Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420043 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8370 on: March 28, 2011, 05:23:43 am »

How soon is soon?

Edit:

notch Markus Persson
So far, Minecraft is tracking 662 statistics. The stats list page is annoying. I need a tree list feature!

notch Markus Persson
Most of the stats are item usage and crafting info per item and block

notch Markus Persson
The plan is to release 1.4 this week. Stats and achievements require more work than expected.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 05:25:32 am by Briggsy16 »

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8371 on: March 28, 2011, 06:15:54 am »

I'm looking for a survival singleplayer mod that works similair to minecraft mania's signs.

Anyone know of one?

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8372 on: March 28, 2011, 06:57:29 am »

Question about industrial craft:
How do you destroy machinery (e.g. auto miner) without turning it into "machine"? I destroyed rubber extractor with metal pick and it turned into machine i would not like that to happen with autominer :/

Many things in industrialcraft simply cannot be recovered after placement, probably didn't want somebody with a pickaxe to be able to completely move shop with just a little inventory space.  You need to actually think about object placement.  Though I really wish that would have been made more clear and most folks didn't find out the hard way.

I think the miner is intended to be portable though, so that fully recovers.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8373 on: March 28, 2011, 07:58:31 am »

So apparently 1.4 is coming soon.
Damn it, there's still a lot of mods not updated to 1.3 and now we have to start the cycle over again.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8374 on: March 28, 2011, 08:57:41 am »

Damn it, there's still a lot of mods not updated to 1.3 and now we have to start the cycle over again.

I love you notch. Now where did that modding API go?
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8375 on: March 28, 2011, 09:07:54 am »

FINALLY!!

There is a way to kill slimes!

Invincible slimes are client side, and like the bug with tree leaves, they will vanish when you relog. Those slimes that can actually hurt you, however, are server side. Every time you kill one of those, log out, then back in. All it's mutant progeny will vanish. It's tedious, but no longer are slimes the bane of tunnel dwelling :D
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #8376 on: March 28, 2011, 09:48:05 am »

Question about industrial craft:
How do you destroy machinery (e.g. auto miner) without turning it into "machine"? I destroyed rubber extractor with metal pick and it turned into machine i would not like that to happen with autominer :/
I ended up choosing to "cheat a little bit" by temporarily installing the TooManyItems mod and giving myself inventory copies of anything that broke.

Edit: But it looks like it's a solved problem with the 4.00 update.  Also no more leaky MFEs.  (I wonder if that fix works for Switch Cables.)  Also, dangerous high voltage.  Also, lightbulbs.  Hayo!
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 09:55:27 am by 0x517A5D »

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8377 on: March 28, 2011, 09:52:55 am »

OK, here's an idea: Poke` mod.

Replaces all mobs with poke`mans. In addition to mining, you also craft poke~mon capture balls. These allow you to tame the porkymen.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 09:56:38 am by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8378 on: March 28, 2011, 10:12:27 am »

OK, here's an idea: Poke` mod.

Replaces all mobs with poke`mans. In addition to mining, you also craft poke~mon capture balls. These allow you to tame the porkymen.
Not exactly what you're thinking but just combine this texture pack with this mod.
Or maybe this one?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 10:14:19 am by Jack_Bread »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8379 on: March 28, 2011, 02:59:26 pm »

Hurr -"Do you want to update?  [Yes/No]"
That prompt ^ doesn't not exist for a very good reason.
Don't be a whiny jackass about updates.

In fact, it's entirely incredibly simple to just set up two copies of the game and forget your troubles (come on, get happy :V)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 03:03:11 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8380 on: March 28, 2011, 04:21:07 pm »

Gentlemen, Behold! My new generator setup!

They're thumbnails, click for better view.

The generator itself consists of 2 Switch Cables with 4 generators hooked to each. This gives a 40EU/s output when all are operating.

If I fill them all with charcoal I get 2,048,000 EU. I wanted to be able to be able to store at least as much energy as this thing could produce while full so I made this.

It's 15 MFE Transmitters hooked together. Spirals seem to be more space efficient than linear battery stacks. A smaller battery could be used by only partly filling the generator but I wanted a little overkill to test the design.

Now that I have this thing I don't know what to actually do with it though. Maybe I'll get lucky and he'll add an energy-matter converter or something.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 04:23:29 pm by Leonon »

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8381 on: March 28, 2011, 04:43:23 pm »

Two things... and one other.

1.  Cool
2.  I hate that the MFE recipe only gives you 1 now
3.  I never even thought to put my chests in the floor.  (Why didn't I think of that?)

Edit:  Haven't tested it yet, but what happens if you:
Code: [Select]
MC
CM

M = MFE
C = Cable
« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 04:45:03 pm by Andir »
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8382 on: March 28, 2011, 04:45:29 pm »

...in... The floor... That's pure genius. And if you cover it with some cobblestone, it's the perfect hiding place in a multiplayer server too!

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8383 on: March 28, 2011, 04:51:19 pm »

...in... The floor... That's pure genius. And if you cover it with some cobblestone, it's the perfect hiding place in a multiplayer server too!
I know you can't use a chest if it's covered by something, but I don't know if that applies to anything. (water?)  I have some testing to do tonight!
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8384 on: March 28, 2011, 04:54:36 pm »

Well you can just mime away the stone and put it back later. And if you put some stone everywhere it's not even that suspicious.
Pages: 1 ... 557 558 [559] 560 561 ... 1380