Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2422043 times)

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Like Infiniminer but in Java and in Alpha
« Reply #4935 on: October 01, 2010, 11:37:28 pm »

Jaycraft is crashing from those same bugs.
And now it's not possible to revert back to 1.92 without losing all existing waypoints/etc.
Damn it, Llama.

EDIT: Hmm.
It seems to be crashing when we hit seven people connected.
That might narrow the search down a bit...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 11:53:20 pm by jaybud4 »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4936 on: October 02, 2010, 12:25:52 am »

I feel like I caused at least two crashes. One when using a teleporter, and one when using a tool spell.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4937 on: October 02, 2010, 03:11:48 am »

I caused one crash by giving too much minetrack.

I figured the crash was just caused by giving too much.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #4938 on: October 02, 2010, 09:00:52 am »

Shouldn't ever be giving out minetrack anyways. Carts are bugged and the tracks cause client memory leaks.

Anyways, skylands is back up with updated runecraft. Hopefully I'll be luckier than Jay. Faith is now disabled. If there's one thing skylands doesn't need it's more small floating islands.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4939 on: October 02, 2010, 09:14:50 am »

aw, why? I wanted to create my own flying fortress.
Then again, my current holdings being made of sand, sand and more sand, maybe it wouldn't have been a bright idea.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4940 on: October 02, 2010, 10:49:38 am »

Okay, I was wrong.
I reverted Jaycraft to RC 1.92 for the time being, and everything still works as it did before.
Of course, now the instructions are set up for 2.0, but it shouldn't be a huge issue...
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 10:51:19 am by jaybud4 »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Logical2u

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4941 on: October 02, 2010, 12:37:16 pm »

Hahah, I was playing on a new offline world with a bunch of floating islands and I somehow turned the difficulty up to hard. I was going to show up here and complain how annoying it was to fight dozens of creepers every night as they try to invade my floating, almost-self-sustaining island.

But then I turned the difficulty down and it is considerably better.

Don't I feel silly!

But then again I have like 24 units of gunpowder and several large craters, so it's not all that bad.

Does anyone remember when I said this? Slash care?

Turns out it was always at normal, or the difficulty settings only work when you gen new worlds. Still about 5 creepers, 4 skeletons, and probably a dozen zombies a night camp outside my base. I've taken to putting the entrances near bright sunny areas - far from the shadow of my island - and lining the pathways with glass to monsters can see me and follow me into the light. It helps a bit, until a creeper destroys my door.

One day while preparing for a lava run, a creeper blew up and opened an underground passageway. I followed the passageway around and found it connected to an exit across from my base, which had a fork in it. I followed the fork down and discovered several underground springs and loudly grumbling zombies and skeletons. I mapped out the spring area as best I could - I ran out of torches - but throughout I could hear zombies in the background. Wondering where they were, I took some of the gunpowder I'd collected from my nightly defences and made a block of TNT, which I stuck nearest to where the grumbling was.

Well, that was a terrible idea. I had opened up some sort of terrifying pseudo-dungeon. At least 6 each of skeletons, zombies, and creepers were waiting for me on the other side. I died horribly. I made a quick run back to collect my stuff, made some leather armour, and returned. Died horribly again. Made another run to collect my stuff, and then tried it one last time with pork this time. Died again.

Grumbling loudly at my ill fortune, I equipped myself in iron armour and grabbed an iron sword, my bow and arrows. I ventured back down into the cavern, and bombarded the enemy with arrows and pelted them with swordblows from across my hastily constructed dirt battlements. Eventually, the monsters began infighting, and the creepers assisted me, destroying some of their own forces (but destroying my battlements)

I ventured forth into the newly open cavern and discovered enough coal and iron to recoup all my losses. I placed as many torches as I could around the area, hoping to discourage whatever mechanism was causing them to spawn in such large numbers.

Eventually, out of torches, I stumbled into a last nook. Mossy cobblestone - I had stumbled into a dungeon. But it wasn't exposed to me - I couldn't go in and destroy the spawner... I placed as much dirt around the area as I could to discourage future spawning. Judging from what I had last seen in that nook, it was a skeleton spawner.

I returned back to the main section of my pseudo-dungeon, and noticed a small hole with a stone in it. Not having brought any pickaxes on this trip, I wondered what had caused it. Suddenly, a creeper fell from the sky, and promptly exploded.

Presumably there was a creeper spawner above me, too, since there were no obvious breaches in the ceiling.

Wounded but alive, I retreated. I would need additional armour and torches, as well as a pickaxe or three, to make further headway into the cave.

I was getting kind of ticked off at the game when I had lava issues (If you place a lava spring on an elevated block - the one you're standing in - it can be difficult to recollect it. Then it kind of stays as a pseudospring - uncollectable but still a lava source - and floods the rest of your house with lava. Also if you place cloth next to magma it burns.) but I think the above experience is amazing enough to counter those.
This account is defunct - please contact me through other means.

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #4942 on: October 02, 2010, 01:11:33 pm »

My favorite story:

I come out of my mountain home and ride my minecart down to shoreline to finish up something. The cart turns a corner and stops because it hit another minecart I accidentally left in the middle of the track.

Inside the minecart there's a creeper riding it!!     "....SSSSSSSSSSSSSsssssss...."

I am mentally confused, my minecart has lost all momentum and I just stare into its eyes as the bridge we are on explodes. I plummet down, narrowly missing the lava river I had created and am now stuck in a pit at low health. I try to recompose myself and get out of the hole when another creeper jumps in and explodes. I die and to add insult to injury the explosion ruptures the river of lava and the river spills in destroying all my items. I laughed so hard. I only wish I had a screenshot of me seeing the creeper.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4943 on: October 02, 2010, 03:56:03 pm »

I have recently obtained 2048 blocks of TNT... so... any suggestions?
My spawn, and rather pitiful base for anyone that cares:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 04:04:42 pm by C4lv1n »
I've played a guitar with my penis.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #4944 on: October 02, 2010, 03:59:54 pm »

Dig a 1 tile pit from the surface to the bedrock, fill it with tnt, hit the top one, run away, enjoy.

C4lv1n

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4945 on: October 02, 2010, 04:39:57 pm »

Here's my plot post-detonation.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I still have about 1000 blocks though...
I've played a guitar with my penis.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #4946 on: October 02, 2010, 05:20:52 pm »

Cannons. Use about 30 blocks as the launcher, see how far you can get a block to go firing into the wind.

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4947 on: October 02, 2010, 06:22:15 pm »

Fill a cavern with TNT. Then make some platforms over and live in Batcave
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4948 on: October 02, 2010, 06:27:58 pm »

If my concentration span for big project wasn't so damn short i would make copy of the Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom minecart track.  :-[

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4949 on: October 03, 2010, 01:02:13 am »

I rebuilt my shack on Jaycraft... it is now a proper home... Check it out if you end up in that part of the map. I'll make a video or screenies sometime soon...
Pages: 1 ... 328 329 [330] 331 332 ... 1380