Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419743 times)

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8295 on: March 27, 2011, 10:28:11 am »

The best update to IndustrialCraft would be a simple, non-advertising version that simply describes what does what.

Yeah, very much so
I've played a guitar with my penis.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8296 on: March 27, 2011, 10:43:32 am »

Is there some special tool that you need to recover generators?

I was trying to recover my temporary generators as I upgrade my tech, but my first coal-burning generator seemed to disappear (I had assumed the block just flew off somewhere and I couldn't find it), and now my solar generator shattered like glass. An expensive loss when you're first setting up your generators.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8297 on: March 27, 2011, 10:45:52 am »

You do get either a generator (For special generators like the solarpanel) or a industrial block (macerator) back.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8298 on: March 27, 2011, 10:48:34 am »

A question, how do I make waterwheels generate power? Put them in water? Does it need to be flowing water? Or do I need buckets of water?

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8299 on: March 27, 2011, 10:49:30 am »

My MFE's charge to 29 then just quickly go back down and then up again without any sort of output other than into wires, wtf is wrong with them?
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8300 on: March 27, 2011, 10:52:57 am »

I admit that I do kinda like the way he advertises it, maybe because I actually play MNC which is the game Micky Cantor is from, who is the announcer he's emulating the style of.   HEYOO! (What no youtube vids of him saying Heyoo? that's his catchphrase!) AMAZING!

But yea a more serious explanation of what all the things do somewhere would be nice.  Maybe in the readme.

@C4lv1n Waterwheels take buckets of water.  Note that they barely produce any power per bucket.  Keep an infinite spring nearby.  Geothermals work the same way, but produce much more power per bucket.

@Niveras No special tools that I know of.  The industrial mod structures are often too complex to recover intact.  Donno wether that's intentional or just some kind of limitation.  Makes you think about where to place things.

@Saint MFEs need an ON redstone signal applied to them to make them store charge.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8301 on: March 27, 2011, 10:53:47 am »

Output devices like the electric furnace/macerator/extractor need a cycle charge (ie 1 item) to start working.
If your MFE doesn't have enough in storage for at least 1 cycle the charge in the output will be interrupted and vanish. And then it tries again.

Hence the up and down motion.
You can solve this by first charging the MFE a bit. There's three ways to do it. Put a fully charged battery in the bottom slot. Disconnect the output wires. Or get an on redstone current to the MFE.

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8302 on: March 27, 2011, 10:56:44 am »

You do get either a generator (For special generators like the solarpanel) or a industrial block (macerator) back.

Hmm, could it be a version issue then? I am apparently playing 3.57 (downloaded maybe a week ago) while the current version on the Minecraft forums seems to be 3.9 something.

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8303 on: March 27, 2011, 10:58:45 am »

Hmm, could it be a version issue then? I am apparently playing 3.57 (downloaded maybe a week ago) while the current version on the Minecraft forums seems to be 3.9 something.

Update to 3.93

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8304 on: March 27, 2011, 11:00:28 am »

@C4lv1n Waterwheels take buckets of water.  Note that they barely produce any power per bucket.  Keep an infinite spring nearby.  Geothermals work the same way, but produce much more power per bucket.

That's dumb, annoying, and messes up all my plans, is it only solar power and wind power that generate energy with no resources in? (Other than wind and light?)

EDIT:: Another question, does anyone know if cables dissipate power over long distances? I'd like to put a windfarm at the top of the mountain next to me, but it's a long way up, and any power generated could be lost.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 11:14:57 am by C4lv1n »

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8305 on: March 27, 2011, 11:18:14 am »

That's dumb, annoying, and messes up all my plans, is it only solar power and wind power that generate energy with no resources in? (Other than wind and light?)

EDIT:: Another question, does anyone know if cables dissipate power over long distances? I'd like to put a windfarm at the top of the mountain next to me, but it's a long way up, and any power generated could be lost.

From what the plugin maker said. Yes they do. But I don't know how much.
This is why I use solargenerators. I can just make a glass skylight tile in my cave.

Edit. You can get the amount of power running trough cables by using the EC manipulator.
I'm going to make one and then test it out.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 11:20:28 am by Empty »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8306 on: March 27, 2011, 11:21:06 am »

This is why I use solargenerators. I can just make a glass skylight tile in my cave.
Yes.
Put an MFE at the top and have it emit 50, that way, it will still degrade, but unless you're sending it 252 tiles, it will still reach your place with some charge.
Alternatively, place an MFE at every 6th tile from the previous (it degrades at 7, 12, 17...) and there will be zero degradation.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8307 on: March 27, 2011, 11:26:45 am »

I upgraded to 3.93, my extractor and macerator was completely destroyed when I attempted to move them (both placed in 3.57), as well as an MFE that I placed in 3.93 (but created in 3.57). However, I was able to collect generators from my solar collectors and the old MFE (the twin of the one I lost) when I used my drill. I guess they need pickaxes to collect, much like stone. (This might be a derp moment, I haven't played vanilla very much to know all its nuances or what carries over into mods.)

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8308 on: March 27, 2011, 11:30:00 am »

Thanks greiger.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8309 on: March 27, 2011, 11:30:18 am »

Yes.
Put an MFE at the top and have it emit 50, that way, it will still degrade, but unless you're sending it 252 tiles, it will still reach your place with some charge.
Alternatively, place an MFE at every 6th tile from the previous (it degrades at 7, 12, 17...) and there will be zero degradation.

Looks like I'll be making lots of MFEs then.
Pages: 1 ... 552 553 [554] 555 556 ... 1380