from my base...

P.S. This is the industrialcraft mod.  Critters are from mo creatures.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 01:00:18 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8133 on: March 23, 2011, 03:39:15 pm »

I havn't experimented with nuclear reactors but I'd think their explosion would be rendered inert by putting them under water.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8134 on: March 23, 2011, 03:49:35 pm »

I was just going to ask what happens if set off above and below water ;)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8135 on: March 23, 2011, 04:07:38 pm »

Yea I have a number of experiments lined up for nukes.  (Do the nukes still damage surroundings underwater? Can a nuke break bedrock?  What is the minimum safe distance.) But I'm suffering from a lack of resources.  Oddly enough I have plenty of uranium, it's the gunpowder I need more of.

My anti-ogre magma moat probably kills them by the dozen, but it unfortunately does what magma does best to the leftover gunpowder too.  And the mo creatures night mobs scare the bejeebees out of me too much for me to go creeper hunting very far from the safety of my walls.  ...That and I don't want a skeleton or something killing my horse.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 04:09:35 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8136 on: March 23, 2011, 04:16:25 pm »

Are the industrial  and (whatever mod those ogres are in) mods compatible? How do I use mods in minecraft? Do I just download then drag into some folder and select them in the mods section in-game? If so, how do I select more then one?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8137 on: March 23, 2011, 04:16:54 pm »

I keep thinking that a neat mod would be a gray goo block that occasionally picks a neighboring non-air square and turns it into a new gray goo block.

There could be dark goo that is static and forms after all the neighboring tiles have been goo-ified to keep processor power.

Furthermore, gray goo blocks damage the player on touch.

The ultimate effect is that you must always be on the move, for the goo cometh.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #8138 on: March 23, 2011, 04:18:37 pm »

Maybe make use of sentries?

Although I'm just guessing. Haven't had a chance to mess with the guns mod yet. Looks like fun, though.

I wish I could have mods installed on individual worlds, though. That way I could play around with different mods without jumping through hoops every time I want to do a different world with the mods I use for it.

@PTTG??: Yeah, but all you'd really have to do is mine out all the space around and beneath it and just leave a floating pile of goo. I suppose if it fell like sand, though, that'd remove that exploit.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8139 on: March 23, 2011, 04:19:43 pm »

I keep thinking that a neat mod would be a gray goo block that occasionally picks a neighboring non-air square and turns it into a new gray goo block.

There could be dark goo that is static and forms after all the neighboring tiles have been goo-ified to keep processor power.

Furthermore, gray goo blocks damage the player on touch.

The ultimate effect is that you must always be on the move, for the goo cometh.

There is already a mod for that. Check the MC Mods board.

@PTTG??: Yeah, but all you'd really have to do is mine out all the space around and beneath it and just leave a floating pile of goo. I suppose if it fell like sand, though, that'd remove that exploit.

If it did that to adminite too, it'd make for some cool effects. Seeing the world quite literally split apart as the goo consumes it.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8140 on: March 23, 2011, 04:41:25 pm »

It would depend on how fast it spread. Once it got fairly large (20*20*20), then you would have to mine out a rectangle of space around it, especially considering that it would grow as you mine around it (anything besides TNT mining would probably be too slow methinks). Sure, you could mine around it when it is a 1*1*1 block, but what would be the fun in that?
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8141 on: March 23, 2011, 04:41:41 pm »

Yo, just explaining what I've been doing.

Earth Nation is best nation.

Is that your server? If so, I want an invite! That's damn cool!
Nah, I just play on it. The real credit belongs to the guys on the PA forums that put this together. It seems to be semi-exclusive to those forums to help keep dicks out, so you'll need an account there to get in.

Oh damn, if anything's going to get me back on the PA forums, that could do it.  I hope good-word is worth invitation.  FOR EARTH!

The Fire Nation guys are chumps, there's no wood!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8142 on: March 23, 2011, 04:49:36 pm »

They can place saplings on the mainland, so whatever. There are good amounts of balancing happening as the guy looks over what goes on and decides what needs to be fixed while periodically finding bukkit plugins he likes and somehow integrating them into the vast web of plugins he has integrated into this server.

And yeah there are plenty of dicks, but for the most part things seem to remain stable. With the exception of the Earth Nation leader who is testing the limits of the system with every step.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8143 on: March 23, 2011, 04:51:20 pm »

That shit sounds awesome.
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8144 on: March 23, 2011, 05:01:36 pm »

On a somewhat-related note, what in the world did Ein use to film those flyovers?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries
Pages: 1 ... 541 542 [543] 544 545 ... 1380