Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420227 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #9630 on: May 16, 2011, 09:36:35 am »

Oh, right :V

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9631 on: May 16, 2011, 09:39:05 am »

I prefer to make the generator then macerator first. Iron ore isn't unlimited, and trees are much easier to grow in large quantities.

Of course, I make the extractor right after. Only THEN I start upgrading to electric furnaces.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9632 on: May 16, 2011, 09:46:41 am »

Now I finally have IC, what should I aim for first? Being a total noob to all this modding business.
Get the juice extractor, then the macerator.

Maybe a metal furnace, too.

Well, last I checked, you kinda need a generator to power those things, so a generator first. Then quickly the extractor and macerator after that, followed by a metal furnace. Once you have those up and running, production speeds up immensely and it's really up to you what you want to build after that.
Feed 'em redstone until you can get a generator?

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9633 on: May 16, 2011, 10:08:30 am »

Now I finally have IC, what should I aim for first? Being a total noob to all this modding business.
Get the juice extractor, then the macerator.

Maybe a metal furnace, too.

Well, last I checked, you kinda need a generator to power those things, so a generator first. Then quickly the extractor and macerator after that, followed by a metal furnace. Once you have those up and running, production speeds up immensely and it's really up to you what you want to build after that.

C....can you do that? Not that I'd generally want to... but it WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW!!! *mumbles about crap documentation*

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9634 on: May 16, 2011, 10:12:37 am »

-snip-

C....can you do that? Not that I'd generally want to... but it WOULD BE NICE TO KNOW!!! *mumbles about crap documentation*
Yeah. It doesn't last long, though, but it's a good alternative until you get some batteries and a generator.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #9635 on: May 16, 2011, 11:18:16 am »

In my most recent world (IC v6.50), I did: Stone Furnace x2, Extractor (w/ redstone), Generator, Macerator, Electric Furnace.

102 planks for 8 copper cables is horrible, I wanted to only do that once.  (You don't have a chainsaw at that point.)

Edit: The official wiki mentions using redstone in its Getting Started Tutorial.  That may be where I learned of it.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 11:24:52 am by 0x517A5D »

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9636 on: May 16, 2011, 11:27:56 am »

Got IC working for server, going to be playing it with my fiancee, should be interesting.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9637 on: May 16, 2011, 01:38:02 pm »

I tried it in server mode, it's just as fun.

Be warned that both capacitor thingies don't display the current charge properly, but they work just fine.

102 planks for 8 copper cables is horrible, I wanted to only do that once.  (You don't have a chainsaw at that point.)

That's only 26 woods, or about 6 trees average. (also I cheat and use a single stone axe switching to some other slot at the last second before wood breaks, minimizing the damage ;))

Birches are probably the easiest to harvest since they don't grow branches and at worst, if you start cutting from the 2nd block upwards you can stand on the stump and reach the top block without problems.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 01:51:43 pm by Sergius »

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9638 on: May 16, 2011, 06:21:20 pm »

Got minecraft working again. So I just dump Risugami's loader and IC into the .jar file and then it should work?

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9639 on: May 16, 2011, 07:02:45 pm »

Finally found enough flowers to construct a nice looking barrow. Just finishing the path to it, and the floral arrangements, when a creeper shoves me off a cliff. Didn't explode at all. Shoved me. I had half a heart and there were three skeletons chilling out under the overhang of the cliff. Cold, calculating bastards.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9640 on: May 16, 2011, 07:05:48 pm »

I'm not getting any results from what I did to mod the game, at all. I thiiink I did something wrong, I just have no idea what.
EDIT: Yeah, something is broken. What is it? Where does the Modloader go, anyway?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 07:39:11 pm by blackmagechill »

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9641 on: May 16, 2011, 08:36:55 pm »

I'm not getting any results from what I did to mod the game, at all. I thiiink I did something wrong, I just have no idea what.
EDIT: Yeah, something is broken. What is it? Where does the Modloader go, anyway?

modloader goes into the minecraft jar, along with the mods that need to go in there. Although modloader supports, if the mod is made the right way, simply putting the zipped mod into a "mod" folder in the minecraft base directory

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9642 on: May 16, 2011, 08:41:39 pm »

Did you delete META-INF?

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9643 on: May 16, 2011, 08:44:47 pm »

Yep, made sure I did. Is there anywhere a mod should specifically go in the .jar file?

ein

• Bay Watcher
  • 勝利の女神はここよ~ 早く捕まえてぇ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #9644 on: May 16, 2011, 09:00:57 pm »

In with the class files.
If you are worried about dropping it into a folder, scroll down the list in winrar until it's only class files you see, then drag and drop.
And make sure you read any packaged readmes.
Seriously, always read them, especially if you get stuck.
Pages: 1 ... 641 642 [643] 644 645 ... 1380