Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420235 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Like Infiniminer but in Java and in Alpha
« Reply #4485 on: September 22, 2010, 04:32:14 pm »

He better fix that sound updater thing in a hurry.  Fending off skeletons when deaf is even worse than when I can hear them.  It's not as nerve wracking, but I don't even know they're right behind me until I'm bouncing around with arrows in my ass.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: September 22, 2010, 04:35:33 pm »

Just explored a cave again.
FOUND:
48 Iron
9 Gold
2 Diamond  :'(
Coal.(lots. Didn't even bother mining all of it.)
I'm hoping to make a diamond pickaxe, just becuase I bet it doesn't break easily. But I need 1 more.
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4487 on: September 22, 2010, 05:04:27 pm »

I for one am really hoping for MPS health to be server-side. When that's done, I'm starting the map over on my server and keeping 'er on ultra hard mode, and if possible increasing the number of monsters, too. Only your little torch-lit villages will bring some safety from the hordes, and then only until... ssssssSSSSSSSS...

After that, then we can see Boats and carts working properly. While nice, there's no rush.

Hmm... I just realized that you could make a redstone tool that indicates if a certain nearby area is active; since redstone only triggers when active, you have a timer circuit that sends a pulsed signal down a wire (with repeaters, of course,) all the way to the edge of that chunk, into the target chunk, and back, finally connecting to a torch in your control room. As long as that torch is blinking, then all the chunks the wire passes through are loaded by the server.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #4488 on: September 22, 2010, 05:11:56 pm »

early warning system? Telegraph system? Long-distance shipping shipping via minecart?
I got nothing

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: September 22, 2010, 06:23:26 pm »

My sound stopped working today as well... I bet there's some new music that isn't downloading... Just like last time. Takes hours for it to fix itself.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: September 22, 2010, 07:34:09 pm »

Nice that worked for my sound.

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: September 22, 2010, 08:32:20 pm »

wait...

So I can do everything like craft/dig/explore even though I didn't buy the game?
Is buying the game just for getting online play?
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: September 22, 2010, 08:36:05 pm »

I was just about to say, yeah. I can still do everything. Do I just not get updates?

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: September 22, 2010, 08:37:51 pm »

I for one am really hoping for MPS health to be server-side. When that's done, I'm starting the map over on my server and keeping 'er on ultra hard mode, and if possible increasing the number of monsters, too. Only your little torch-lit villages will bring some safety from the hordes, and then only until... ssssssSSSSSSSS...

I'd strongly suggest having lots of monsters. After all, we are dwarves, here. So long as elephants, carp, and bronze collosi aren't added, we have nothing to fear!

...however, I might wuss out and request that either Creepers be disabled, or (even better) their explosion be changed to damage players but leave blocks intact. Sort of how Llamacraft defangs TNT, so we don't end up with chunks being blasted out of megaprojects. Or maybe not - who knows, maybe when we've got something to fight, we'll spend more time on defensive structures than megaprojects...

wait...

So I can do everything like craft/dig/explore even though I didn't buy the game?
Is buying the game just for getting online play?

Well, yes and no. You've downloaded the game client from the free weekend. You'll still be able to use it to play, AFAIK - after all, you have all the relevant files. You won't be able to update or play online without authenticating or whatever, but theoretically you might be able to play single-player.

...of course, I haven't actually tested this, but there's a quote to back it up:
Is it weird I can still play the game on the world I made during the free weekend?
I can still craft and everything, but I haven't actually bought the game.

Not if you're playing offline. You can play offline pretty much indefinitely if you don't delete your files, you'll just be stuck with the features of whenever you downloaded.

so I'm assuming it works.  :P

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: September 22, 2010, 08:40:05 pm »

Ah. So no sound for me, but I can play the game, awesome.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: September 23, 2010, 12:04:55 am »

You know why, deep down inside, I secretly love these forums? They occasionally make magic happen.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: September 23, 2010, 12:20:24 am »

You know why, deep down inside, I secretly love these forums? They occasionally make magic happen.

Nice.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: September 23, 2010, 01:49:26 am »

Indeed very nice. I have to admit, being registered myself, there are reasons to frequent the MC forums.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: September 23, 2010, 04:54:58 am »

Heh, it turns out that Valve actually asked Notch over to hire him, if my Swedish serves me correctly:
Valve blev så imponerade av Markus Persson att de bjöd över honom till USA för ett möte nyligen. På samma resa blev han också bjuden till Bungie, bolaget bakom Halo-spelen.

– Jag får inte berätta vad vi pratade om, men Valve var nog mest intresserade av att rekrytera mig. Det var smickrande, men jag var inte intresserad.

Strange how he didn't mention that in his blog or Twitter.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: September 23, 2010, 04:59:02 am »

Valve were so impressed with Mark Pearson that they invited him over to the U.S. for a meeting recently. On the same trip, he was also invited to Bungie, the company behind the Halo games.

- I can not tell you what we talked about, but Valve was probably most interested in recruiting me. It was flattering, but I was not interested.

Seems google translate agrees.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 1380