Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2421867 times)

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #7590 on: February 22, 2011, 02:30:45 pm »

Gah, the good looking slabs have to be made with smoothstone now.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7591 on: February 22, 2011, 02:55:03 pm »

Anyone else having trouble getting the new launcher to log in? I tried it last night, after downloading it, and it worked, but now it just spits out "can't connect to minecraft.net" repeatedly.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7592 on: February 22, 2011, 03:18:12 pm »

I can't wait for the day this thing is finally using a stable API.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #7593 on: February 22, 2011, 04:00:02 pm »

Anyone else having trouble getting the new launcher to log in? I tried it last night, after downloading it, and it worked, but now it just spits out "can't connect to minecraft.net" repeatedly.
Same.  I haven't been able to connect even once.  So I haven't downloaded any of the new packages.  I don't know if they're overloaded or down.

Do they have anything on their website that reports their server statuses?  I couldn't find it.  IMO, it should be on the Minecraft home page.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #7594 on: February 22, 2011, 04:12:54 pm »

Notch mentioned minecraft.net was having login issues again.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7595 on: February 22, 2011, 04:46:57 pm »

The new launcher is buggered, just use the old one if you still have it. It works fine.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7596 on: February 22, 2011, 04:52:03 pm »

Considering we now have the ability to set the seed do you think we could set up another thread for the trading of seeds? Maybe we could even figure out how they work to generate maps.
I've played a guitar with my penis.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7597 on: February 22, 2011, 05:04:04 pm »

Considering we now have the ability to set the seed do you think we could set up another thread for the trading of seeds? Maybe we could even figure out how they work to generate maps.
A noble endeavor. Of course, you'd probably have to traverse and mine a pretty massive area to really get a feel for how one seed differed from another, so I suspect it wouldn't really be feasible to actually figure them out.

Seed trading might be worthwhile, but it could be a bit overspecialized for its own topic.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #7598 on: February 22, 2011, 07:02:28 pm »

I started a new world with 'Dwarf' as the seed (case sensitive and minus the quotes). You start off immediately next to a mountainside with water nearby, the mountainside has a freezing biome next to it (plenty of snow), and immediately as you look upon the mountain, a cave system is visible.

Oh, and I'm loving that you can craft beds now, the additional types of half-bricks is nice too.

EDIT:
There's a mountain range, and more cave systems than I expected. Overall, a nice seed.

EDIT EDIT:
Holy crap. There's a cave system next to a river not too far a walk from the spawn (non snowy place, past a lone tree on a hill visible from spawn (has flowers before it), to the right from the initial cave I mentioned.) that is just darkness within. I'm gonna need lots of coal. You'll know the cave I'm talking about when you see iron deposits on the entrance floor.

Turns out the initial cave system also leads to the other cave system I was talking about. :)

EDIT EDIT EDIT:
As it turns out, the cave is disappointingly tiny, but it provides 4 iron immediately. Plenty for a steel item. The initial cave makes a nice little starter home. Just takes a moment to gather the materials needed to make it livable.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:01:45 pm by Itnetlolor »

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #7599 on: February 22, 2011, 07:25:33 pm »

Finally caved and bought this, after having a shrodingers account since that time it all crashed and he gave the game away for free...

And it's buggered. Trying to start a single player game, or join a server, and it crashes.

The new launcher is buggered, just use the old one if you still have it. It works fine.

Doesn't work.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7600 on: February 22, 2011, 07:45:49 pm »

Damn, new version blackscreens/crashes even faster than the old one :/

MUST BUILT CASTLE >_<!

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7601 on: February 22, 2011, 09:13:28 pm »

Yeah, I was going fine for a good long while but I got a black screen all of a sudden sometime through. Yes, with all these confirmations, a hotfix is needed.
!!&!!

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7602 on: February 22, 2011, 11:20:54 pm »

Hey whats up with my Minecraft running better Smoother in browser then client?
It should not work that way
Thank you based dwarf.

alfie275

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7603 on: February 23, 2011, 12:11:47 am »

Maybe we could even figure out how they work to generate maps.
Im pretty sure it jsut seeds the random number generator.
I do LP of videogames!
See here:
http://www.youtube.com/user/MrAlfie275

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #7604 on: February 23, 2011, 12:20:02 am »

It's literally the same as DF in that regard; it's not going to be the sort of thing you can manage to 'manipulate' via recognizing patterns.
Pages: 1 ... 505 506 [507] 508 509 ... 1380