Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2423210 times)

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #7005 on: December 22, 2010, 09:12:51 pm »

Oh, thank god, crazy lag is gone.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7006 on: December 22, 2010, 09:29:39 pm »

Okay, a couple things I learned:

-Even if you have a nice home built, always expect a creeper to be waiting at the front door (blew up my front door thanks to that creeping bastard). This happened on my way IN. The thing was waiting for me to come home.
-Oh yeah, and as it turns out, these creeper bastards can also climb ladders now. Almost lost my designated farmland and another chunk of my house if I hadn't shoddily built the ladder as I did (I had a walkway in-progress, and thanks to cutting the height short, the creeper couldn't find a way up, but he was watching me. However, I now have a method of creeper/gunpowder farming. And I can do this with a sword now.
-Be aware of anything else that might be unexpected to be featured.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 09:31:45 pm by Itnetlolor »

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7007 on: December 22, 2010, 09:54:31 pm »

No matter where you are, or what you're doing, be assured there's always a creeper behind you.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #7008 on: December 22, 2010, 10:03:37 pm »

There needs to be a repair function, even if it costs resources, in SP.

Regarding Creepers, I found that some people lootfarm like this, which is simple enough to do to a moat.
Code: [Select]
xwW
xwx
xwx
wwx
Where W is water source, w is water flow, x is wall, and ellipsis is a continuation of the xwx pattern for any amount of time. It doesn't nab spiders, but it works fairly well last I tried. Thing hits water, gets swept under, held against wall until it drowns and you get PHAT LEWTZ.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7009 on: December 22, 2010, 10:07:28 pm »

I wanna play this game. I guess I'll wait till it's in a Humble Bundle or something

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7010 on: December 22, 2010, 10:16:07 pm »

No matter where you are, or what you're doing, be assured there's always a creeper behind you.
I find they're normally around corners waiting for me.

fenrif

• Bay Watcher
  • Dare to be stupid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7011 on: December 22, 2010, 10:24:54 pm »

Oh, they're there too. It's pretty safe to assume if you can't directly see a block, a creeper is hiding on it. :P

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7012 on: December 22, 2010, 10:28:35 pm »

Oh, they're there too. It's pretty safe to assume if you can't directly see a block, a creeper is hiding on it. :P

Why is it that I'm more scared of the zombies than I am of the creepers? I mean with creepers it's like, oh there it is, I'll just run and hit it and repeat. With zombies it's like, you're adventuring in a cave, it's all dark, there's probably water and some clay and iron somewhere, you don't hear anything, you're putting down torches and you loAAUUURGGHHGHGHGHGHHGGHHGHG

game over
try again y/n

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7013 on: December 22, 2010, 10:38:33 pm »

Creepers do that silently. You're walking along... ssssSSSS BOOOOOM!
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7014 on: December 22, 2010, 10:40:27 pm »

It's the middle of the goddamn day.  I'm digging out some dirt for my porch.  All of a sudden... sssssSSSSSSS...  I didn't even turn around in time to see him.

Then two minutes later it happened again in the same spot.  Fuck I hate those guys.  I need to clear out some of these trees, or something.

And now I'm getting herds of spiders in my basement.  Did Notch change the spawning rules again, or did making the walls of my fort one block thicker somehow royally screw me over?
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Nirreln

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube channel
« Reply #7015 on: December 22, 2010, 10:40:41 pm »

Why is it that I'm more scared of the zombies than I am of the creepers? I mean with creepers it's like, oh there it is, I'll just run and hit it and repeat. With zombies it's like, you're adventuring in a cave, it's all dark, there's probably water and some clay and iron somewhere, you don't hear anything, you're putting down torches and you loAAUUURGGHHGHGHGHGHHGGHHGHG

game over
try again y/n
For me it's the way the game seems to sneak creepers up behind you when you least expect one. You think you're safe and you hear a Ssssssss... behind you and then you get blasted off a cliff/into lava or something equally bad. Although nothing can scare the crap out of you like a zombie dropping on your head from above and that's happend to me more than once.
Quote from: a rather odd engraving
This is a masterful image of your FPS and the HFS. The HFS is committing a depraved act on your FPS.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7016 on: December 22, 2010, 10:43:56 pm »

It's the middle of the goddamn day.  I'm digging out some dirt for my porch.  All of a sudden... sssssSSSSSSS...  I didn't even turn around in time to see him.

Then two minutes later it happened again in the same spot.  Fuck I hate those guys.  I need to clear out some of these trees, or something.

And now I'm getting herds of spiders in my basement.  Did Notch change the spawning rules again, or did making the walls of my fort one block thicker somehow royally screw me over?

The only way I can think of that happening is if you don't have enough torches in your basement.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7017 on: December 22, 2010, 10:51:21 pm »

The only way I can think of that happening is if you don't have enough torches in your basement.

It's plenty bright down there and it's never happened before.  I think the problem is they're jumping in through the windows and getting stuck down there.  Making my walls slightly thicker has put them within jumping range of several dirt mounds, and created some black shadows on the outsides of the pillars.  I'm not entirely sure how to solve that one; I really wanted to make some glowstone lampposts, but I can't find any diamonds to etc a portal.

I still don't really know what I'm building, but at least the roof looks pretty cool now.  I guess I could post pics when the walls are more finished.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7018 on: December 22, 2010, 10:58:07 pm »

It's plenty bright down there and it's never happened before.  I think the problem is they're jumping in through the windows and getting stuck down there.  Making my walls slightly thicker has put them within jumping range of several dirt mounds, and created some black shadows on the outsides of the pillars.  I'm not entirely sure how to solve that one; I really wanted to make some glowstone lampposts, but I can't find any diamonds to etc a portal.

I still don't really know what I'm building, but at least the roof looks pretty cool now.  I guess I could post pics when the walls are more finished.

Diamonds? The the nether portal rules change or something? I thought you needed obsidian, which only requires lava and a bit of water placement.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7019 on: December 22, 2010, 10:58:47 pm »

Why do you need diamonds? it's easier and faster to just bucket a portal up.

DAMN NINJAS
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.
Pages: 1 ... 466 467 [468] 469 470 ... 1380