Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1287 1288 [1289] 1290 1291 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2424257 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19320 on: June 13, 2015, 11:39:02 am »

I popped onto this server earlier today and it looks pretty good. The players are friendly and helpful. There are buttons to randomly teleport somewhere in the world so you can start fresh somewhere, but they also allow use of the /tpa command so you can join your friends. No griefing or raiding, and easy protection of your assets is granted automatically with a tool that lets you mark off territory as yours. I'm considering starting by myself on this server now and setting up a little base, then other Bay12ers who want to join can teleport to me then either work together or start their own base somewhere nearby to mine. If there is enough interest, I can start a thread for it, but I don't know whether enough people are interested.

http://ftbservers.com/server/10186/view/ftb-regrowth-server---mineyourmind

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19321 on: June 13, 2015, 11:49:26 am »

Would join, but I've been playing Agrarian Skies 2 and those two modpacks are fairly similar in what mods they have and the feel. :(

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19322 on: June 19, 2015, 02:46:04 pm »

Did a bit of pixel art for Makers Mark, one of Hitchh1k3rs new MC mods that was released earlier today. Wanted to share it here, because it's pretty neat stuff, especially for folks running MP servers.

LINK

It adds a mod-friendly coin minting system (complete with customized coin designs and verification if you want it) for creating coin operated Redstone, trademaking your tools and items, running an in game economy, or whatever else. There's also a a simple and pretty cool postal system, and some new potions and doodads too which I don't want to spoil. I like how it's designed to build on the core game rather than overhauling everything or dominating the whole game.

According to the dev blog, it's a module that's eventually going to be paired with others (I'm excited for the new build for his fortress and trap making mod) and I think vending machines were coming in the next release.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #19323 on: June 20, 2015, 02:25:46 am »

Anyone know how to turn flowing "black ink blocks" from Mystcraft into ink vials? I've tried using empty and water-filled vials and I've tried buckets. Nothing responds.

I've also tried putting the ink mixer next to and submerged in ink. Nothing.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #19324 on: June 20, 2015, 02:51:39 am »

I imagine that you could pump it into a tank then use a fluid transposer to fill ink bottles... I haven't tried though so that might not work.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #19325 on: June 20, 2015, 12:01:32 pm »

Isn't there a way to uses them in stock mystcraft? I know the wiki doesn't say anything...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19326 on: June 23, 2015, 10:20:49 am »

So I'm finally going for a wand recharge room in thaumcraft, but am wondering what the best thing to do is.

My two options are either a room full of individual nodes or a super node. Is there a downside to a super node? What's the best way to make one?

Also, there seems to be a hungry super node. Seems I can feel it items to generate aspects, but I'm guessing it doesn't recharge on it's own.

Which would you guys choose?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19327 on: June 23, 2015, 10:31:59 am »

So I'm finally going for a wand recharge room in thaumcraft, but am wondering what the best thing to do is.

My two options are either a room full of individual nodes or a super node. Is there a downside to a super node? What's the best way to make one?

Also, there seems to be a hungry super node. Seems I can feel it items to generate aspects, but I'm guessing it doesn't recharge on it's own.

What mods do you have? I'm currently using the crystal from thaumic horizons. It is amazingly useful. I have one over my wand recharge pedestal.

Basically you connect it to CentiVis via a relay nearby and you right click it with ethereal essence (the stuff you get from wisps and destroying nodes) and it adds a bit of vis capacity per item of essence you use, which is then recharged by the CentiVis and the crystal can charge a wand or staff in a pedestal. So handy, and you can use CentiVis to recharge staves finally.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19328 on: June 23, 2015, 05:22:43 pm »

Let's Play 5by5craft

In case anyone's missed the Play With Your Buddies thread, one of our very own bay12ers is doing a Let's Play series on the 5by5craft server. Me, actually. Yay for minecraft Let's Play!

Currently on episode three. Here's the playlist on youtube.

Go watch it. Shower me with praise. ? ? ? Profit. I also accept bribes sacrifices donations in the form of cashier's checks, gold bullion and beautiful human female virgins. But please, I prefer my virgins still living. I never understood why people sacrificing virgins always seem to kill them in the process. Seems like a terrible waste of a virgin to me. What am I going to do with a dead sacrificial virgin?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19329 on: June 23, 2015, 07:07:37 pm »

What mods do you have? I'm currently using the crystal from thaumic horizons. It is amazingly useful. I have one over my wand recharge pedestal.

Basically you connect it to CentiVis via a relay nearby and you right click it with ethereal essence (the stuff you get from wisps and destroying nodes) and it adds a bit of vis capacity per item of essence you use, which is then recharged by the CentiVis and the crystal can charge a wand or staff in a pedestal. So handy, and you can use CentiVis to recharge staves finally.

I have a lot of mods but thaumcraft horizons is not one of them. I guess what I'm asking is if shoving all my nodes into one big one for all my aspect needs carries any problems with it.

Also, does anyone know if it would be possible to set effects like "take damage if X" on players, with the ability to at least temporarily remove these effects? I'm thinking of setting up a bit of a game where players are "banished" to different places (light above a certain level, the nether, the twilight forest, etc) and they have to make an effort to undo this banishment.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19330 on: June 23, 2015, 07:10:08 pm »

If done carefully, node bullying can result in some very large and useful nodes. There isn't any problem with having a big node really. Even easier is just to set up an array of nodes with stabilizers on them. The stabilizers slightly reduce the recharge speed but once you get enough nodes this hardly matters.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19331 on: June 23, 2015, 08:10:58 pm »

If done carefully, node bullying can result in some very large and useful nodes. There isn't any problem with having a big node really. Even easier is just to set up an array of nodes with stabilizers on them. The stabilizers slightly reduce the recharge speed but once you get enough nodes this hardly matters.

Are you sure it only slightly decreases? I bottled a node and put it on a stabilizer but it won't recharge it's fire aspect past 2. Yes I removed it from the jar the bottle and the stabilizer is working (has the force field graphic)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19332 on: June 23, 2015, 08:20:25 pm »

Maybe Azanor decreased it further? I remember having a 5x5 array of nodes under the floor in my charging room and it seemed to work out alright.

Without stabilizers you need to keep them ~7 blocks from each other, so you can only fit a finite number into the range of the recharger

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #19333 on: June 23, 2015, 08:54:27 pm »

This thread is telling me it is 1337
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19334 on: June 23, 2015, 09:07:01 pm »

This thread is telling me it is 1337
???
Pages: 1 ... 1287 1288 [1289] 1290 1291 ... 1380