Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 [1188] 1189 1190 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2426063 times)

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #17805 on: April 05, 2013, 09:56:07 am »

I'm gonna need help with a multiplayer project, just the manual labor really. We currently got me, Twi, and Furtuka. PM me if you want to help.
Yeah you may need to tell us a bit more about the project to get people offering their help.
Projeck is silly.

Anyways.

Multiplayer adventure type thing, supposed to be for that Solifuge character. Vanilla at the moment, might become unvanilla if, say, we get enough people to not move at glacial speeds.

Projeck37

• Bay Watcher
  • what is love, baby don't hurt me
    • View Profile
« Reply #17806 on: April 06, 2013, 11:47:36 pm »

I am bad at the explainings without the spoilering
I be the Pillow Pirate of the 12 Bays!

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17807 on: April 07, 2013, 05:11:18 pm »

On a Server that I run we had a little tiff as a joke. A good half of the players played with the Thaumcraft Mod part like crazy while the other half wanted to get into the Tech Mods. All around our little city started appearing signs, political of nature...
"Magic Ruins the World, Support Tech" and "Tech pollutes the Air, Support Mages" and so forth...

So I had been thinking, why not make the server a 1v1 Factions Style Server where Magic Vs Tech. BUT the thing is I can't decide on the mods, natural certain things like the FTB mods come in handy as they are already packed together, and then there is the Ars Magica Mod. But when it comes down to it, which mods support Magic when it comes to smelting and such and would the Tech Weapons/Stuff be balanced in any way against the Ars Magica Magics that they can cast???

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #17808 on: April 07, 2013, 05:15:19 pm »

On a Server that I run we had a little tiff as a joke. A good half of the players played with the Thaumcraft Mod part like crazy while the other half wanted to get into the Tech Mods. All around our little city started appearing signs, political of nature...
"Magic Ruins the World, Support Tech" and "Tech pollutes the Air, Support Mages" and so forth...

So I had been thinking, why not make the server a 1v1 Factions Style Server where Magic Vs Tech. BUT the thing is I can't decide on the mods, natural certain things like the FTB mods come in handy as they are already packed together, and then there is the Ars Magica Mod. But when it comes down to it, which mods support Magic when it comes to smelting and such and would the Tech Weapons/Stuff be balanced in any way against the Ars Magica Magics that they can cast???

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

Hmm, the sequel to TFC the mod had this suggested as a feature. I think it would require having both kinds of mods built from scratch to make them work against each other well.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17809 on: April 07, 2013, 06:50:35 pm »

Yeah I know what you mean...
Looking at it though I am just not sure that the current Tech weapons have enough pow to counter the Spells...
Tech Weapons and the Magic side for Smelting is the only thing I am struggling with to even make something that could work...
I mean sure, Balkion's Musket and that are ok, but I was thinking for something with a bit more pow that isn't that Flans Weapons mod shit. I mean, thats too much ain't it...
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17810 on: April 07, 2013, 06:54:49 pm »

Thaumcraft has some smelting stuff, I'm pretty sure.

Thaumcraft can use environmental effects as a weapon, too, so they have that for them.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17811 on: April 07, 2013, 06:59:22 pm »

Thaumcraft can use environmental effects as a weapon, too, so they have that for them.
Weapons on the Magic Side isn't the worry, its the Smelting...
Weapons for the Tech Side is the worry, would Magic just overpower Tech if faced on the field??? Remember I am planning on including the Ars Magica mod. That has some crazy spells in it...

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17812 on: April 07, 2013, 07:08:52 pm »

Weapons for the Tech Side is the worry, would Magic just overpower Tech if faced on the field??? Remember I am planning on including the Ars Magica mod. That has some crazy spells in it...
I was under the impression that things like quantum would make tech the overpowered side.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17813 on: April 07, 2013, 07:18:40 pm »

I was under the impression that things like quantum would make tech the overpowered side.
I don't know, thats the thing. But have you seen the Ars Magica mod of late? Some interesting spells there...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17814 on: April 07, 2013, 07:23:07 pm »

I would love a magic vs technology server. Personally, I think that the tech side, while having a pretty big advantage in weaponry, is vulnerable in that it requires things like quarries and massive piping structures to get the power and resources it needs in a timely manner. Anyone on the magic side could just sabotage these. A lot of wasted effort is successful.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17815 on: April 07, 2013, 07:26:44 pm »

I would love a magic vs technology server. Personally, I think that the tech side, while having a pretty big advantage in weaponry, is vulnerable in that it requires things like quarries and massive piping structures to get the power and resources it needs in a timely manner. Anyone on the magic side could just sabotage these. A lot of wasted effort is successful.
With the Factions Bukkit Plugin, I am looking to avoid any Home Base Sabotages, but anything in the open is always open for attack naturally. I think I can do it if I put some time down with the right mods/plugins but atm I am trying to find them. So I am starting with the basics which is whats Tech and whats Magic and making sure that one does not have an overly huge gap between the two...

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #17816 on: April 07, 2013, 07:53:08 pm »

I don't know, thats the thing. But have you seen the Ars Magica mod of late? Some interesting spells there...
I haven't been following mods lately. I think there was a discussion in one of the Minecraft threads on here about the possibility of a technology v magic server. I think that's where I heard about quantum being an issue. If it was an issue some items could be banned to balance things out.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17817 on: April 08, 2013, 12:44:49 am »

Lol, mod talk.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17818 on: April 08, 2013, 02:36:50 am »

Lol, mod talk.
Wait this isn't the Mods Thread... FUCK!!!
Sorry hadn't slept for a good bit when I started this convo...

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17819 on: April 08, 2013, 09:23:34 am »

I don't care really, but INB4 that guy that hates mod talk in this thread.

(also, INB4 someone rationalizes having a separate thread for mods)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 09:26:13 am by Sergius »
Pages: 1 ... 1186 1187 [1188] 1189 1190 ... 1380