Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2422577 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #7320 on: January 21, 2011, 03:28:00 pm »

Not sure. Shoveling sand is pretty quick, so I was basically holding down w while shoveling so it'd go as fast as possible.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7321 on: January 21, 2011, 07:51:59 pm »

Thank god for better servers. I was afraid I'd never be able to play SMP again.

Duke, since you read this topic often and I just found this, I like your hat.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7322 on: January 21, 2011, 08:12:47 pm »

I struck diamond for the first time. Also first time ive seen redstone. Anybody got any ideas on what to do with them?
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7323 on: January 21, 2011, 09:00:41 pm »

Surround redstone with gold bars for a watch. Use the diamond for a sword so fights are easier. Save the rest up for a pick for eventual obsidian farming.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7324 on: January 21, 2011, 09:05:41 pm »

Already got a pick, keeping it for the Nether gate. Only have 1 spare diamond. Haven't found gold or anything other than coal, iron, diamond, redstone.
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7325 on: January 21, 2011, 09:07:14 pm »

Jukebox?
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7326 on: January 21, 2011, 09:11:44 pm »

Oh wait cavern. Magma does make for good lighting sometimes.

EDIT: Also some gold and iron, beh. using coal is a-okay with me. I have loads anyway..
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 09:21:29 pm by Ochita »

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7327 on: January 21, 2011, 09:25:01 pm »

Do you guys play SSP vanilla or modded?

To be honest, if you do, your missing out. If not for anything other then the lack of framerates in a unmodded version. If your willing to give a non-game-changing mod a try, try downloading Optimine. Watch your FPS raise by about 10. Actually made my MC playable on anything other then tiny.

I am mostly say no to major game-changing mods, but ones I do enjoy are any and all visual mods (Like Betterlight, Bettergrass, and SDL Shaders) and Mo' Creatures. Only the fox and birds from Mo's, though. The rest of them take away from minecraft's original feel.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7328 on: January 21, 2011, 10:01:25 pm »

Bah...
I'm having some weird issue with my current world. I'll be playing along for hours and then suddenly the game will freeze with a black screen. Then I have to kill it with the task manager, and when I reload then I'm in the exact same place, but with a few actions undone and some changes undone to container contents. I'd just put all my valuables into a chest abot an hour before the last one happened, and when I went back the chest contents had reverted to before I'd put the stuff in, but my inventory was the same... so there went a bunch of iron into the void.

Is this some kind of known bug, or is my world corrupted or what? It only started happening after I visited a new area, which caught fire shortly after (lava pond + dense forest = flaming countryside). No idea if that's related.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7329 on: January 21, 2011, 10:30:40 pm »

A bit of both, I think. Happens to lots of people, check the bug lists on the wiki for "Resetting Chunks", and black screens after a few hours are a sign that you should regen a new world, but it could be a multitude of non-save-related issues. Things happen.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7330 on: January 22, 2011, 02:05:31 am »

I get that a lot. Black screen crash, same position and inventory, but all unsaved chunks revert to their last saved state. I get around it by bringing up the menu (which saves the map) now and then, so that it's always got a recent saved state. Damn annoying, though. Especially when mining. Spawning in solid rock isn't fun. (So if you get the problem, always, always, save before entering a newly excavated space, I cannot stress this enough)

Honestly, I'm really waiting for the Nether to be made more useful. Yeah, the space compression is nice, but aside from that there's very little motivation to do anything, and once something nice is added, all the old chunks won't have it (like perhaps a greater abundance (than in realspace, since none are found there now) of ores in the netherack, making mining operations there worthwhile). I suppose by then there'd be motivation enough to regen a new world, and just deleting the Nether folder from a world would mean it could be regenned with any new features, but still... I suppose there's not much reason to avoid it, aside from the horrible noises and the constant threat of horrible death by Ghast (who make it almost impossible to do anything on the surface, since they spawn in ever greater numbers until there's a sea of fireballs everywhere)...
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #7331 on: January 22, 2011, 03:54:45 pm »

Dont you love not taking a flint&steel and seeing a ghast destroy your portal. On the first time there?

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7332 on: January 22, 2011, 07:01:27 pm »

Oh, that's easy to solve. Just stand in front of the portal and wait for another fireball, dodge it, and the portal should be reactivated. I've had that happen before, and that works after a few tries. Especially if you've got a non-netherack base around the portal, so it doesn't get chewed up by misses.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7333 on: January 23, 2011, 09:35:20 pm »

Oh no....
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

They've found out.
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7334 on: January 23, 2011, 11:16:56 pm »

Oh wait cavern. Magma does make for good lighting sometimes.

EDIT: Also some gold and iron, beh. using coal is a-okay with me. I have loads anyway..

There's no reason anymore to use planks instead of coal for fuel. Last update added making charcoal from tree trunks at a furnace, which are more efficient than the same trunk into planks (with the fuel used to create it taken into account), and you can use charcoal anyway to make torches.
Pages: 1 ... 487 488 [489] 490 491 ... 1380