Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420010 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8385 on: March 28, 2011, 05:18:55 pm »

Or you can build an entire house made of chests and put your stuff in only a few, they will have to be either very persistant or very lucky to find something
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8386 on: March 28, 2011, 05:19:44 pm »

Don't underestimate the persistence of griefers.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8387 on: March 28, 2011, 05:23:00 pm »

Or you can build an entire house made of chests and put your stuff in only a few, they will have to be either very persistant or very lucky to find something
The problem with that is chests can only be opened if the area on top of them is clear, since a house has alot of blocks covered by others it would be much easier to find the stuff.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8388 on: March 28, 2011, 05:25:56 pm »

The problem with that is chests can only be opened if the area on top of them is clear, since a house has alot of blocks covered by others it would be much easier to find the stuff.
And you can't put more then two chests next to each other.

Just hiding a chest under the floor seems like the safest bet (and have the square above it be the same material as the rest of the floor so no one suspects).
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8389 on: March 28, 2011, 05:39:47 pm »

IDE/Theory: Using v4.0, you can make 20 sets of 5 nukes on a switch wire, and then a hv at the end, make wires from that hv coil around your plot of land with periodical lightbulbs, which in turn have one open block of space under them then a farm of solars to produce even moar powahs, while the wire continues on until it gets to another hv, which the solars also feed into, at the other edge of your property, where a wall of cables with hv running through them meet the army of invading creepers.

Fuck off for good, creepers.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8390 on: March 28, 2011, 05:46:40 pm »

Edit:  Haven't tested it yet, but what happens if you:
Code: [Select]
MC
CM

M = MFE
C = Cable
It works sort of but seems like it would be unpredictable on a large scale. Using just 2 cables, 2 MFE and 1 generator the MFE that was next to the generator charged but the other didn't. Attaching a redstone circuit to the uncharging MFE made it charge. I hooked a macerator to each MFE and the one I turned on first's MFE drained all the charge from the  other MFE.

I might experiment with it later.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8391 on: March 28, 2011, 05:55:32 pm »

Or just blow it all up.

Unrelated note: a curiosity. While trying to set up my electro furnaces, I have:

. . M . .     M = MFE, . = empty space
w w w w w     w = wire
F F F F F     F = Electro Furnace

In trying to wire all five furnaces, the wire immediately under the MFE deconstructs itself whenever I try to add the two flanking wires. I can't imagine why this is the case. Is it a bug? I guess it might be in attempting to split the wire (though I thought that was possible). The wire stays there fine as long as it only goes in one direction.

I suppose I could just move the MFE up by I am working with limited space. Maybe I'll split the wires down each side and put my furnaces on the wall instead of the floor.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 06:01:53 pm by Niveras »

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8392 on: March 28, 2011, 06:05:35 pm »

Actually, the block deconstructing itself is a feature, not a bug. A wire can only be split in two directions, not three, as you are doing (to the furnace, to the left, to the right). Any split in the wires ought be done in a T branching pattern.
!!&!!

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8393 on: March 28, 2011, 06:24:56 pm »

Ah, that explains it, thanks. I think I will just make do with only 4 furnaces instead of my planned five.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8394 on: March 28, 2011, 06:55:26 pm »

Yeah. A normal wire can only connect to 3 other things with wire like properties.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8395 on: March 28, 2011, 08:39:33 pm »

Ah, that explains it, thanks. I think I will just make do with only 4 furnaces instead of my planned five.

Actually, five, and even, arbitrary numbers of whatever machine you want are entirely possible, just not in that layout
!!&!!

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8396 on: March 28, 2011, 08:46:05 pm »

Edit:  Haven't tested it yet, but what happens if you:
MC
CM

M = MFE
C = Cable
It works sort of but seems like it would be unpredictable on a large scale. Using just 2 cables, 2 MFE and 1 generator the MFE that was next to the generator charged but the other didn't. Attaching a redstone circuit to the uncharging MFE made it charge. I hooked a macerator to each MFE and the one I turned on first's MFE drained all the charge from the  other MFE.

I might experiment with it later.

Ok, I cheated to do my test and replicated a few MFEs and cable, and enough to make a nuke... but no more!

Now, we can only do a single thickness because of the 3 connection wire deal... but this is how it charged:

B, then C, then D... Now A was slowly filling up from the solar panels, and I technically added that after the Nuke was charging B, so I can't tell if that first one has a huge impact.  After A was filled, it stopped filling up MFEs ... I don't know if it was because I flubbed the order or what.  One odd thing I noticed is that U (the one all the way at the end) was filling up, 16 EU per tick the whole time.

I put a redstone torch next to one down the line (let's say M) and all the ones further down stopped (as expected) while it filled up with trickle charges.  There is a small amount of juice flowing to each one, but it's not consistent.  I placed a miner at the end and it slowly putted along as it got it's dose of 16 EU every now and then.  Placing a torch by it, letting it fill up a few thousand and breaking the torch made it suck all the juice out and go back to sputters.

It's consistent in that it fills up from the power station side first but it doesn't release it's energy on demand.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8397 on: March 28, 2011, 09:08:00 pm »

Well duh! You don't have enough energy imput to expect much. Replace those solars with a few topped off nukes, and watch and see if that idea works or fails. I'm quite interested.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8398 on: March 28, 2011, 09:25:38 pm »

I'd also like to point out that by pulling the wire back in that C shape, you shorted the central MFE in the solar array with that back generator, which probably killed your input "voltage".
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8399 on: March 28, 2011, 10:24:12 pm »

I thought about that, so I disconnected the solar from the loop and ran it solely on the nuclear in the water... It's not filling up any more.

Edit: After reloading, E started filling up.  Going to make another Nuke and see what happens.

Ok, 3 nuclear powering it up.  It seems to be filling from A - U with U filling up faster now.  I did a test and disconnected U.  T filled up pretty fast like U was.  After reconnecting U, T emptied it's contents into U.  It seems to favor the end node as well as the beginning node.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:46:57 pm by Andir »
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."
Pages: 1 ... 558 559 [560] 561 562 ... 1380