Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2422508 times)

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #7140 on: January 13, 2011, 01:32:03 pm »

Does it have sand physics? Earlier this week I thought about making a sandcastle.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7141 on: January 13, 2011, 01:37:03 pm »

Gray sheep? I just saw a black one. Thought I grabbed a screen, but I didn't bother to check until I'd thrown it off a cliff. Dropped a block of black wool, though. What are the dyes?
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7142 on: January 13, 2011, 01:39:09 pm »

Kinda makes me wish the servers weren't usually mobless

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7143 on: January 13, 2011, 01:39:26 pm »

One of the New Blocks:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7144 on: January 13, 2011, 01:48:06 pm »

so that means we've seen all the non-crafting new stuff, exluding note-blocks.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7145 on: January 13, 2011, 02:04:12 pm »

New sheep : Black sheep gray sheep and a dark grey sheep.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7146 on: January 13, 2011, 02:08:08 pm »

Anything new with the Nether?

EDIT:
I also noticed that first loading up a new world, there's a fade in effect with a dark ring that slowly fades out around the edges. I assume that's you waking up into the new world.

I spawned a new world, and I started between a desert with decent-sized dunes and next to a forest. Sweet. I got a good spawning point.

EDIT EDIT:
@Head:
Is that a magma pipe/pool? Those now exist? Even better. Now we need to find bottomless pits and chasms.

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
I got a really good spot. Found my magma pipe/pool not far away, and in range from spawn (I can see it from the top of the hill where my spawnpoint is; which apparently is also so high, it touches the clouds.). Now all I need is a water source and some buckets. Huge coal deposit was found in a mountainside near spawn. 35 briquettes of coal harvested from that one spot alone. Plus, hey, free shelter. ;D

EDIT EDIT EDIT EDIT:
BUG REPORT:
I have a chunk in front of my shelter that seems to be in perpetual daylight. Odd. I'm getting a screenshot of it right now. Unless anyone has experienced the same thing.

Spoiler: Holy Land myhaps? (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 02:34:30 pm by Itnetlolor »

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7147 on: January 13, 2011, 02:08:30 pm »

Pine trees : http://img822.imageshack.us/i/moartrees.png/

Also birch trees.

and a guy on bs12 irc spawned by a magma pipe?

Perfect embark anyone?

http://img694.imageshack.us/i/72635936.png/
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7148 on: January 13, 2011, 02:33:44 pm »

Crap, spider can climb all surfaces now. Nowhere is safe. I don't know if they can go on ceilings, but still. Crap.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7149 on: January 13, 2011, 02:36:05 pm »

Crap, spider can climb all surfaces now. Nowhere is safe. I don't know if they can go on ceilings, but still. Crap.
Great, I think my arachnophobia is coming back. As long as ducks don't become featured and watch everything you do, I'll be fine.

Oh yeah, I stubled across this. F1 can remove the HUD from your view, and F2 can take screenshots. No more would I need to rely on Screenshot Capture to get good shots now. YAY!! Combine the 2 for clean shots as well.

Let's see if I'm right (maybe I missed the memo on these features from prior updates). Looks like the screenshots are also marked by date/time similar to SSC. That's nice.

Spoiler: BTW, F1+F2 works (click to show/hide)
Screenshot folder is in C:\Users\#USER\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\screenshots. if Vista.

EDIT:
A thought on the Lapis. I think, much like in the ancient times, the lapis can be ground up and used as a coloring agent to make blue cloth or apply as a blue material. Is there a chance paint can be involved eventually, or in this current update? I mean, we can have paint buckets, we just need a way to make paint now (possibly one of the new craftables).

So far, no way to craft a paintbrush of sorts. Tried all kinds of combos to make anything resembling one with wool and sticks and wood planks. I guess no paint just yet.

EDIT EDIT:
Good call on my part about the Lapis. :)

BUG REPORT:
I found something peculiar with torches. I thought we could plant them on ceilings now, until I realized it was a corner. but torches are planted vertically (on invisible ground), and not wall-mounted if planted on a ceiling next to a wall. It just looks odd. Try it and see for yourself.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 02:56:32 pm by Itnetlolor »

HLBeta

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7150 on: January 13, 2011, 02:46:08 pm »

Ah aha ha ha! Ha ha! Ha.
weareallgoingtodie
... and then it explodes!

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7151 on: January 13, 2011, 02:49:20 pm »

@Itnetlolor
With lakes being re-added, magma pools can spawn near the surface too. Basically lakes, but made of magma.

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7152 on: January 13, 2011, 02:54:39 pm »

Lapis Crafting:
1 Recipe: 1 lapis + 1 wool = 1 blue wool
Also in addition to from black sheep: Ink Sack+ wool = black wool
...Blue wool is going to be pretty rare..

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7153 on: January 13, 2011, 02:56:45 pm »

Music box (not Jukebox). Using the left mouse button on it produces a sound, using the right one produces a sound and changes the pitch; the instrument depends on the block under the music box.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7154 on: January 13, 2011, 02:58:46 pm »

Spent a night, skeleton died in front of me in the morning. 1 arrow and 2 bones found. Bones? Now what can we do with bones?

Oh yeah, and the water sources and such, turns out I got 2 lakes next to my magma pipe. 1 underground, 1 exposed, both a chunk away from each other.

EDIT:
Bones alone make 3x bone meal. Now we need an acid solution, some water and we got gelatin... I think.

Anyone find any use for eggs yet? I was thinking eggs could still make a binder solution for paint.

EDIT EDIT:
Explored a cave where "Holy Land" apparently has. It's in perpetual lighting mode. Torches are useless around the entrance. They generate no light there, but the outside is always lit. I think the chunk is frozen.

Yep, it's frozen. Chopped down a tree, and it still visibly exists, but it actually doesn't. ???

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
Heh, while I wait out another night, I discovered why the chunk is cursed or holy. I've been watching all the animals diving into the lava pipe/pool sacrificing themselves to Kali or Armok.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 03:18:31 pm by Itnetlolor »
Pages: 1 ... 475 476 [477] 478 479 ... 1380