Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2423656 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Like Infiniminer but in Java and in Alpha
« Reply #6885 on: December 12, 2010, 08:39:26 pm »

$20 is still firmly in the discount range, though. There are certainly some people who would pay $13 for something they felt $20 was too much for, but I'd be surprised if a third of the people who bought it wouldn't have gone any higher.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6886 on: December 12, 2010, 08:47:27 pm »

You say that from the biased point of view of someone who knows the game. Think for a moment. You just heard of this indie game for 20E which is pretty much the same as another, free game. Would you buy it without a second glance?
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6887 on: December 12, 2010, 08:54:14 pm »

You say that from the biased point of view of someone who knows the game. Think for a moment. You just heard of this indie game for 20E which is pretty much the same as another, free game. Would you buy it without a second glance?
By this reasoning, I wouldn't buy it for 13E either.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6888 on: December 12, 2010, 09:06:11 pm »

Can players kill each other on servers?
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #6889 on: December 12, 2010, 09:06:54 pm »

This right here is exactly what I'm saying. When Minecraft first was made, it was pretty much Infiniminer with infinite bricks.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #6890 on: December 12, 2010, 09:11:17 pm »

I'm gonna see if I can get anyone else in my family in on the game before it hits beta. Then again, they might reject the offer for the reason of addicatability. Sounds similar to my previous telling of DF. :(

And even one of my brothers didn't play DF that much. Even a succession fort run between us only lasted 2 seasons, or was it 2 years. My sisters hold empty promise to such a prospect as well. Oh well, their loss.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6891 on: December 12, 2010, 09:45:04 pm »

Soon, you will be able to buy gift codes for Minecraft, perfectly timed for the holidays! Even better, if you buy those before December 20, accounts created from these codes will count as alpha accounts, and will receive all future updates for free.
When is this happening? There's only 8 days left between now and then. I'd like to buy one or two for friends.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #6892 on: December 12, 2010, 09:45:11 pm »

This right here is exactly what I'm saying. When Minecraft first was made, it was pretty much Infiniminer with infinite bricks.
It was also free at that time.
Major fallacy is major.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #6893 on: December 13, 2010, 01:46:26 am »

Can players kill each other on servers?

If PVP isn't disabled by a mod on that server, yes.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6894 on: December 13, 2010, 10:56:07 am »

So, the kill command doesn't work properly. Don't use it. If it does get used on you, you can't take damage and can't pick things up. You can still dig for some reason.

To fix that, simply delete your specific player file from world\players, and reconnect to the server.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Evergod41

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6895 on: December 13, 2010, 05:20:00 pm »

Less discussing, more pictures of awesome stuff.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6896 on: December 13, 2010, 05:27:37 pm »

I've been working on and off on a building that I don't know what to do with.  Near my starting area, I found a large blip in the terrain, next to a forest with no trees on it.  I thought about hollowing it out into a natural-stone tower, but once I shoveled all the dirt off, it wasn't all that big.  After a couple silly rebuilds, I know have a natural stone spire, with a Greco-Roman colonnade thing built around it.  The columns and roof are (or will soon be) recooked stone, for a smoother look, and so my columns don't look like they're made of crumbling brick.

No idea where I'm going here.  One of you geniuses with more time than sense help me out with ideas.  I'm currently using the Glimmar Steampunk graphic set, mostly because I like the higher resolution.  I had an idea for making a baroque Ancient World Factory of some kind, but I'm at a loss.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6897 on: December 13, 2010, 06:09:28 pm »

Top it with a signal beam to the ALIENS.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6898 on: December 13, 2010, 06:14:05 pm »

A lavafall that flows through the various levels, lighting them up with clever placement. It must all originate from one source, so if you block it the tower will be unlit.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6899 on: December 14, 2010, 03:43:08 am »

Oh man, you can deflect ghast fireballs with snowballs!

Which is good, because snowballs do piteous amounts of damage.

I will return after I have slain the beast with snowball power.

I've been working on and off on a building that I don't know what to do with.  Near my starting area, I found a large blip in the terrain, next to a forest with no trees on it.  I thought about hollowing it out into a natural-stone tower, but once I shoveled all the dirt off, it wasn't all that big.  After a couple silly rebuilds, I know have a natural stone spire, with a Greco-Roman colonnade thing built around it.  The columns and roof are (or will soon be) recooked stone, for a smoother look, and so my columns don't look like they're made of crumbling brick.

No idea where I'm going here.  One of you geniuses with more time than sense help me out with ideas.  I'm currently using the Glimmar Steampunk graphic set, mostly because I like the higher resolution.  I had an idea for making a baroque Ancient World Factory of some kind, but I'm at a loss.

Make pillboxes, and ww2 style trenches.

Pages: 1 ... 458 459 [460] 461 462 ... 1380