Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1262 1263 [1264] 1265 1266 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2422507 times)

Reverie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18945 on: October 02, 2014, 05:42:12 am »

Little yachting vessel from the age of sail (it's Spanish because why not):

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That makes four out of five, which means I'm almost done ~u~

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #18946 on: October 02, 2014, 06:36:33 am »

* tahujdt checks Reverie's profile
oops.

My questions about her junk still stand.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18947 on: October 02, 2014, 08:17:42 am »

* tahujdt checks Reverie's profile
oops.

My questions about her junk still stand.

Them womanfolk still have junk.  You ever heard that song?

Or maybe that's humps...
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18948 on: October 02, 2014, 09:30:45 am »

What? I was just asking questions about his junk! I'm very interested in people's junks, ya know. The big ones are really interesting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

These sorts of jokes are completely lost on me. We grew up speaking proper English in my house. I learned the word 'junk' from a James Bond movie: The Man with the Golden Gun. I think I was an adult before I heard anyone use 'junk' to describe genitalia.

Cue conversation:

Some guy: "Oh, dude yeah man...like my junk is so big dawg!"
Me (confused): "You own a boat?"
Some guy (confused): "What?
Me: "A junk is a type of Chinese sailing vessel."
Some guy: "What the fuck you smoking dawg! I'm talkin' 'bout mah dick!"
Me (silently thinking to self): "...I wonder how this particular etymological travesty happened. Probably has nothing to do with boats. 'Junk' as in 'stuff?' 'Useless trash?' Why would he call his own dick useless trash? Perhaps I should clarify."
Me: "Wait...you mean junk as in junk? Why are you insulting your own dick?"
Some guy: "Dude! Mah dick is huge homie! Chickadees wanna suck it and they like 'Damn, bitch!'"
Me (silently thinking to self): "So, his dick is junk and girls call him a bitch because of it? So...it's so small and useless they call him a girl because of it? I wonder if I should let him know that...wait, you know what? I'm just going to let this one go."
Me: "Ok. Well, nice talking with you. Bye, now."
Me: (thinking to self) "Idiot.
Some guy: (thinking to self) "Idiot."

Really, this kind of thing happens to me fairly regularly. A lot of slang is very, very dumb, and often I wonder why so many people try so very hard to make up nonsense words and start using them with strangers and expect them to understand. It took me months to figure out whether 'booty' was boobs or butt when I first started hearing it. It's very difficult to deduce that kind of thing from context sometimes, but it seems to violate some sort of social convention to simply ask people what they're talking about. Though I sometimes suspect that people who use slang don't really know what they're talking about either. Chinese junks aren't common knowledge, so somebody must have been really out of it to start calling their dick 'junk' and think it was a good idea. Might as well start calling your face 'ugly' and your biceps 'tiny' and try to impress people with that. Sometimes slang seems deliberately contrary like that. 'Bad' for example, sometimes meaning 'good.'  "People are idiots" seems like the simplest solution sometimes.

Anyway, now we have urban dictionary. It makes life easier.

lol

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18949 on: October 02, 2014, 01:41:42 pm »

I have discovered the wonder that is Forge Microblocks. Now all the chests in my Agrarian Skies playthrough are overflowing with little fiddly bits. I think I have a problem.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18950 on: October 02, 2014, 02:16:20 pm »

Microblocks is pretty awesome. I fell in love with it after playing Tekkit for the first time. My clutter goes into an AE system now.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 03:41:30 pm by InsanityIncarnate »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #18951 on: October 02, 2014, 03:39:08 pm »

Depending on what I'm cutting into microblocks I tend to trash the excess to avoid the clutter.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18952 on: October 02, 2014, 04:18:34 pm »

Quick poll:

1) Does anybody think that "Vanilla survival SMP" means that players get handed out creative mode privileges?

2) Does anybody think it's a good idea to not mention that anywhere, and then do it, and then have players find out about it because people are encasing spawn in cobblestone and spawning giant zombies for people to deal with after they die?

3) Would anybody be surprised that some players might be annoyed after joining a "Vanilla survival SMP" server and discovering after investing 10-20 hours of gameplay that this kind of thing is going on?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18953 on: October 02, 2014, 05:23:47 pm »

Admin is being very apologetic about it. But, yeah...creative mode griefing is kind of a deal breaker on a "vanilla survival" server.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18954 on: October 02, 2014, 05:30:55 pm »

Since the game modes are actually called Creative and Survival, I would say a "survival" server means it's not "creative", even if an admin can be using creative privileges.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #18955 on: October 03, 2014, 04:28:17 pm »

When I got off last night, I accidentally forgot to pause the game. I was using a ComputerCraft computer when I tabbed out to check my email one last time, so it didn't automatically pause. By the time I got home from school this afternoon, My reactor was mostly depleted. I had loaded the input with yellorium blocks, so that it could go longer without putting in more fuel, but I had forgotten to make a system to automatically remove the cyanite. So the reactor core was full up, but mostly depleted. It was going along at about 17.5 kiRF/tick, which is still loads, but not enough to run even one laser continuously. So the lasers were limping along for hours and hours, and I still have tons of ore now. My farms were running on backup power, but there were brownouts in the rest of my base. The upshot of this was that I had 2000+ yellorite essence from my essence farm, which takes care of my fuel needs well into the next (Minecraft) decade. I'm now putting together an automatic fuel loading and ejecting system.

Here's the first draft of my diagnostics program.

All it does is check various aspects of your reactor. The thing that will do different diagnostics based on the type of reactor will be along in a bit.
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18956 on: October 03, 2014, 04:35:52 pm »

What mod/modset are you using, Tahujdt? That sounds like fun :o

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #18957 on: October 03, 2014, 04:40:36 pm »

Yogscast Complete on the AT Launcher. I used to run my own that was similar, without some of the more useless mods, but it was getting tiring updating it all and sorting through ID errors.

Yogscast Complete grew out of a desire to unify all the modded series that the Yogscast was doing. It has magic mods, technology mods, environment mods, and stuff like that.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 06:10:29 pm by tahujdt »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18958 on: October 03, 2014, 04:54:15 pm »

I just sorta pumped all my cyanite into a cyanite reprocessor last time I had a big reactors reactor.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #18959 on: October 03, 2014, 06:07:02 pm »

Newest version.

I know that I promised turbine compatibility, but I decided to add a menu instead. Deal with it.

The program for control rods is already done, I just need to clean it up before I add it. All of this stuff is still horribly formatted, because half of it is written in-game, and half of it is written in Notepad++.

EDIT: Should I change it so that it uses the string names for keys instead of the key scan codes? I have no idea what the standard is.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 06:09:06 pm by tahujdt »
Pages: 1 ... 1262 1263 [1264] 1265 1266 ... 1380