Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420613 times)

poca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #7920 on: March 11, 2011, 04:39:24 pm »

That's a nice plan for the weekend you have there... Be a shame if anything happened to it...  :P
SSSsss
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7921 on: March 11, 2011, 04:53:00 pm »

I got a new computer, and now minecraft has boxes around each cube, when they're far away. Screenshots:

My graphics card is ATI Radeon 5700. Not sure what's causing this. And I did google search it, came up with nothing. My google-fu is weak. Any ideas?

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: March 11, 2011, 04:56:30 pm »

That's a nice plan for the weekend you have there... Be a shame if anything happened to it...  :P
SSSsss

Don't you dare ever link TvTropes again. I've developed an immunity to it. A much larger portion of the forums, however, have not. In all likelyhood, you cost a great number of people an insane amount of time.

But yeah. TT has a page for just about everything.

fluffy, IIRC, that's just how it is rendered. It looks normal to me.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7923 on: March 11, 2011, 04:59:46 pm »

Eh, I dont remember that happening on my old laptop's integrated graphics card. Whatever, I'll roll with it.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7924 on: March 11, 2011, 06:06:06 pm »

It depends on the rendering hardware.  Different graphics chips handle the same input in different ways sometimes.

Doesn't really seem all that noticeable at least, I had to struggle to see what you were talking about.

(But then again I have an ATI RADEON 4600 so I may just experience the same thing and just not notice it.)
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7925 on: March 11, 2011, 06:07:22 pm »

ATI HD4800 here, and I get the same thing. I'm pretty sure it's normal.

poca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7926 on: March 11, 2011, 06:11:31 pm »

Don't you dare ever link (redacted) again. I've developed an immunity to it. A much larger portion of the forums, however, have not. In all likelyhood, you cost a great number of people an insane amount of time.

I thought I was immune too. You'll be back!  :D

I've redacted that website's name from my quote of your post but you should really be careful about throwing that name around anywhere.  ;D

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: March 11, 2011, 06:51:46 pm »

Don't you dare ever link (redacted) again. I've developed an immunity to it. A much larger portion of the forums, however, have not. In all likelyhood, you cost a great number of people an insane amount of time.

I thought I was immune too. You'll be back!  :D

I've redacted that website's name from my quote of your post but you should really be careful about throwing that name around anywhere.  ;D

I'm totally immune. I can quit any time I want.

Any time I want.

Any time...

... god damn it.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: March 11, 2011, 07:04:23 pm »

Biggest goddamn cave system I've ever seen, but totally devoid of anything but iron and redstone (and tiny bit of gold).  Finally found four diamonds.  Blown into lava by a creeper peeking over my shoulder.

I didn't lose anything else of real value though.  I'm just amazed by this cave system.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: March 11, 2011, 07:28:43 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's normal.
Nope.

Just an artifact of ATI cards being terrible about OpenGL.  Always have been, presumably always will be.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: March 11, 2011, 10:01:03 pm »

Biggest goddamn cave system I've ever seen, but totally devoid of anything but iron and redstone (and tiny bit of gold).  Finally found four diamonds.  Blown into lava by a creeper peeking over my shoulder.

I didn't lose anything else of real value though.  I'm just amazed by this cave system.

You have no idea how insane these cave systems can get.... I got sick of exploring mine. They never end. I am starting to assume that every underground cave is connected to each other. I have to bring signs with me to avoid getting lost. Thought it was just the spot I was on, moved about 2 miles away..... more caves.

UPDATE: I have finished my town hall basic layout, rooms not yet added, (if someone gives me awesomely detailed (super noob here) instructions on posting pictures because my previous attempts have failed then I will post pics.) and completed the first phase of my railroad system from my main fort to my empty town of loneliness. The first phase includes 3 parallel railways and 2 station layouts. They stretch for who knows how long and I have so far used >3000 wood. Now all I need to do is add supports just for the hell of it, fix up the stations, remove the dirt and series of bunkers used to be safe for the night, and add what I assume to be ~500 railroad tracks, which means I need 180 iron bars.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #7931 on: March 11, 2011, 10:11:08 pm »

Press F1 to hide the UI, F2 to take a screenshot. Go to some image hosting site like img.ie or imgur.com and locate the image on your computer. It will be in your folder in Application Data (or AppData) in the .minecraft folder. There might be some subfolders, depending on your version of Windows. Just searching for .minecraft in those and should find it. Can also easily find the AppData folder by typing %appdata% in the explorer address bar thing.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: March 11, 2011, 10:52:42 pm »

And how do I post them on threads? Just links? How do I put them in the actual thread under spoilers?

And apparently I already had all 300 iron at home XD. 53 iron left.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #7933 on: March 11, 2011, 10:56:31 pm »

When you upload an image, it should give you a list of links, among which is something like "forum link" or something similar to that. Just copy it and put it down in here. Can also just right-click the image itself and use the "copy image location" or similar and paste it in here, with or without [img] tags.

GamerKnight

• Bay Watcher
  • All hail Urist McNoble and his adamantium socks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: March 11, 2011, 10:57:23 pm »

WOOO!!! I have a desert/mountain/forestplain biome, stuffed with minerals. There are tons of sheep, so I'm building my house out of wool. (I use an old alpha version of MineCraft)
Love is just a chemical. We give it meaning by choice.

Dwarf Fortress : Crimes Against Nature, Man, God, Sanity and Simple Common Sense Simulator.

Dwarf Fortress: Turning men into monsters, and kittens into food since 2006.
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 1380