Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2423229 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Like Infiniminer but in Java and in Alpha
« Reply #6990 on: December 21, 2010, 11:06:05 pm »

There's no white ore in the Beta raws. I call shenanigans, or a texturepack glitch.

Nistenf

• Bay Watcher
  • The cake is a lie
    • View Profile
« Reply #6991 on: December 21, 2010, 11:06:37 pm »

There's no way to play this game without buying it, right? I just can't afford it

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6992 on: December 21, 2010, 11:11:44 pm »

There's no way to play this game without buying it, right? I just can't afford it
There is Creative Mode, aka Minecraft Classic. you can build stuff with other people, but theres no biomes, monsters, nether, inventory (you have unlimited everything, but TNT doesn't work usually), no redstone, or minecarts.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Like Infiniminer but in Java and in Beta
« Reply #6993 on: December 22, 2010, 04:26:50 pm »

Oh man, let's fix that title right there!

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6994 on: December 22, 2010, 04:33:33 pm »

Hooray, no more tree lag! Too bad I have to work furiously on Christmas presents for a few days. Oh well, turning the draw distance back to Far can be my reward for a hard week's work. :D

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Minecraft: Beta Block Breaking Game!
« Reply #6995 on: December 22, 2010, 04:38:51 pm »

Oh man, let's fix that title right there!
We really aught to just clear the Infiniminer thing entirely, as it is no longer the groundbreaking popular game it was when Rhodan wrote that title.
...Rhodan has also been conspicuously absent from this thread.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6996 on: December 22, 2010, 05:03:54 pm »

I bought this game literally the day before it went beta. Hell yeah, free updates, all the way.

Then I made a large tower with circular stairs that led to a pleasant viewing platform with waterfalls installed around the edges. Hell yeah, getting into this whole 'thing'.

Then I tried to make a lava moat covered by glass around the outside. It was too close and the resulting fire burned down the entire island.

Just hell yeah.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 05:05:36 pm by Jackrabbit »

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #6997 on: December 22, 2010, 05:37:22 pm »

There you go, changed the title.  I was too busy playing Minecraft to actually post in this thread.
Also, Minecraft is even awesomer with the right mods, haven't seen those mentioned here a lot.
Can't wait until the better ones get update to the latest version.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #6998 on: December 22, 2010, 05:43:06 pm »

There you go, changed the title.  I was too busy playing Minecraft to actually post in this thread.
Also, Minecraft is even awesomer with the right mods, haven't seen those mentioned here a lot.
Can't wait until the better ones get update to the latest version.
I haven't explored those much. Any suggestions?
I bought this game literally the day before it went beta. Hell yeah, free updates, all the way.

Then I made a large tower with circular stairs that led to a pleasant viewing platform with waterfalls installed around the edges. Hell yeah, getting into this whole 'thing'.

Then I tried to make a lava moat covered by glass around the outside. It was too close and the resulting fire burned down the entire island.

Just hell yeah.
Heh, yeah. I'm glad I got it during Alpha. So, if the updates don't come free for those who bought it with beta... how exactly does that work?
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6999 on: December 22, 2010, 06:15:37 pm »

I haven't explored those much. Any suggestions?

Well, a favourite of mine is the Biometerrain mod that lets you change all kinds of settings in the terrain generator so you can have larger biomes, floating islands, more dungeons, different ore distributions and so on.  The best part of this mod are the new tree types that appear in certain biomes.
There are also various mods that add mobs like humans, bears, wolves, lions and even cave-digging trolls and rideable horses/unicorns/pegasi.
Other mods try to balance things up a bit, such as giving you more stairs for your sticks, or letting you turn wool into thread.
The "Fancypack" mod adds a lot of new items like chairs, tables, clay crafts, bone crafts, lanterns, metal crafts, roads, potted plants and farmable versions of each plant.
The "Minecart Mania" mod lets you place boosters, switches, delays, reversals and more on tracks so you can make proper transportation systems.
The "Controllerblock" mod allows you to place blocks that change type or appear/disappear when the controller block is powered. Awesome for making drawbridges, hidden doors, traps and even moving windmills.

I can just keep going though, the variety of mods is near endless.  My favourite is probably the one that lets you pick up chickens and float down from cliffs with them.

breadbocks

• Bay Watcher
  • A manacled Mentlegen. (ಠ_ృ)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7000 on: December 22, 2010, 06:42:06 pm »

Hell yeah for PM prodding. B)
Clearly, cakes are the next form of human evolution.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7001 on: December 22, 2010, 06:44:13 pm »

Heh, yeah. I'm glad I got it during Alpha. So, if the updates don't come free for those who bought it with beta... how exactly does that work?
Beta people get all updates free until release. then they only get bug fixes free.
I'm probably off a bit, though.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

FluffyToast J

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7002 on: December 22, 2010, 08:07:23 pm »

Notch has fixed the epic lag from leaf drop, now, apparently. Will report back after I've tested a bit.

Edit: Yep, definitely fixed. While not recording with Fraps, my fps went from 100(before beta), to 20(beta update) to 100 again (latest patch)
I heart Notch.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 01:50:34 am by FluffyToast J »

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #7003 on: December 22, 2010, 08:28:53 pm »

I'm really glad that leaf decay is back. Makes cutting down trees so much easier (and less flammable).

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7004 on: December 22, 2010, 09:12:02 pm »

only YOU can prevent forest fires.
Pages: 1 ... 465 466 [467] 468 469 ... 1380