Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419898 times)

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8100 on: March 20, 2011, 11:42:07 pm »

I have IndustrialCraft so I can cook stuff faster. My home had a hole in it for some reason and a creeper came in and blew up. While I was looking at the damage, another creeper came in and blew up. I was left with 3 hearts and my shelter was destroyed. But not only that, the creeper apparently completely obliterated my extractor and chests. I'm have trouble with iron and an extractor requires 8 refined iron(cooked iron ingots) to make. It was terrible. :(
I searched that mod. ITS FUCKIN AWESOME! Seriously. I must try it when I get the chance.

Checked out this video for this mod.
'I really want to know what this green stuff is.
Oh, what?
Uran... Uranium!
Wow, this is awesome.'

Do want.
IKR. The part I like the most is the fact with enough stuff, you can make diamonds.

Of course, it requires a slice of obsidian, and all of the machines in some form.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8101 on: March 21, 2011, 12:03:08 am »

Yea that industrial mod is pretty sweet.

Not kidding about it being an after you did everything else mod though.  Just to make a macerator I need 36 bars of copper alone, just for the circuits..  Which I can't smelt efficiently because I don't have a...macerator.... and that's not counting the rubber (64 rubber needed, a little over 4 logs per unit of rubber without an extractor...which itself would need 32 units of rubber and 18 copper), and iron and redstone also needed.  The 3 stone picks might as well not even be an ingredient by comparison.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8102 on: March 21, 2011, 12:34:41 am »

I like using Death Chest, when you die, all your items get put in a chest (so you don't lose them if you can't get to them in time), and so that you don't have to run around looking for your items if you die in the ocean/on a hill.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8103 on: March 21, 2011, 02:38:17 am »

Yea that industrial mod is pretty sweet.

Not kidding about it being an after you did everything else mod though.  Just to make a macerator I need 36 bars of copper alone, just for the circuits..  Which I can't smelt efficiently because I don't have a...macerator.... and that's not counting the rubber (64 rubber needed, a little over 4 logs per unit of rubber without an extractor...which itself would need 32 units of rubber and 18 copper), and iron and redstone also needed.  The 3 stone picks might as well not even be an ingredient by comparison.
The cable recipe produces 8 cables, so it only takes 6 copper bars. Also, from experience, copper and tin are really common. I ignore them as much as coal, now.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8104 on: March 21, 2011, 03:44:58 am »

They're common as fuck, but take AGES to mine, unless you have a drill. Trust me when I say beeline for the drill. Ignore other shit which uses your copper/tin until you have it, up to including manually extracting rubber.
If you go STRAIGHT for it, it will take:
x8 Cobblestone
x9 Tin (Evil to dig out. The less you need, the better.)
x4 Redstone Dust
x42(!!) Logs
x6 Copper (Evil to dig out. The less you need, the better.)
x17 Iron
And this gives you:
x1 Drill
x1 Generator
x6 Wire

EDIT: As far as the mod goes, my new favorite part goes out to Reinforced stone. Creeper proof, fuck yeah!
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 04:00:25 am by breadbocks »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8105 on: March 21, 2011, 04:09:01 am »

Argh. Iron. I can barely find any of the stuff on my world. The drill requires 7 of them. -_-
Also, I don't really have a problem mining tin and copper with my diamond pick. It's strange how difficult it is to mine, though.
EDIT: ALSO, I hate how trying to get anything that requires machine block to build drops a machine block. I was moving my macerator and I was surprised when it dropped the damn machine block. :(
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 04:14:42 am by Jack_Bread »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8106 on: March 21, 2011, 04:36:41 am »

Drill requires 17 if you include the generator, most of which need to be refined.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8107 on: March 21, 2011, 05:38:19 am »

Drill requires 17 if you include the generator, most of which need to be refined.
Yeah. I found 9 iron ores, put it in the macerator, and cooked the dust. 18 ingots. :D Also, I found out I have four left over diamonds. ;D
Mo' Creatures is somewhat incompatible with IndustrialCraft, it seems. I am unable to craft saddles. :\
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 05:48:06 am by Jack_Bread »

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8108 on: March 21, 2011, 07:06:10 am »

The cable recipe produces 8 cables, so it only takes 6 copper bars. Also, from experience, copper and tin are really common. I ignore them as much as coal, now.

Good god that is a relief.  And glad I heard it.  I was gunna gather all the resources first THEN try crafting.  I must of played too much Wurm online for that to not seem like an absurd amount of resources. (deforest a square kilometer of old growth forest to make a dinghy *shudder*)

As for copper and tin being so hard to mine that industrial pick folder that came with the mod seems to solve it.  It defaults to on in the config so I assumed it's part of the intended use, copper and tin become about as difficult to mine with a stone pick as iron.  And while uranium seems to require better than a stone pick to actually receive something, it only takes about as long as redstone to actually dig out.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #8109 on: March 21, 2011, 01:22:26 pm »

Hmmm. I saw the movie Rango last night. I swear it has creepers in it. These strange scraggly plant things that scuttle along on their roots. And in a dream sequence one of them looks at the main character with a glowing creeper face.

They didn't explode, though. I was a bit disappointed about that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8110 on: March 21, 2011, 01:24:13 pm »

Creeper proof, fuck yeah!
Goddamn finally!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8111 on: March 21, 2011, 02:19:37 pm »

I'd like to see a mod designed for multiplayer.

There are a few ways this could allow for big improvements; perhaps special recipes that give big savings in bulk (such as producing 40 iron picks with only as much material as you need for 30.

Other things would be a complex tech tree that allows you to have a meaningfully varied game while still being somewhat specialized. So you could be a miner and still get to do things other than dig, or a farmer and do things other than plant.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8112 on: March 21, 2011, 02:24:54 pm »

I'd like to see a mod designed for multiplayer.

There are a few ways this could allow for big improvements; perhaps special recipes that give big savings in bulk (such as producing 40 iron picks with only as much material as you need for 30.

Other things would be a complex tech tree that allows you to have a meaningfully varied game while still being somewhat specialized. So you could be a miner and still get to do things other than dig, or a farmer and do things other than plant.

That's what we have Bukkit for. There's already a working custom recipes mod. And for the specializing, I've seen a well made "skills" mod that increases your ability to do things based on stats/skill level. I'm sure it has support for starting off with whatever stats you need.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #8113 on: March 21, 2011, 02:38:48 pm »

SKILLS!? SKIIIILS?!?!?!

PTTG, Forumite, cancels post: too insane.
The Minecraft thread has been toppled!

Anyway, oh yeah. I'm really looking forward to Bukkit, but it seems to be stalled or something.

Ah, I've got something- bulk processing of metal and stone to produce a creeper-proof block for reinforced exterior walls.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 02:45:42 pm by PTTG?? »
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8114 on: March 21, 2011, 02:57:02 pm »

Anyway, oh yeah. I'm really looking forward to Bukkit, but it seems to be stalled or something.
Hmm.  Aren't you the one that was being extremely averse to hMod for some inexplicable reason?
CraftBukkit is virtually identical from a server admin's point of view o.O

That said, Bukkit is certainly not stalled.  It's in development, as it will be for the foreseeable future.
Anybody can download a snapshot of the latest git commits, however.
I almost added those skills to Jaycraft, but then I decided not to.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries
Pages: 1 ... 539 540 [541] 542 543 ... 1380