Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1266 1267 [1268] 1269 1270 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2422820 times)

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19005 on: October 16, 2014, 10:48:09 am »

Is your wire going in the input? only 1 side is input, the other 3 are output. when the Dark line lightens up, it should switch off the three lit lines. Screenshot?

Edit:
Looking at the Project Red wiki, you may need to activate the outputs with a screwdriver? It's been a long time since I used project red...
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:50:23 am by timferius »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19006 on: October 16, 2014, 10:52:42 am »

OK I guess I need to find a screwdriver... The thing is on the wall and I have no idea which side is which. Thanks for the quick reply. Maybe I will get this set up tonight after all... Depending on how smoothly the rest of it goes (ha)...

EDIT: No good. I used the screwdriver to turn it so the activated line runs to the pistons, and the unactivated one to the pressure plates. Pistons extend, but when I step on the plates, nothing happens. In fact, I opened up the area so I could see the wires, and stepping on the plates doesn't even light up the wire anymore. NOT and NOR both give the same result. I am ready to chuck something across the room, so I officially give up for tonight. I do still need to find a way to make this work though, so please, keep the advice coming. Thanks guys.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:57:56 am by Sappho »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19008 on: October 16, 2014, 11:28:30 am »

OK, I finally got it to work. For some reason I had to break the cable attached to the pressure plates and re-place it. Now it works, although the pistons don't really stay retracted long enough for the lava to fall through. Fortunately, I'm the only one who will be playing it, and only for a video, so I can fudge it.

timferius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19009 on: October 16, 2014, 11:42:21 am »

OK, I finally got it to work. For some reason I had to break the cable attached to the pressure plates and re-place it. Now it works, although the pistons don't really stay retracted long enough for the lava to fall through. Fortunately, I'm the only one who will be playing it, and only for a video, so I can fudge it.

oh, ya, why not use a toggle then? Should've thought of that before....

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19010 on: October 16, 2014, 11:53:17 am »

Sappho, if your pulse is too short, you can extend it using a state cell. Here's a wiki page with a video, watch that until 1:50 to get the hang of it. Basically the state cell lengthens a signal from the left by whatever you specify in the GUI. Put the state cell somewhere between the pressure plate and the inverter.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19011 on: October 17, 2014, 11:10:51 am »

Son of a...

It was working. It was finally working. I closed the game, went to bed. Got up, went to work, came home, had dinner, ready at last to spend some time playing with this.

It doesn't work. I loaded up the game, and it no longer works. NONE of the traps I set work. Nothing has changed. I double-checked all the wiring. But nothing works. Not even the simple arrow traps (plate with red alloy wire on the bottom of the block leading to a dispenser full of arrows). Even destroying and re-placing the wire doesn't fix it. And there is... just so much wire. What the balls is going on here? I haven't changed anything. I haven't touched anything. But nothing works.

I'd just set it up with normal redstone, but I can't even get the redstone to place on the blocks. I have no idea how it's supposed to work.

EDIT: I DID IT. I made it work with only vanilla redstone. Holy crap is that complicated. I have always been impressed by amazing redstone stuff, but after setting up that simple trap, I'm absolutely amazed.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 11:50:35 am by Sappho »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19012 on: October 18, 2014, 03:16:56 am »

Vanilla redstone isn't too hard once you get the hang of it, I once built a t flipflop or whatever it's called by myself.
And if you don't want to do that, there's a bunch of compact designs you can copy :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19013 on: October 18, 2014, 03:25:03 am »

Is there a way to keep the signal on for a few seconds after a pressure plate / button is pressed and released? That's the only thing I couldn't figure out how to do with the vanilla stuff.

It's a shame the project red stuff didn't work. It's so much more flexible. When I tried to re-lay the wiring again, the game crashed a few times. There's definitely something wrong there. Maybe another mod is interfering with it. I've got quite the pile of them installed. Does project red usually work without bugs? At least for relatively simple things like what I was building?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19014 on: October 18, 2014, 05:09:53 am »

Project Red is usually seems kinda buggy. I haven't used it a great deal for that reason.

In order to increase the signal duration, you'd be looking for some kind of timer. I would use a hopper timer myself, but a despawn timer or cobweb timer might be better if resources are at a premium.
A big line of repeaters would also work, but it's less classy.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #19015 on: October 18, 2014, 08:43:20 am »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-29660265

So, I heard you like minecraft cities...

Meh, I'd take High Rossferry over that, and it's had about the same development time.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19016 on: October 18, 2014, 08:55:33 am »

I don't think I could play Minecraft on an Xbox after playing on a computer for so long! I'm not really a fan of the Xbox, besides.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19017 on: October 19, 2014, 09:02:12 am »

I saw someone playing Minecraft on PS4 once. It looked painful.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19018 on: October 19, 2014, 10:27:26 am »

At least it's not the mobile version. *Shudders*
Nothing important here, move along.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #19019 on: October 23, 2014, 01:38:35 pm »

I am looking for a couple of things for future videos. First off, can anyone recommend a texture pack with really nice armor that doesn't clash with the vanilla textures? I need to keep vanilla textures for harvestcraft and a few other things, but I really want to replace the horrid vanilla armors.

I'm also looking for a map of some abandoned ruins -- preferably a large castle or a whole town or kingdom. Something overgrown and falling apart. I don't have time to make something myself (and if you've seen my videos, you know I'm not exactly a master builder in any case).

Thanks! : )
Pages: 1 ... 1266 1267 [1268] 1269 1270 ... 1380