Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1335 1336 [1337] 1338 1339 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425221 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #20040 on: April 11, 2016, 03:57:37 pm »

in a roundabout way, hunger made me stop playing MC. After its addition I went full "meh" about survival. Still love creative to death though.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20041 on: April 13, 2016, 02:51:01 pm »

There's mod that tidy it up a bit. I like Hunger Overhaul, myself, but HungerStrike is also good.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20042 on: May 29, 2016, 05:06:55 pm »

Just a little PTW for the inevitable Bay12 server.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20043 on: May 29, 2016, 05:18:38 pm »

Just a little PTW for the inevitable Bay12 server.
We've had many servers.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #20044 on: May 29, 2016, 06:18:36 pm »

If anyone wants to make a new one I'd be okay with that.

So long as it's survival of course.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20045 on: May 29, 2016, 08:32:35 pm »

Pick a modpack and I'll host it. :P

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20046 on: May 29, 2016, 09:30:13 pm »

I'm sick of mods, actually I don't care really, I just need a new PC :(
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20047 on: May 29, 2016, 09:45:26 pm »

I'm sick of mods, actually I don't care really, I just need a new PC :(
Eh, I could host a vanilla 1.9.x too. Whatever works, if people actually play. The problem has been mostly people lose interest after a few days

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #20048 on: May 30, 2016, 07:36:36 am »

Inb4 Bay12 makes a Civcraft clone
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20049 on: May 30, 2016, 07:56:21 am »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20050 on: May 30, 2016, 08:57:50 am »

something like this?

http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/229495-progression
Sort of. I was thinking of that old server of yours where you had a custom modpack and we had to do certain tasks (such as build a library) and as the tasks were completed you'd add more mods to the pack.
Ah yeah I remember that. As I recall though it wasn't very popular, so maybe my implementation wasn't well thought out. There was also the issue of ore generation. I had to use a custom mod for that server to gen all the ores even without the mods that used them, which was a pain. With that progression utility it would just gate certain mods behind events or accomplishments but everything would be generated from the start. I'll give it some thought, see if I can come up with a better way to do it.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20051 on: May 30, 2016, 10:30:49 am »

Inb4 Bay12 makes a Civcraft clone
Did anyone here play bergecraft? The last map was pretty good, small, well generated, nice biome mix. The plugins were quite good too, though the hardcore mobs, extra explodey creepers and zombies despawning with your dropped stuff was annoying. Some people hated the custom ores though, specifically how hard it was to find ore. But I really liked the ore generation, harder mining and the factory tech tree was well thought out.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20052 on: May 30, 2016, 12:20:33 pm »

something like this?

http://mods.curse.com/mc-mods/minecraft/229495-progression
Sort of. I was thinking of that old server of yours where you had a custom modpack and we had to do certain tasks (such as build a library) and as the tasks were completed you'd add more mods to the pack.
Ah yeah I remember that. As I recall though it wasn't very popular, so maybe my implementation wasn't well thought out. There was also the issue of ore generation. I had to use a custom mod for that server to gen all the ores even without the mods that used them, which was a pain. With that progression utility it would just gate certain mods behind events or accomplishments but everything would be generated from the start. I'll give it some thought, see if I can come up with a better way to do it.

I thought it was fairly popular. We eventually had a fairly big town with all of the growable plants and two kitchens.

My only complaint was the hunger weirdness when the server first started - foraging gave almost no food and your food bar would plummet regardless of anything you did. I recall being stuck in a hole with no food. I was so hungry that I couldn't dig out the one block that would allow me to go get food.

Funny that this server was brought up - just a few days ago I backed up one of my old laptops and found the MultiMC instance that I had. It's gone now but it brought back a bunch of memories.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #20053 on: May 30, 2016, 12:52:32 pm »

I'll look into doing something similar in the future then. I'm tempted to give the modding scene some time to calm down and update but that might be a while, so its possible I'll work on a 1.7.10 version rather than trying for a 1.9.x

At least it will be easier to distribute the modpack now.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20054 on: June 01, 2016, 05:53:35 pm »

If anyone's looking for a decent 1.9.4 modpack, you might try checking out Arisen 2. I've been playing it for a while now. There are frequent updates - today brought the introduction of Tinkers and Forestry, among others.
Pages: 1 ... 1335 1336 [1337] 1338 1339 ... 1380