Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420953 times)

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Like Infiniminer but in Java and in Alpha
« Reply #4695 on: September 26, 2010, 05:46:16 pm »

I think my harddrive is getting sad at having to access so many individual files so fast. It had another mini meltdown and corrupted some minor files. We haven't seen any effects on the server though. Lesson learned. No more backups while server is running.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4696 on: September 26, 2010, 06:09:07 pm »

The Empyrean Mines are open for business!  Use the Empyrean Mountains teleporter by spawn, and follow the signs to the deposit of your choice.  Leave any surplus in the onsite chests.  8 furnaces for mass processing.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Spade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: September 26, 2010, 06:20:08 pm »

You know you play a lot of Minecraft when...

You break both your diamond pickaxes.
DungeonEscape
Will you make it out alive?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: September 26, 2010, 06:27:08 pm »

Both? You haven't played minecraft enough until you get at least five of 'em.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4699 on: September 26, 2010, 06:30:13 pm »

More progress made with my place.

I refined the farm to me more immune to animal attacks (freaking pigs), made the farms easier to access (added half-steps with a couple full steps for style and torches) over the water sources. Added a shop so I won't have to travel as much and to fill an ugly gap, added a perimeter balcony to make farming and spotting easier, and also for style (even in rendering).

Furthermore, I did a little more exploratory mining judging from the other map. Still can't figure out where that other cavern is. I may have rendered the UG map oddly (mirrored and flipped?), rendering it unreadable at first glance. Found more coal, made more torches. I also dedicated some time carving out a large land mass from the sides of the farming block. I added more foliage while at it.

And lastly, I finished a little herb garden/temple I had developing when I first started. It's now 95% protected from wildlife (only a single accessible tile in the front door for viewing is the only way in and out. It comes with a glass roof and has spikes of torches.

Oh yeah, I finished and decorated my small path, and speaking of paths, during my tree-farming, land-carving, and farming, I think I have gathered more than enough material to finish Greater Mine's royal pathway, which I can also spot easily from the farmlands. It's beautiful. Might still want to make a lighthouse for decor. Overall, this is turning out well. I managed to get a better read and defense system for mob attacks, so gathering additional materials should be much less of a hassle. Speaking of reducing hassle, I got enough creeper blood (aka gunpowder) to craft me a few TNT. Mining should be less trouble for the Greater Mines now.

To make projects a little simpler to accomplish, I've made my dock have an import/export function setup (will be the same way with others, depending on project). It'll be what you'd expect. Whatever the site is easiest in gathering, that's the export, and what it needs is it's import. Example, thanks to the tree farms and grain (plus cooked pork), wood and food is a main export. It does need ores if I intend on building anything else, so that'll be it's main import. But from the looks of things, I don't think it'll need an export. I like it how it is.

And here are the new screens from both sides. Compare to the last one and you'll see one hell of a difference. I've decided to post day-night pics, seeing as they're easier to look at, and still show off the lighting a bit.

I think my maps are being slightly reduced. Odd.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: September 26, 2010, 06:31:49 pm »

For the sake of Jaycraft, I'm writing an extensive guide to Runecraft.
Find it here.
EDIT: Seems to be mostly complete now.
If there's anything I should change, let me know.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 07:11:49 pm by jaybud4 »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: September 26, 2010, 06:44:46 pm »

For the sake of stealing all your bandwidth I'm telling everyone to go to your rune page.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: September 26, 2010, 06:47:12 pm »

Updated pics of my home fort! It now has a second, minecart track (both marked in blue) and a two-way raised cannal system (purple) for very rapid transport. This pic doesn't quite do my transport system justice... the raised cannal system is about 700 blocks long one way, going downhill the entire way, and is slightly shorter than the short minecart track. The LONG minecart track going off to the left is around 2000 long. Screw OTTD, this is how real dwarfs build transportation networks!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: September 26, 2010, 07:08:29 pm »

Or you break upwards of fifteen or more diamond shovels. The guys digging the ruins on Skylands can attest to that.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: September 26, 2010, 07:17:35 pm »

I could have broken quite a few by now, but I have a policy of only using stone picks for large projects. Diamond gets restricted to ore and mining expeditions.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4705 on: September 26, 2010, 07:22:29 pm »

I've been meaning to toss in some close-up shots. Here they are. (and thanks to an LP, I have a reliable sreenshooter program for consistency)

Spoiler: Waking up (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Main Hall (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Front Door (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Farm/garden (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 07:26:53 pm by Itnetlolor »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: September 26, 2010, 07:24:19 pm »

For the sake of stealing all your bandwidth I'm telling everyone to go to your rune page.
Stealing?
It's on Dropbox public, I have infinite (as far as I know, anyway).

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: September 26, 2010, 09:46:13 pm »

Hey Itnetlolor: What program did you get those shots with?  The only renderer I know of is the Cartographer, which only makes more airplane-height maps than that.
I used Cartograph (I think the most recent version of it); it has plenty of options...

Apparently, the version I downloaded all of like a week ago was an older version, even though he kept the same name.  I just downloaded what my computer thinks is a copy of Cart5, but this one actually does have Isometric mode, where the other one didn't.  But it hits runtime errors, goddammit.  I even already had a copy of the VisualC++ package on my desktop, and ran a new download for good measure and nothing doing.  Stupid fucking computer sorcery.  Maybe I should post in his thread about it.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: September 26, 2010, 10:03:08 pm »

It has been Cartograph 5 since about the time that Notch switched it to Minecraft Alpha instead of Infdev.

Yeah, he's terrible at version numbering.

E: I wrote Planted Wheat in for one of the blocks that was used in the Runecraft Guide, because it used that graphic, and I have no idea what he meant it to be -- was he referring to just the cultivated plots, or the actual planted wheat like I assumed?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 10:08:06 pm by jaybud4 »

Goron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: September 26, 2010, 10:56:07 pm »

Check out my little corner of the world on Jaycraft:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37TSp9hDV9Y
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 1380