Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2421675 times)

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Like Infiniminer but in Java and in Alpha
« Reply #4155 on: September 17, 2010, 03:39:50 pm »

From what I've seen it's actually pretty good. Certainly the DF flood didn't seem bad at all.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: September 17, 2010, 03:41:31 pm »

Penny-Arcade's doing a series of comics about Minecraft.

Brace for impact, you guys.
Well at least Penny Arcade's userbase can't be nearly as bad as minecraft's... can it?

I don't know how good or bad Penny Arcade's userbase is... but I'm willing to bet it's not as base as Minecraft. Seriously, it's hard to tell the 4chan trolls from the 'legitimate' posters sometimes.  ::)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4157 on: September 17, 2010, 03:45:56 pm »

Well at least Penny Arcade's userbase can't be nearly as bad as minecraft's... can it?

I don't know how good or bad Penny Arcade's userbase is... but I'm willing to bet it's not as base as Minecraft. Seriously, it's hard to tell the 4chan trolls from the 'legitimate' posters sometimes.  ::)

You've just insulted a great many fine trolls.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: September 17, 2010, 03:47:06 pm »

You've just insulted a great many fine trolls.

It can be hard to tell the good trolls from the bad trolls when trolls troll trolls.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: September 17, 2010, 03:47:24 pm »

Then again, it's still more users, good or not. Poor Duke.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: September 17, 2010, 03:50:02 pm »

I got a buddy moderator for my section named real, so this bro buddy is gonna help me out. Bring it PA forums. I actually think you'll help out here, as the minecraft thread they have showed them being much more intelligent than our current guys.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: September 17, 2010, 04:27:46 pm »

I has my first game today, it's pretty awesome. I keep crapping myself at night and walling off my balcony whenever I hear a low groan or clicking noise  :P
How functional is survival multi-player? Lot's of stuff yet to be implemented from singleplayer?

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4162 on: September 17, 2010, 04:47:17 pm »

I think the only things missing are mobs and damage, then they will be equal.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: September 17, 2010, 05:09:52 pm »

I think the only things missing are mobs and damage, then they will be equal.

Well, that and the aforementioned lag.  ;D

But yeah, single-player is a blast, at least at first. Eventually I inevitably get bored - lots of armour, health, and a good weapon makes mobs slightly less scary, not to mention having a well-lit and securely-walled fortress to hide in. Then I restart and spend 3 (in-game) days having the &*%$ scared out of me again.  :o

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: September 17, 2010, 06:07:05 pm »

Holy. fucking. shit.

In the last two weeks or less, 70K people have bought the game. it took over a year for the first 100K peopel to buy the game.
6000 fucking people bought the game in the last 24 hours. notch made 60000 euros in the last 24 hours. I would love to imagine the sort of business conversations that are going on right now!

Minecraft has reached critical mass, i think.
Magma is overrated.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: September 17, 2010, 06:38:20 pm »

In the last two weeks or less, 70K people have bought the game. it took over a year for the first 100K peopel to buy the game.
6000 fucking people bought the game in the last 24 hours. notch made 60000 euros in the last 24 hours. I would love to imagine the sort of business conversations that are going on right now!

I'm thinking the current conversation revolves around Notch trying to convince PayPal that he is not, in fact, a front for international drug-money laundering, so they'll let him access his account again and not keep his money for themselves.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: September 17, 2010, 06:39:35 pm »

I'm thinking the current conversation revolves around Notch trying to convince PayPal that he is not, in fact, a front for international drug-money laundering, so they'll let him access his account again and not keep his money for themselves.
That'll never happen. Paypal has recognized his success, and they want a slice.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4167 on: September 17, 2010, 06:41:56 pm »

I'm kinda hoping Paypal does try to keep the money, but that's just because I love angry mobs.

I already sharpened my pitchfork.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4168 on: September 17, 2010, 07:02:49 pm »

Yeah, paypal wants to keep 5% (if I remember well) from each sale for 90 days. Ie. They want to profit from his money making even more than they already do. They already take a small percentage from each sale, they just want more. Just like any other bank.

Calhoun

• Bay Watcher
  • Reusable-Box
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: September 17, 2010, 07:58:02 pm »

Not to be the voice of dissent, but it's not like they don't deserve a cut for providing the infrastructure and facilities to allow such transfers of money.

I'm not fans of them taking an extra 5% per sale for 90 days, or holding up the money at all, but it's not like they don't deserve any money.

Doesn't much matter though, they're going to move away from PayPal as soon as possible.
I know it's unrealistic, but I can't help but imagine little bearded babies for dwarves. In my mind, they come out of the womb fully bearded. That's how the mother carries them around, too, she just drags them around by the beard or ties it to her belt. When the father's on duty, he just ties their beards together and the baby just kind of hangs there, swinging to and fro with Urist McDaddy's movements.
Pages: 1 ... 276 277 [278] 279 280 ... 1380