Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419565 times)

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8235 on: March 26, 2011, 12:03:50 pm »

I've having difficulty finding copper. I have what I feel is plenty of iron, at least for the time being, a little bit of tin, and have even found uranium, and untold mounds of coal (especially given you can turn wood into charcoal). Should I just keep delving caves and mining randomly?

Also, are there any texture packs that play nicely with IndustrialCraft, and does anyone have a preferred map visualizer that works with a windows GUI (as opposed to command line)?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 12:24:17 pm by Niveras »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8236 on: March 26, 2011, 12:08:59 pm »

Now that the MFE output rate is adjustable, they really ARE transformers.
Hahaha.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8237 on: March 26, 2011, 12:29:03 pm »

You can turn wood into charcoal? FFFFFF

I was working on my solar array, and instead of building solar plants, I built geothermal by mistake. -rage-

I find plenty of copper. The easiest thing lately, instead of making a tunnel and strip mining, is to find a natural cave or dungeon. Bring plenty of picks and torches, and clean the place out of easy to find ore. Strip mine it later if need be.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8238 on: March 26, 2011, 12:36:44 pm »

The Industrial mod is downright awesome, even early on because I am slowly getting more and more for it.
Plus, it is very helpful to have the recipe book modded in as well, considering that I cannot open mozilla or any other other browser while playing (has conflicting graphics cards the freeze the compewpew when a little more then something is being done).

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8239 on: March 26, 2011, 12:43:47 pm »

Two monitors, gotta love em'

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8240 on: March 26, 2011, 12:46:39 pm »

Even if I had that, having any other process besides mewcraft running when it does leaves my computer at very high risk of freezing.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8241 on: March 26, 2011, 02:01:44 pm »

EDIT: This post merged into a later one.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 02:50:15 pm by Jay »

Comp112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8242 on: March 26, 2011, 02:03:28 pm »

Can you explain how I do wiring? I only have the materials for one of your "Solar Flares". I understand having the MFE in the center, and placing a solar generator on each side, but how do I wire, and what do I wire it to?

poca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8243 on: March 26, 2011, 02:04:45 pm »

Even if I had that, having any other process besides mewcraft running when it does leaves my computer at very high risk of freezing.

I have never seen Minecraft crash my computer; haven't restarted in about 6.5 weeks. Sounds like you're using XP or Max but I thought I'd point out some things that have caused trouble. I've noticed Minecraft will crash since beta 1.3 if I take too many screenshots or leave the view distance on far. I've also noticed that leaving fullscreen leaves the game unresponsive to input.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8244 on: March 26, 2011, 02:04:58 pm »

Wiring discussion?

Oh fuck we've reached G-Mod levels.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8245 on: March 26, 2011, 02:11:52 pm »

As much as I'd like to at least try that crazy Industrial mod, I know I won't.  Partly it's because the incredibly sloppy OP makes it hard to understand and rambles on about a bunch of different machines without really explaining them, on top of insulting my intelligence.  But really, it's because I think I enjoy a simpler experience, or if its going to be complicated, it should be really involved.  Maybe I'll look at it again, but I like aesthetics in my crazy shit - if I'm going to make a "factory" the industrial stuff is going to be hidden within giant decorative blocks of fake machinery.

It would also be nice if graphics mods could effect the Industrial one, or at least have some available, because I don't find shiny white cubes very inspiring.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8246 on: March 26, 2011, 02:12:59 pm »

I have never seen Minecraft crash my computer; haven't restarted in about 6.5 weeks. Sounds like you're using XP or Max but I thought I'd point out some things that have caused trouble. I've noticed Minecraft will crash since beta 1.3 if I take too many screenshots or leave the view distance on far. I've also noticed that leaving fullscreen leaves the game unresponsive to input.
Vista. My problem is that I have both an integrated graphics card that doesn't work for mewcraft (it's disabled, but the driver is still there), and the NVIDIA that I use for MC.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8247 on: March 26, 2011, 02:13:37 pm »

I think with just 4 solars and a MFE in the middle, you could get away with a wire under the MFE and call it a day.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8248 on: March 26, 2011, 02:14:26 pm »

Vista. My problem is that I have both an integrated graphics card that doesn't work for mewcraft (it's disabled, but the driver is still there), and the NVIDIA that I use for MC.
Oh. I found your problem. Mewcraft doesn't exist. No wonder it crashes your machine when you run it.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8249 on: March 26, 2011, 02:19:03 pm »

EDIT: This post merged into one further down.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 02:49:59 pm by Jay »
Pages: 1 ... 548 549 [550] 551 552 ... 1380