Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420614 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Like Infiniminer but in Java and in Alpha
« Reply #4605 on: September 24, 2010, 07:32:07 pm »

It's a water coated magma torch column! Not as bright as a simple column of magma, but 15 times cooler.
Water cooled lighting, eh?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: September 24, 2010, 08:28:11 pm »

Yeah, server lag can be interesting. The last time I was on, I was watching a wall build itself.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: September 24, 2010, 08:29:12 pm »

Yeah, server lag can be interesting. The last time I was on, I was watching a wall build itself.
We should build a wall to keep those walls out, because the walls are taking our job of building walls.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: September 24, 2010, 09:39:05 pm »

Furnaces are fixed on the skycraft server. Also, there are two new things which should be enormously fun.

1. Hidden passageways- This is a rune that lets you hide doors in floors and walls. Secret hideouts and storage!

2. Rune of Flight - Self explanatory.

Have fun!

MagmaDeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: September 24, 2010, 10:14:50 pm »

I seem to be unable to connect since the update.
Knowledge=Power=Energy=Matter=Mass.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: September 24, 2010, 10:18:50 pm »

Furnaces are fixed on the skycraft server. Also, there are two new things which should be enormously fun.

1. Hidden passageways- This is a rune that lets you hide doors in floors and walls. Secret hideouts and storage!

2. Rune of Flight - Self explanatory.

Have fun!
Hells yes. I am so there.

Edit: Did I seriously just write that?

Edit2: aaand minecraft.net's down again. Hrm. Hope it's short this time. I was playing a few hours ago.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 10:20:38 pm by Bluerobin427 »
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

KrunkSplein

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: September 24, 2010, 10:57:36 pm »

okay, very noob question for you guys.  I finally found lava on my SP map, but only 3 buckets' worth.  I see a lot of magma 'waterfalls' on peoples' fancy fortresses - do they go and find multiple lava spawns and bring them, bucket by bucket, to their site?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: September 24, 2010, 11:10:36 pm »

okay, very noob question for you guys.  I finally found lava on my SP map, but only 3 buckets' worth.  I see a lot of magma 'waterfalls' on peoples' fancy fortresses - do they go and find multiple lava spawns and bring them, bucket by bucket, to their site?
A lavafall can be made with only one bucket of lava. And if you need more, there are huge lakes of lava deeper down.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Bluerobin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: September 24, 2010, 11:16:30 pm »

The key to lavafalls (at least the ones I tried in multiplayer... which might not be how it works in SP) is to put your starter magma block pretty high up with nothing underneath it for about 10 blocks or so. If I only gave my magma 2 or 3 blocks it never really did more than make a little pillar, but when I gave it more room it overflowed and kind of took over. Except for that one random one that I accidentally placed one square above the floor and then it spread ridiculously quickly and would have eaten me whole if it were possible to take damage. That one was weird. Water I understand, magma not at all.
The moment the lever was pulled, somebody's pet kitten stepped onto the bridge. I read somewhere that if a cat falls more than 11 stories, it instinctively flares its legs out to increase air resistance. This slows it down enough to stick the landing with relatively minor injuries. In Dwarf Fortress, apparently, cats don't do that.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: September 24, 2010, 11:48:59 pm »

Bah anyone know a program that'll let you see (at the very least help find) the caves and such in the offline mode? I tried Cartograph but I can't seem to get it to work.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: September 24, 2010, 11:58:04 pm »

What doesn't work about it? I might be able to help.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: September 25, 2010, 12:14:00 am »

I'm not sure, anytime I try to start the exe or the bat file it gives an error and doesn't do anything.

Hugehead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: September 25, 2010, 12:22:17 am »

If you upload the save file I can make a map of it, not the simplest way but it will work.
We're Bay12er's. If there is a bug, we will find it, exploit it, and make a recursive statue out of it. Just look up Planepacked.
When a dwarf enters a martial trance, they become Jedi. Short, drunken Jedi.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: September 25, 2010, 12:32:47 am »

I'm not sure, anytime I try to start the exe or the bat file it gives an error and doesn't do anything.
You might try...  you know...  telling us what that error is?
 ???
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: September 25, 2010, 12:39:26 am »

Its one of those "oh this program has encountered an error and needs to close" errors rather than an error message within the program itself. I'll post a screenie of it tomorrow morning, I badly needs the sleep right now.
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 1380