Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2421932 times)

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Like Infiniminer but in Java and in Alpha
« Reply #4095 on: September 15, 2010, 09:46:17 am »

Well, at the moment buckets don't melt. I know that for sure since I have been working with magma and nothing melted. That was in single player however, maybe in multiplayer it is different. I doubt it however.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: September 15, 2010, 11:22:38 am »

Well, at the moment buckets don't melt. I know that for sure since I have been working with magma and nothing melted. That was in single player however, maybe in multiplayer it is different. I doubt it however.

I can confirm that buckets do not melt in single-player. And, though I'm not 100% sure about SMP, I'm fairly certain the guys who were hauling magma yesterday would've complained if their buckets had been melting.  ;D

So, yeah, if you're looking for 100% return on your lava, use buckets. It's slower, but far more efficient.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: September 15, 2010, 11:32:39 am »

If you just have a one deep hole a few spaces from the pit you can make it so it's not that much slower, use a door like a floodgate and it will be vary fast.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: September 15, 2010, 02:59:08 pm »

As long as I'm back into Minecraftin' mode, I guess I'll bump this thread for no reason.
Go me?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4099 on: September 15, 2010, 03:48:50 pm »

WOO! Go JayBud!!!
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: September 15, 2010, 04:04:09 pm »

As long as I'm back into Minecraftin' mode, I guess I'll bump this thread for no reason.
Go me?

I've started playing single-player on and off again.  I think I'm getting worse at the game, but I do enjoy bricks.  Need to find some more cactus and reeds.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: September 15, 2010, 04:08:30 pm »

I've got my obsidian obelisk placed, somewhat thicker than I imagined, but it looks alright. I also lit it up goood.
 Still slowly digging out the lower half of my project, it's getting rather impressive if I do say so myself, what with the 14 block high ceiling with cobblestone chandeliers and the brick/cobblestone floor paths among other things.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: September 15, 2010, 04:38:16 pm »

Go me?

I've started playing single-player on and off again.  I think I'm getting worse at the game, but I do enjoy bricks.  Need to find some more cactus and reeds.

Weird, I always end up with the opposite - I always find reeds quickly, and cacti the moment I come across a bit of sand, but clay takes forever to accumulate. (And, of course, finding one reed and one cactus is plenty; clay doesn't reproduce, so finding it is a bit more important.  :( )

I've got my obsidian obelisk placed, somewhat thicker than I imagined, but it looks alright. I also lit it up goood.
 Still slowly digging out the lower half of my project, it's getting rather impressive if I do say so myself, what with the 14 block high ceiling with cobblestone chandeliers and the brick/cobblestone floor paths among other things.

If I may ask... what technique did you choose for obsidian harvesting, after all?

Either way, make sure to post pictures once it's done!  :D

Spiral42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: September 15, 2010, 06:19:54 pm »

[snip]
I can confirm that buckets do not melt in single-player. And, though I'm not 100% sure about SMP, I'm fairly certain the guys who were hauling magma yesterday would've complained if their buckets had been melting.  ;D

Gah, makes me think of the awful grog-haul puzzle in Monkey Island...
Add me on Steam: ColdSpiral

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: September 15, 2010, 06:56:54 pm »

If I may ask... what technique did you choose for obsidian harvesting, after all?
My gravel grid, I have to say it feels quite satisfying to use. And it has the sense of longevity in that if Notch does make buckets melt, It'll still work.

Taco Dan

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of aborted projects
    • View Profile
    • Shattered Monkey Gaming
« Reply #4105 on: September 15, 2010, 07:12:42 pm »

[snip]

Gah, makes me think of the awful grog-haul puzzle in Monkey Island...
What? That was actually a good puzzle.
I think I would remember if I had amnesia.
I'd like to remind everyone that half of the time I don't even know what I'm talking about. The other half of the time I only sort of know what I'm talking about.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: September 15, 2010, 09:23:59 pm »

Bumping.
Updated the Jaycraft Cartograph.
E: Later.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2010, 03:08:13 pm by jaybud4 »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: September 16, 2010, 08:20:23 am »

So, yeah, if you're looking for 100% return on your lava, use buckets. It's slower, but far more efficient.

I think you lose the bucket if you use a bucket of lava to fuel a furnace. That might be what people are thinking of.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: September 16, 2010, 08:56:05 am »

It's also that Notch mentioned having buckets of lava melt when tipped out as a possible addition. It was in a livestream I think as I remember him laughing maniacally afterwards.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: September 16, 2010, 10:47:47 am »

I imagine the rabble when he makes torches non-permanent in one of his secret friday updates.
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 1380