Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1238 1239 [1240] 1241 1242 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2423655 times)

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #18585 on: August 29, 2014, 06:41:21 pm »

Eleven out of the last twenty-three posts are yours, so I'd say it's a pretty accurate statement.

so, forums are for not talking?
No, but excessive (a consistent measurement of this is the number of posts offset by only one other forumite) posting is a very typical hallmark of the first stage of assimilation. As this is the lower boards, I also expect you'll be visiting the Forum Games and Roleplaying board soon enough.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #18586 on: August 29, 2014, 06:51:09 pm »

I've run the latest snapshot (pre-1.8 3).

With a 64x texture pack, Fancy graphics and standard (16) rendering range (or half maximum, since I use 64x Java with 2GB RAM declared), and that new graphical option thing.

Holy shit. I'm living in the future. I've run High-freaking-Rossferry

Spoiler: AKA this: (click to show/hide)

on my laptop and it was slightly choppy (15-ish FPS while loading chunks), but playable. Compare this with the performance in 1.7, which was choppy and UN-playable even with Fast-Tiny.

Same for a map genned from DF by that nifty tool of Japa's, which worked even on 32 chunks rendering (although, oddly enough, it crashed on saving the world).
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18587 on: August 29, 2014, 11:24:45 pm »

Those are some fancy visuals. That's running on your laptop, you say?

Honestly, I came here looking for a fun, unique group of people to play minecraft with. Dwarf Fortress is a fun and unique game so, why would it's community be anything less? Apparently I was wrong, these are hallowed grounds and I am an infidel desecrating them with my hethenistic ways.

assimilation

Do you even read what you type? Does the anonymity of the internet bestow upon some super powers that allow you to arbitrarily dictate who can say what and how? I would hope that you don't chose to interact with people in this manner outside of that box of light and words in front of you but, I honestly and truly wonder if there IS anything outside of that box for you. I earnestly pity you, you invoke genuine sadness in my heart.

If you chose to foster an insular, incestual and insipid enviroment then that's your choice and I respect that but, don't lambast me for offering more.
Woah, hey, calm down there, friend.

We're not telling you to shut up, and we're certainly not dictating what you can and cannot talk about.
All we're saying is that it's generally considered distasteful for someone to make every other post on a thread. Postcount has nothing to do with it, unless you're GreatWyrmGold, in which case, hi. Long time no see.

If you'll give us a minute, I think you'll see that we are a group of fun, unique individuals. Not necessarily people - I can't speak for all of us - but fun and unique nonetheless. Remuthra, for example, is making a joke. Putnam is doing his "that's wrong for X reason" thing, and I'm making a serious point with a light-hearted tone.

Anyway, you're welcome to stay, just don't be spammy, and please don't take criticism as a personal attack.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18588 on: August 29, 2014, 11:28:49 pm »

...Why'd you put your reply before my post?

Also, what's with the venom? Did the joking use of the word assimilation to describe acclimating to the forum kill your family or something? Seriously ruins my reminiscing about the days when I made every other post.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18589 on: August 29, 2014, 11:30:36 pm »

He can't be GreatWyrmGold. His typing style is wrong.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18590 on: August 29, 2014, 11:32:03 pm »

kill your family
Must... resist...

That's true. He also hasn't started The Art of Minimalism CLXIV yet.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18591 on: August 29, 2014, 11:42:27 pm »

kill your family
Must... resist...

They need to die, InsanityIncarnate. They refuse to cooperate with the hivemind.

Can't be GWG. There are too many capitalization errors, and I didn't have to scroll down to read the posts.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18592 on: August 29, 2014, 11:52:37 pm »

kill your family
Must... resist...

They need to die, InsanityIncarnate. They refuse to cooperate with the hivemind.

Can't be GWG. There are too many capitalization errors, and I didn't have to scroll down to read the posts.
Also, I don't think GWG ever posted in the Minecraft thread.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18593 on: August 30, 2014, 04:16:27 am »

InsanityIncarnate's Life in the Woods
I finished off the iron farm today. It produces ~30 iron per hour. Not great, but I don't have anywhere near the resources required for a bigger one.
I also put some walls up around the apple tree farm, acquired cows, and made my Hyper-Ethical Animal FarmTM.
Uploading the images was a pain. I decided to do it at the library because they don't have such a slow-ass connection.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 04:18:05 am by InsanityIncarnate »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18594 on: August 30, 2014, 04:47:56 am »

Nice pictures! You're very efficient.

I'm interested to see how you'd fare using the hungry mod. It wouldn't be so easy to set up such an efficient system. : )

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #18595 on: August 30, 2014, 04:50:50 am »

I am using the Hungry mod. Now, at least. The apple farm doesn't appear to be affected by it beyond the stack size changing to sixteen, but all of my other plants grow very slowly now. I have enough to keep up, especially with my overabundance of bonemeal, but if I ever go away from home for very long food becomes a serious issue. Mining, too, is dangerous if I forget to fill up half my inventory with sandwiches.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 05:06:09 am by InsanityIncarnate »

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18596 on: August 30, 2014, 05:28:14 am »

I am using the Hungry mod. Now, at least. The apple farm doesn't appear to be affected by it beyond the stack size changing to sixteen, but all of my other plants grow very slowly now. I have enough to keep up, especially with my overabundance of bonemeal, but if I ever go away from home for very long food becomes a serious issue. Mining, too, is dangerous if I forget to fill up half my inventory with sandwiches.

Well, once you already have a food system set up, it's easy. The trick is getting established in the first place. It's not so easy to get food at the start.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18597 on: August 30, 2014, 07:49:01 am »

Hmm... I've been mining for several hours. I have found an abandoned mine, and been investigating sytematically, yet I have not found almost anything useful inside. A tiny bit of iron and coal. ZERO gold, ZERO redstone, ZERO diamonds.

What the hell is going on here? Is it something to do with biomes o'plenty? Or something else in the life in the woods modpack? I haven't found much of any normal stone, either. It's all pink and green and blue, mostly. Lots of lignite, but that's it. I've traveled a ways and dug in several locations, but no luck anywhere. What am I missing here?

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #18598 on: August 30, 2014, 11:33:23 am »

Am I the only one who hasn't modded the hell out of Minecraft by this point? :P

Admittedly, that may be because I wouldn't know where to start, and am essentially a lazy soul.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #18599 on: August 30, 2014, 11:34:28 am »

Woah, hey, calm down there, friend.

We're not telling you to shut up, and we're certainly not dictating what you can and cannot talk about.
All we're saying is that it's generally considered distasteful for someone to make every other post on a thread. Postcount has nothing to do with it, unless you're GreatWyrmGold, in which case, hi. Long time no see.

If you'll give us a minute, I think you'll see that we are a group of fun, unique individuals. Not necessarily people - I can't speak for all of us - but fun and unique nonetheless. Remuthra, for example, is making a joke. Putnam is doing his "that's wrong for X reason" thing, and I'm making a serious point with a light-hearted tone.

Anyway, you're welcome to stay, just don't be spammy, and please don't take criticism as a personal attack.

I appreciate you taking the time to clarify that misunderstanding, the expended effort really jives with your message. One thing to bear in mind however is that humor only works in context, how am I supposed to know Putnam has a "that's wrong for X reason" thing?! I get the jist now but, outside of a frame of reference, those comments can easily be perceived as attacks.

I'm sorry for stinking up the place with stink but, next you think a joke can be misinterpreted use an emoticon or something, gosh!

:P see what I did there?  ;) oh, and there too!

Communication is an effective tool when used properly.  ;D

edit:
Am I the only one who hasn't modded the hell out of Minecraft by this point? :P

Admittedly, that may be because I wouldn't know where to start, and am essentially a lazy soul.

I think you maybe the last hold out. You really have to try it at least once, there are countless pre-made packs you can install with the click of a button, easy, lazy, painless. The FTB packs are a great place to start.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 11:39:26 am by evilnancyreagan »
Pages: 1 ... 1238 1239 [1240] 1241 1242 ... 1380