Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420844 times)

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Like Infiniminer but in Java and in Alpha
« Reply #4620 on: September 25, 2010, 12:55:55 am »

Its one of those "oh this program has encountered an error and needs to close" errors rather than an error message within the program itself. I'll post a screenie of it tomorrow morning, I badly needs the sleep right now.
Have you installed the C++ redistributable?
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4621 on: September 25, 2010, 02:37:03 am »

Minecraft is back for the time being.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4622 on: September 25, 2010, 03:07:00 am »

Did the skylands server break or something? I lost my mines (they just disappeared) and my chest of cobblestone is gone.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4623 on: September 25, 2010, 08:45:57 am »

Its one of those "oh this program has encountered an error and needs to close" errors rather than an error message within the program itself. I'll post a screenie of it tomorrow morning, I badly needs the sleep right now.
Aye I installed it to my recollection. Moar details now. If I double click the exe then the Cartograph window comes up but when I try to get it to render it errors out, I've tried running the program with game on and off. And not quite enough time to get a screenie but its the default error window that Windows gives you, wonder if this has something to do with full account vs semi activated... Now I'm off to ren faire for the weekend so we'll have to pick this back up Sunday night.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4624 on: September 25, 2010, 10:08:14 am »

I use c10t. No stupid dependencies. It just works.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4625 on: September 25, 2010, 12:24:36 pm »

I'm amused with the people who join, go "Little floating islands! Yuck!" and then immediately disappear. Clearly they've never seen any of the biomes towards the edges. Places like the wastes and mountains are a big as some of the smaller server's entire maps.

The map and runes on this server make it my favorite server ever in existence. It's awesome!
Anyone know the Faith rune, by any chance? Been trying to figure it out, but no luck.

In addition, how do I get water if the buckets are totally broke?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4626 on: September 25, 2010, 02:00:16 pm »

Aye I installed it to my recollection. Moar details now. If I double click the exe then the Cartograph window comes up but when I try to get it to render it errors out, I've tried running the program with game on and off. And not quite enough time to get a screenie but its the default error window that Windows gives you, wonder if this has something to do with full account vs semi activated... Now I'm off to ren faire for the weekend so we'll have to pick this back up Sunday night.
Does it go unresponsive, then bring up the error when you try to interact with the program? If so, this happens to me too. Just let it sit and don't mess with it, it will eventually finish rendering,
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4627 on: September 25, 2010, 02:48:51 pm »

Which options are you using? Oblique seems to give me more detailed images, but I'm not sure how high-res you're looking for.

Edit: Actually, it's oblique-angled that is giving me the best images
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 02:53:38 pm by Eduren »

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4628 on: September 25, 2010, 02:51:17 pm »

Skylands seems to be down.

EDIT: Minecraft.net is the problem methinks. It's also down.

EDIT2: Huh. It's back up! Or my ISP is shit! Either way, I can play!
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 02:57:36 pm by lordnincompoop »

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4629 on: September 25, 2010, 02:56:03 pm »

I'mma playing fine. alltough i just d/ced because i had to go.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4630 on: September 25, 2010, 03:21:21 pm »

Well I think you're out of luck there. There are other visualizers but I don't think they have what you are looking for.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4631 on: September 25, 2010, 04:17:18 pm »

I use c10t. No stupid dependencies. It just works.
Thanks for the hint. I will give it a try. :D

I have problems with the cartograph's dependencies. -_-

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4632 on: September 25, 2010, 04:47:59 pm »

There is a work-in-progress Jaycraft web "site" available here.
It is, as I say, a work in progress.
It should eventually replace the Jaycraft post that is getting very cluttered now.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4633 on: September 25, 2010, 06:40:35 pm »

Frack! I was fully loaded with iron picks, shovels, an axe, a sword, a crapload of torches, some coal, some unsmelted iron, and a few stacks of emergency construction equipment. While slowly creeping along, I get the idea to drop loads of gravel onto the enemies I spotted at the bottom of a waterfall. So I sneak to the edge of the rock I'm on and place down my first piece of gravel. And... I fall along with it. I get mobbed by no less than two zombies, three spiders, at least one skeleton, and possibly a creeper or two.

"Good golly gosh," I thought as I appeared back at my spawn point. I blow my last six iron on a pick, a shovel, and a sword and head back into my mines. I get there and see that all the baddies are gone. There's my stuff, lying in some piles. Woot! I got it all back!

Nope, not so fast. It takes me around 30 seconds to build a safe way down and take out two creepers safely. In that 30 seconds, my stuff winks out of existence.

Ricky

• Bay Watcher
  • Ancient Wizard Dance.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4634 on: September 25, 2010, 06:46:00 pm »

hey guys

ive been watching this thread for a loong time, and im curious  about it, for the least part.

i was wondering if this game eats up memory, or is any bit slow, or could possibly be slow
Ah, I wish I had been lucky enough to be scum.
I'd make such great scum...
Pages: 1 ... 307 308 [309] 310 311 ... 1380