Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2421064 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft: Like Infiniminer but in Java and in Alpha
« Reply #4380 on: September 21, 2010, 04:35:56 am »

What, you're shitting me. No, man, not if you don't want to.

But I do want to.  I didn't intimate that clearly enough?  Why wouldn't I, it's a great game and you want to play it and proper multiplayer will be chugging along any time now.  First, I have to figure out how to buy it as a gift though.

Wait, I'm dumb.  I'll just buy another account with your email and then give you the login.  I think.

Wait, I'm even dumber.  No one can buy it right now, because the server is fucked and PayPal won't let Notch into his account.  The game is free for the time being, download and play it dude.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 04:38:00 am by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: September 21, 2010, 04:37:07 am »

...Okay. Thank you, I've been wanting to play this forever.

But I warn you, I won't be able to repay you for a few months.

x2 TEAM DOUBLEFAIL COMBO: I am downloading it and playing it as we speak oh my god so excited oh my god oh my god
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 04:39:43 am by Jackrabbit »

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4382 on: September 21, 2010, 04:52:37 am »

*Blinks at Aqizzar.*

*Blinks at Jack.*

Ya'll silly. Kind, but silly. :P

I played Skylands for like three hours tonight. Holy crap DAMN that is a deep map to explore. The passwords, HIDDEN FUN STUFF and so on are amazing. Going in totally blind is the only way to play.

Vapor kicks ass. Get to vapor and you'll be wondering if you're playing a 3D Knytt.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #4383 on: September 21, 2010, 04:59:37 am »

Just worked on ruins restoration for a bit, I ran a few paths, refurbished the telepad building, modified a building into a tree farm, and imported enough dirt for some other stuff too.  No grass though, it would be nice if an admin could spawn some and stick it in a chest.

I'm not the best at aesthetics, so if someone wants to rip everything up and redo it feel free.

Edit: It would be nice if one of the buildings could be a teleporter hub, so that it's harder for a vandal to take out everything again.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 05:23:23 am by Derekristow »
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: September 21, 2010, 05:14:23 am »

Lap, if you're reading this, you need more ops for the skylands server.

Naturally, I nominate myself. :D

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: September 21, 2010, 05:58:41 am »

I think I've been addicted. Shit, that didn't take very long.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: September 21, 2010, 06:35:27 am »

anti grief protection at spawn is a problem... the fire spread and destroyed wood, but we can't place blocks to fix it. lap, we need you!

edit: I don't have much time, but with the little time I have I am going to try to repair the bridges as much as I can and mainly turning them to stone so that such a thing doesn't happen again.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 06:42:29 am by andrea »

Lap

• Bay Watcher
  • I <3 Lua
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: September 21, 2010, 07:57:21 am »

Spawns fixed and stuff, but there's only so much you can do during the free weekend when there's no player verification. I'm probably going to start using zicores and ban anything related to fire, as well as probably expanding the spawn zone protection a bit. I might even make the teleporter island only buildable by known players and most of you will get kicking rights. If it really becomes a problem I'll just use a whitelist, but with regular backups there's not a lot of actual damage that can be done.

You guys built quite a lot of bridges.

Considering how rare redstone is, I'm thinking about implementing a mana system where you guys get X amount of redstone dust every Y minutes so you can use more spells. Let me know if you guys prefer that to the occasional redstone caches getting hidden across the map.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 08:00:56 am by Lap »

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: September 21, 2010, 08:38:06 am »

Spawns fixed and stuff, but there's only so much you can do during the free weekend when there's no player verification. I'm probably going to start using zicores and ban anything related to fire, as well as probably expanding the spawn zone protection a bit. I might even make the teleporter island only buildable by known players and most of you will get kicking rights. If it really becomes a problem I'll just use a whitelist, but with regular backups there's not a lot of actual damage that can be done.

Considering how rare redstone is, I'm thinking about implementing a mana system where you guys get X amount of redstone dust every Y minutes so you can use more spells. Let me know if you guys prefer that to the occasional redstone caches getting hidden across the map.

I'm all up for the mana system. Most of those runes eat a lot of redstone.

And the only redstone block I found was underneath the starting place :P

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: September 21, 2010, 10:10:08 am »

I'm all up for the mana system. Most of those runes eat a lot of redstone.

And the only redstone block I found was underneath the starting place :P
I'd prefer the caches being regularly placed across the map. It encourages exploration, and makes you work for it. In my opinion, redstone should be scarce (but not too scarce) and spent wisely.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: September 21, 2010, 10:15:21 am »

Cheese

• Bay Watcher
  • 99% Dairy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: September 21, 2010, 11:31:25 am »

What does changing difficulty to hard actually do?

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: September 21, 2010, 11:35:46 am »

Not much, for now.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #4393 on: September 21, 2010, 11:37:57 am »

Less monsters, but they do more damage.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4394 on: September 21, 2010, 12:09:00 pm »

Less monsters, but they do more damage.

The less monsters thing is important, since you get less total loot.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 1380