Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420015 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8070 on: March 18, 2011, 01:27:35 pm »

I dont see any problem with what your doing. Its annoying, but all you have to do is simply have two complete minecraft files in different areas, then use the new "Set game's location on hard drive" feature on the new launcher to the one you want. You'd have to do it every time you switched, but its a lot easier then the other suggestions.
Setting up a batch file once to do that for you is harder than doing it every single time?  What?
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8072 on: March 18, 2011, 03:09:43 pm »

I dont see any problem with what your doing. Its annoying, but all you have to do is simply have two complete minecraft files in different areas, then use the new "Set game's location on hard drive" feature on the new launcher to the one you want. You'd have to do it every time you switched, but its a lot easier then the other suggestions.
Setting up a batch file once to do that for you is harder than doing it every single time?  What?
Your jargon lost me.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8073 on: March 18, 2011, 03:21:18 pm »

Your jargon lost me.
So my explanation of the fact that the batch file won't break your computer (because technically it is editing a system variable that Windows needs to function, although it's actually not doing any editing) made it hard to use?
Fine, if you don't want to know any of the background information behind it (completely un-befitting of the Bay12 forums, but whatever)

Idiot's Guide to "Automatic" Multiple Minecraft Installations
1) Open Notepad
2)
Code: [Select]
set APPDATA = wherever/the/data/you/want/this/instance/to/use/is (ex. "C:\Games\Minecraft Folder\data1" )
path/to/Minecraft.exe (ex. "C:\Games\Minecraft Folder\Minecraft.exe" )
(Obviously, change the directories to match -- Encase in quotation marks if there are spaces, and keep in mind that it will make a .minecraft subfolder in the data directory)
3) Save as ANYTHING.bat (make sure to select ALL FILES, for the extension, not .txt!)
4) Repeat as necessary for the number of different copies of the game you want.  Obviously, save with a different filename.
5) Run these instead of the launcher as needed.

EDIT: Numbers derped when I added a step.
Note that this will NOT work if you have actually changed the directory that the launcher looks for files in.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 04:39:53 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8074 on: March 18, 2011, 03:40:12 pm »

Jay, your avatar is fitting.

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8075 on: March 18, 2011, 05:17:19 pm »

I decided I'd had enough of lions attacking me while I try to tame horses. I now have a Gatling gun and 416 rounds of ammunition.

There will be no survivors.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8076 on: March 18, 2011, 07:14:13 pm »

I decided I'd had enough of lions attacking me while I try to tame horses. I now have a Gatling gun and 416 rounds of ammunition.

What?
Lions in minecraft? When?
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8077 on: March 18, 2011, 07:18:03 pm »

What?
Lions in minecraft? When?
Since mods.

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8078 on: March 18, 2011, 07:18:46 pm »

Mo Creatures mod, I'm guessing. There's a setting to make hunters, like the lion, not target horses.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8079 on: March 18, 2011, 07:42:50 pm »

Alright, I have to say it about the latest video Notch put out.

BAWWWWWWWWWWWW
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8080 on: March 18, 2011, 08:06:06 pm »

Currently attempting to beable to purchase things online so I'm hoping to get this soon. That said I'm betting its gonna end up taking another week or two if at all while I try to sort this stuff out.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8081 on: March 18, 2011, 10:12:54 pm »

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

JacenHanLovesLegos

• Bay Watcher
  • A medium-sized creature prone to great ambition.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8083 on: March 20, 2011, 06:28:14 pm »

I just burnt my house down attempting to make a cobblestone generator. Note to self, wood is bad building material.
As it turns out, the pen was in fact a poor choice for melee combat in comparison to the sword.
So I just started playing this game and I accidentally nuked the moon.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #8084 on: March 20, 2011, 07:13:25 pm »

Wood is a great building material, but for show only, for functionality use cobblestone or bricks, plus it's nice to separate areas with different uses by building them out of different materials, you have your main show off house made from wood, a basement or an attachment made from bricks and stone and a third even flashier part made from gold or diamonds
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 537 538 [539] 540 541 ... 1380