Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420880 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #9780 on: May 30, 2011, 07:11:32 am »

Ins't Industrial craft outdated?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9781 on: May 30, 2011, 12:01:03 pm »

Ins't Industrial craft outdated?
Unfortunately, yes. It still hasn't been updated to 1.6, so I had to make sure to make a copy of my minecraft folder, keeping one of them at version 1.5.01.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #9782 on: May 30, 2011, 02:15:24 pm »

Yeah. However, once Industrialcraft is up to date, you can use a vanilla map with it. It just won't generate the new ores and such unless you enter a previously un-genned region. It is also 1-way iirc, so if you do this, be sure to backup your vanilla save. I forget whether going back to vanilla crashes or not, but at the very least all your Industrialcraft blocks would disappear.

Overall, you're best off keeping 2 maps, 1 for vanilla, and 1 for Industrialcraft.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9783 on: May 30, 2011, 02:28:44 pm »

The vacuum pipes in the new buildcraft are appreciated, but I would have to update and I want to keep Industrialcraft around for this. Still problematic having to deal with an alternating redstone source instead of just an on or off states for the extractor pipes but whatever. I can design inelegant systems around that.

Gonna make myself a factory.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #9784 on: May 30, 2011, 02:41:04 pm »

Yeah. However, once Industrialcraft is up to date, you can use a vanilla map with it. It just won't generate the new ores and such unless you enter a previously un-genned region. It is also 1-way iirc, so if you do this, be sure to backup your vanilla save. I forget whether going back to vanilla crashes or not, but at the very least all your Industrialcraft blocks would disappear.

Overall, you're best off keeping 2 maps, 1 for vanilla, and 1 for Industrialcraft.
Before 1.4, it would crash.
Now it just deletes blocks that aren't defined, though I don't think he fixed items in that way.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9785 on: May 30, 2011, 04:43:08 pm »

Doesn't anyone else miss the old creative days?
Feeling quite nostalgic lately. Creative was FUN! You could fly around and just build random rainbows and stuff. Now there is actually work that has to be done and collection of materials. Hrmm..
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9786 on: May 31, 2011, 12:15:33 am »

Doesn't anyone else miss the old creative days?
Feeling quite nostalgic lately. Creative was FUN! You could fly around and just build random rainbows and stuff. Now there is actually work that has to be done and collection of materials. Hrmm..
Pretty sure you can still play creative if you want.

Single: http://www.minecraft.net/play.jsp
Multi-servers: http://www.minecraft.net/servers.jsp
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #9787 on: May 31, 2011, 07:57:43 am »

1.6.6 is out.

Changelist:

+ Added a new use for bonemeal
* Changed the material of glowstone from “glass” to “stone”. This means you need a pickaxe to get resources from it
* Made glowstone drop more loot
* Made the recipe sizes for creating cloth blocks and glowstone blocks smaller (2x2 instead of 3x3)
* Re-introduced unlimited FPS, renamed the option again
* Fixed beds not working very well at all in SMP
* Fixed destroying a boat spawning the player too low, causing them to sometimes fall through the ground
* Boats float up to the surface quicker
* Boats falling down into water lose their vertical momentum very fast
* Removed Herobrine

Is Notch trolling a little at the end there?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9788 on: May 31, 2011, 08:02:56 am »

What would that be?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9789 on: May 31, 2011, 08:58:22 am »

What would that be?
Warding off Herobrine.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9790 on: May 31, 2011, 09:22:37 am »

* Made glowstone drop more loot
* Made the recipe sizes for creating cloth blocks and glowstone blocks smaller (2x2 instead of 3x3)
Awesome.  I was hoping he'd adjust these.

I assume this is the one where a mob spawns on you every freaking time you sleep no matter how many spaces you leave and how many torches you use?

* Fixed destroying a boat spawning the player too low, causing them to sometimes fall through the ground
I also assume this fixes the minecart bug with the same issue as well.  (spawning below the cart when dismounting if there is only one block below the track)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9791 on: May 31, 2011, 09:25:44 am »

I assume this is the one where a mob spawns on you every freaking time you sleep no matter how many spaces you leave and how many torches you use?

I never had that problem in any version. I figured it was for the bed-occupied bug, and how often it would 'lose' the bed when you needed to be respawned.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9792 on: May 31, 2011, 09:28:25 am »

"+ Mushrooms now spreads (very) slowly"

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9793 on: May 31, 2011, 09:31:00 am »

"+ Mushrooms now spreads (very) slowly"

That was 1.6, not 1.6.6 though?
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9794 on: May 31, 2011, 09:39:36 am »

I never had that problem in any version. I figured it was for the bed-occupied bug, and how often it would 'lose' the bed when you needed to be respawned.
With 1.6 I started a new gargamel map and created a "small" house in the valley right near the spawn and while it rains a lot, I rarely get creature spawns (I think I've seen two skeletons and one cow) but when I go to sleep in my well lit house (10x10?) with the bed in the middle I always get a skeleton to spawn next to the bed.  I have not tried this in single player, only on the server on my Linux machine, with Windows client.
Pages: 1 ... 651 652 [653] 654 655 ... 1380