Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1357 1358 [1359] 1360 1361 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426016 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20370 on: July 27, 2017, 05:27:23 pm »

Could someone help me figure out how to make a multiplayer server for the modpack through the twitch app called "Universal Interdimensional Escape"? I've tried but have only been able to use vanilla items (mod items were there but unspawnable or creatable)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20371 on: July 30, 2017, 01:38:39 pm »

Could someone help me figure out how to make a multiplayer server for the modpack through the twitch app called "Universal Interdimensional Escape"? I've tried but have only been able to use vanilla items (mod items were there but unspawnable or creatable)
I have no idea how to make a server using the twitch app. I just downloaded the server files and ran them manually on my host.

Speaking of, I have a 1.12 vanilla server for testing right now if anyone wants to mess around on it.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #20372 on: July 30, 2017, 01:45:38 pm »

I've done that before, set up a modded server and then had only vanilla recipes work... it was caused by starting the server with the vanilla jar instead of the modded one.  Depending on the details of your install, the correct jar may not be named obviously.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20373 on: July 30, 2017, 02:20:05 pm »

I have no idea how to make a server using the twitch app. I just downloaded the server files and ran them manually on my host.

Speaking of, I have a 1.12 vanilla server for testing right now if anyone wants to mess around on it.

Could you give me run down on what needs to be done? I basically stapled 2-3 server making guides together last time I tried. There always seemed to be something different on my PC.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20374 on: July 30, 2017, 02:35:50 pm »

Sure, let me take a look at that modpack.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20375 on: July 30, 2017, 03:25:44 pm »

Here's what I did to get it working.

1. Download the 1.7.10 minecraft forge install package here: http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10/forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10-installer-win.exe
2. Run the install, click 'install server', click browse (...) button next to the path and put in the path you want the server installed to
3. Run the forge .jar file to generate the folder structure and files. I used a StartServer.bat file with the following:

java -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m -XX:PermSize=256m -jar forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10-universal.jar nogui

pause

4. Now you need to install the modpack via the twitch app. I assume you know how to do that. The reason you have to do this is that they didn't make a separate server files download for this modpack so you will have to do that yourself.

5. Navigate to the instance you created when installing the modpack. You can do that by right clicking the instance and clicking open folder within the app.

6. Now you have to follow the directions included in the modpack's page:

To Add Universal: Interdimensional Escape's Content to the Server, just Copy Over these Folders: config, mods, scripts (From Curse\Minecraft\Instances\Universal Interdimensional Escape)#

Go to the mods Folder, and Remove or Disable$ CustomMainMenu and ResourceLoader

7. If a world folder was generated during the previous run of the forge jar file, delete that. Now run the server and it should be operational. I made one while walking through these steps so you can play on it instead if you like.

Don't forget to edit the eula.txt file to true or the server won't run. It's a good idea to disable spawn protection as well.

My server is at netizenllcs.com:21002

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20376 on: July 30, 2017, 08:20:10 pm »

Here's what I did to get it working.

1. Download the 1.7.10 minecraft forge install package here: http://files.minecraftforge.net/maven/net/minecraftforge/forge/1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10/forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10-installer-win.exe
2. Run the install, click 'install server', click browse (...) button next to the path and put in the path you want the server installed to
3. Run the forge .jar file to generate the folder structure and files. I used a StartServer.bat file with the following:

java -Xms2048m -Xmx4096m -XX:PermSize=256m -jar forge-1.7.10-10.13.4.1614-1.7.10-universal.jar nogui

pause

4. Now you need to install the modpack via the twitch app. I assume you know how to do that. The reason you have to do this is that they didn't make a separate server files download for this modpack so you will have to do that yourself.

5. Navigate to the instance you created when installing the modpack. You can do that by right clicking the instance and clicking open folder within the app.

6. Now you have to follow the directions included in the modpack's page:

To Add Universal: Interdimensional Escape's Content to the Server, just Copy Over these Folders: config, mods, scripts (From Curse\Minecraft\Instances\Universal Interdimensional Escape)#

Go to the mods Folder, and Remove or Disable$ CustomMainMenu and ResourceLoader

7. If a world folder was generated during the previous run of the forge jar file, delete that. Now run the server and it should be operational. I made one while walking through these steps so you can play on it instead if you like.

Don't forget to edit the eula.txt file to true or the server won't run. It's a good idea to disable spawn protection as well.

My server is at netizenllcs.com:21002

I've tried what you are doing, and the server is running, but I cannot connect to it through the twitch app instance. The ports are forwarded, server said it was ready, but it never pops up in the server list. Any ideas?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20377 on: July 31, 2017, 02:33:38 pm »

Not sure what else you need to do. I would have to see your setup. For myself I forwarded port 21002 to the host the server is running on and I have a redirection service pointing netizenllcs.com to my IP at all times so it all works out.

Try picking a unique port number, setting it in the server.properties file and forwarding that port to the server host

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20378 on: August 01, 2017, 04:59:29 pm »

The ports are forwarded, server said it was ready, but it never pops up in the server list. Any ideas?
Your wording made me wonder, when you said 'it never pops up in the server list'... you did add the server right? And it doesn't say it is ready?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20379 on: August 02, 2017, 04:22:29 pm »

Yeah I added the server. Tried using my ip address (one from one of those "what's my IP" sites, it's worked with other servers I've made, including the one I tried making last time with this mod pack.) and a scan of local servers didn't work either.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #20380 on: August 02, 2017, 06:47:04 pm »

I'm working on a thing.
It's hopefully a fun thing.
A bit of a challenging thing.
But it's still a work-in-progress thing.
It's a modpack thing.
https://minecraft.curseforge.com/projects/hobocraft

The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20381 on: August 03, 2017, 03:13:36 pm »

Using the IP in ipconfig worked, however I still cannot use vanilla items. Trying to spawn them just gives me an error saying "There is no item with ID####"

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20382 on: August 04, 2017, 09:09:13 am »

I still do roads on personal projects and see it on the couple of servers I still visit occasionally both of which have populations of less than a dozen or so.... but part of it might be the way servers can now be setup to designate chunks for certain people. Without it being organized by an admin somehow, if you're limited in the number of claimed/protected chunks you can have, there's no feasible way to do transport networks yourself.

It's also a fairly massive undertaking if you want to do more than just a natural carve tunnel or a cobblestone road. Even my personal roads tend to be fairly simple dirt roads with the most extravagance being bridges over large gaps and stairways up and down mountains. Even simply laying minecart track for any significant distance requires massive amounts of iron along with gold and redstone to power it.

I personally like it from a relaxation point of view. It's kinda relaxing to just carve out a long straight line, but I think I'm in the minority there.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #20383 on: August 04, 2017, 02:25:47 pm »

Modpacks also tend to make road networks superfluous fairly quickly, unless it is a fairly low-tech/magic pack. No one cares about roads once they can fly/teleport. 
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20384 on: August 09, 2017, 04:17:01 pm »

Is anyone particularly familiar with how chunks drawing works? I'm trying to find an answer but my question on other forums has thus far gone without reply.

I'm wanting to know if, when a chunk is redrawn, a connected texture that spans a chunk border will force the adjacent chunk to also redraw.

(The concept is based around keeping visually complex blocks out of chunks that constantly redraw, such as farms or the tinker's smeltery. I am using blocks with a connected texture to mark chunk borders but I'm concerned the connected texture may force adjacent chunks to redraw if the primary chunk is redrawn, defeating the purpose of keeping complex blocks out of that chunk.)
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 05:18:19 pm by Niveras »
Pages: 1 ... 1357 1358 [1359] 1360 1361 ... 1380