Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425967 times)

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20340 on: March 28, 2017, 05:50:50 pm »

I have absolutely no free time these days.
But I'm a shameless procrastinator...so yeah, I'd be up for some Minecraft multiplayer.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20341 on: March 28, 2017, 10:29:58 pm »

I'll see what I can do.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20342 on: March 29, 2017, 01:39:50 am »

Also, I recall Forsaken once did a server with a custom map where he'd random genned the ores into the land, so that mod ores would spawn there. Anyone know how you do that?

Chunks are generated in two stages. In the first stage (the terrain stage) only the shape of the land is generated. Once all surrounding chunks have finished generating to the terrain stage, the chunk is decorated with trees and ores and villages and stuff. What this means is that there's a flag in each chunk that says whether it's decorated already. Simply set that flag to false in each chunk of your custom map (with whatever program/editor you're using for that), and Minecraft will take care of the decoration for you.

I take advantage of that with my DF map generator

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20343 on: June 07, 2017, 08:08:41 am »

For those of you still interested, 1.12 has now been released.

edit: Now my main question is..
Will anyone want to make a 1.12 server for us Bay12'ers to revel in, until we get bored of vanilla all over again?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20344 on: June 11, 2017, 04:08:04 pm »

Is anyone familiar with the Pixelmon mod? Apparently they just added an update a week ago. I'm trying to launch the newest version, but it has to download stuff apparently related to Forge. Halfway through that, it spits an error: "Cannot download com.mojang:realms:1.9.8".

I tried searching the Pixelmon forum... only to discover that forum is completely lacking a search function.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20345 on: June 11, 2017, 04:13:45 pm »

Oh I am familiar with Pixelmon. But not as much as I probably should.
As for the error.. It would seem like it is a version mismatch or something.. Not quite sure though.
It would likely be easier to just download their launcher and play the mod through that.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20346 on: June 11, 2017, 04:21:30 pm »

I should elaborate: I am doing that. I also deleted a profile with an older version just in case there was some leftover data. The error occurs when trying to launch the mod.

PRE-EDIT: Figured it out. I had to go through the vanilla Minecraft launcher, create a profile to download MC version 1.10.2(which the latest Pixelmon is built on), then run launch the Pixelmon mod.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20347 on: June 11, 2017, 04:29:36 pm »

Good to hear.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20348 on: June 11, 2017, 04:48:13 pm »

Ok, so I tried to make a server for the modpack "Universal Interdimensional Escape" on the twitch app, but the guides I could find weren't accurate and in the end you could join the server but could only craft vanilla stuff (as in the recipes and items for mod stuff were there but attempting to craft them just reset everything in the crafting grid). Does anyone know how to set up a server for this?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20349 on: June 11, 2017, 04:48:52 pm »

...And now I remember why I stopped playing it after a few minutes. Pauses every second, and nearly every single Pokemon is Lv.20-30 at the least when you've got a Lv.5 starter(barring changes to settings).

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20350 on: June 11, 2017, 05:19:30 pm »

...And now I remember why I stopped playing it after a few minutes. Pauses every second, and nearly every single Pokemon is Lv.20-30 at the least when you've got a Lv.5 starter(barring changes to settings).

It is not really that bad. Just explore a bit and you will run sooner or later across mons at lower levels.
It is not much different from looking for villages in vanilla Minecraft.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 02:31:11 am by Ultimuh »

Azrayel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20351 on: June 11, 2017, 09:03:31 pm »

There's a server launching either 30th or the 2nd called tg/craft with loads of plug-ins and a sprawling custom map with unique ore distributions. 

It's on 1.11.2, and 1.12 connection is enabled but the plug-ins won't work correctly with you.

It's Towny, and the nation of Order worships Armok.  In this lore he's one of 3 Order gods who hates creation\life, the product of Chaos gods.  We're playing fast and loose with this in our Dwarf Fortress of Karak Kontuth, which is more banking and crafting oriented.

Essentially we've put together a light rp group.  There's crack-shot guns so no need for melee mastery to feel survivable in PvP, though we're a formidable group so it's unlikely we'll face many assailants--though if war comes, t'will be massive.  Participation in the militia is voluntary.

If anyone's interested, I'm Ulysses#6174 on Discord and will entertain any questions you may have.  There's also a group of "Moon Dwarfs" who I'm sure would be happy to have some more Dorfs, MonkeyDSam on the tg/craft Discord here can fill you in: https://discord.gg/n9SdCvd

We have some whitelisted builders, what we construct will become a ruin so it'll be like reclaiming a site.
I then asked a porcupine about its troubles and the game crashed.

Motherland Calling: Tsar Needs Block Breakers

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20352 on: June 13, 2017, 12:40:54 pm »

Ah, Akura. Another thing you could try.
Fight Magicarps until your own pokemon is capable of taking down other mons.
They shouldn't be too difficult, unless they know tackle or flail.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20353 on: June 13, 2017, 06:29:12 pm »

We have some whitelisted builders, what we construct will become a ruin so it'll be like reclaiming a site.

Are you accepting volunteers to help build the future ruins?

Folly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20354 on: June 17, 2017, 06:20:37 pm »

I've been playing Wynncraft for a few days now. I'm still relatively low level, but I think I can confidently say that this is a very impressive and ambitious project, effectively creating an MMO experience in the Minecraft client. The world is huge, easily rivaling other MMO's. The quests are many, the dungeons are challenging, the loot is explosive, and the community is active. Totally recommend.
Pages: 1 ... 1355 1356 [1357] 1358 1359 ... 1380